💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

opinion

ARTPOP is the last iconic pop era!

JusKeepBreathin

"Iconic" is a bit of a stretch.  It was an amazing pop album tho. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Phlop

Anti, Lemonade, 1989, Reputation etc didn’t exist?

BYE

insight

The Fame Monster was...and you all better deal with that!!!

Bella Goth

2013 not ready for ARTPOP. ARTPOP is so ahead and when gaga at released when her on lowest point imo. ARTPOP is a movement and not just an album. ARTPOP could mean anything

Doot

ARTPOP like it or not when actually remembered by the pop community is generally associated with being a flop, and the negative press she got. 

That does not mean it was an actual flop, as her sales and tour proved. It just sold much less than the previous album. 

You have diehard ARTPOP fans. 

But even ARTPOP ultimately had some sort of cultural impact. Applause is pretty well remembered, and "having their ARTPOP era" is a cultural reference that is often used to describe another artist dealing with similar reactions and narratives that were associated with ARTPOP, such as "flop", selling less, messy rollouts or single releases, controversy, etc. 

So yes, in a sense, ARTPOP is iconic within the pop music fanbase, but not main stream culture, no. Not like her first three albums. Or ASIB. 

Enigma

Whether you think ARTPOP gets the title or not, it still stands that we haven’t had a good era in YEARS. Ariana is the only one I could think of. I don’t consider her to be on the same level as Gaga but I can give it to her that she is iconic, has great MVs, a persona, etc. In the same vein as Cardi.

Who the **** remembers a single MV of Post Malone, Dua Lipa, Camilla Cabello or whatever else flop people are trying to make happen?

Also « eras » is a term claimed by Gaga because she can do them properly. It applies to actual pop stars like Nicki, Beyoncé, Katy, etc. 

Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez or Billie Eilish releasing a generic single is NOT an era. 

Yes maybe those girls will continue to have success like Selena did... yet Selena has been in the game for YEARS and is still not an iconic pop star. She’s a generic whisperer. Her albums have no concept. Her MVs suck. She has no stage presence.

The BTW era is a thing. The ARTPOP era is a thing. The Lemonade era is a thing. The Prism era is a thing. The Rare era is not a thing :awkney:

We need actual pop stars back ugh. I’m CRAVING a good era. 

freemymindARTPOP
6 hours ago, Hurem said:

It's not iconic. 

its iconic:bye:

ill be a princess die and die with you

freemymindARTPOP

LMs are literally the ones who started calling the album a flop but yall aint ready for that thread:whitney:

also, 

Joanne debut: 201.000

ARTPOP debut: 258.000

and people are still talking bout ARTPOP today, while Joanne outside of the fanbase is forgotten:queenga:

Andreu

Anti

before there was love there was silence

Phlop
1 hour ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

LMs are literally the ones who started calling the album a flop but yall aint ready for that thread:whitney:

also, 

and people are still talking bout ARTPOP today, while Joanne outside of the fanbase is forgotten:queenga:

Debut doesn’t matter when sales have been decreasing for years. Joanne did amazing following ARTPOP and had more longevity beyond its debut let’s not(and I like AP more).

BYE

freemymindARTPOP
50 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Debut doesn’t matter when sales have been decreasing for years. Joanne did amazing following ARTPOP and had more longevity beyond its debut let’s not(and I like AP more).

ARTPOP is still talked about after 7 years while people or well at least the GP forgot Joanne after ASIB:trollga:

ARTPOP is better than Joanne imo

insight
51 minutes ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

also, 

It's about how deeply engraved was a particular era in people's collective conscience, not only LMs.  

I still think it was the 2009-2010 period. BTW started good, but then fizzled out after Judas.