Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

opinion

ARTPOP is the last iconic pop era!

freemymindARTPOP
Just now, Varys said:

Where are you from idee I may ask

Northern Europe:ally:

ill be a princess die and die with you

Varys
Just now, freemymindARTPOP said:

Northern Europe:ally:

Thats not a country sis. Scared of a fact check :bon:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

freemymindARTPOP
2 minutes ago, Varys said:

Thats not a country sis. Scared of a fact check :bon:

scared of admitting that ARTPOP wasn’t a flop fact CHECK:huntyga:

Varys
3 minutes ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

scared of admitting that ARTPOP wasn’t a flop fact CHECK:huntyga:

No

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

freemymindARTPOP
6 minutes ago, Jose P said:

@freemymindARTPOP you are truly something interesting :awkney:

May I ask how old you are? 

i am just ARTPOP obsessed:grr:

i am not usually this angry:awkney:

Jose P
1 minute ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

i am just ARTPOP obsessed:grr:

i am not usually this angry:awkney:

Yeah we can tell :huntyga:

Didn’t mean anything against you tho, I think you’re a fun member despite your ARTPOP meltdowns :kiss:

freemymindARTPOP
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

Yeah we can tell :huntyga:

Didn’t mean anything against you tho, I think you’re a fun member despite your ARTPOP meltdowns :kiss:

awww thanks, i love being here with all of you despite the disrepect against ARTPOP (:grr:

im not usually this ranty and mean i just had a really ugh day so its nice to ease some anger, sorry that it had to come out this way tho:ladyhaha:

i should make an album called ARTBOP about MY ANGER TURNED INTO ELECTRONIC MUSIC:enigma:BRB

freemymindARTPOP

i agree that the ARTPOP era was messy:whitney:

Troy Carter and mangements fault tho:lana:

Hurem
2 hours ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

its iconic. not throwing that word around. it is iconic and a big turning point in gagas career

It's not iconic. 

Regina George
3 hours ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I will always love ARTPOP as an album and some of the looks.

But the era to me doesn’t represent anything but Gaga’s pain and struggles. 

It was “iconic” to non fans for being a “flop”. That was literally what it became known for outside this fan base. 

I would rather have all the future eras be small personal successes like Joanne than have her go through another ARTPOP era. 

Basically this. I couldn’t have said it better. 

ChromaticPrincess

Whew Chile the level of disrespect. I thought it was bad when y’all kept on disrespected The Fame but now ARTPOP. 

i think it’s iconic in stan culture. To be fair it is kinda forgotten in the gee pee but they’re trash so who cares lol 

as for Joanne, by the same definition it’d also probably the same although maybe a tiny less forgotten song since it was more recent and the era was way longer however, like Mrs Lizzo says truth hurts, and if we taking in account the gee pee, a good percentage of them, either a, never heard of it in their life, or b think it’s okay but think that Gaga became a sellout or don’t care enough bout her or think she’s too boring now. That’s just how the GP was with her prior to 2017. There are more people who have heard of it and like it, because it’s way more “GP Friendly” in the sense that it’s more digestible. But it’s definitely not iconic. And as for the albums it “influenced” I’ll give it that, but it was only the change of image to a more “stripped down persona” that it influenced, nothing musical. Younger Now is straight up disingenuous according to Miley, Rainbow was similar only to the healing aspect of it, imo Rainbow had a better cohesive concept and had waaaay better visuals. Idk enough about Golden to really say but tbh I think it’s the same case as Rainbow. 

TL;DR it’s iconic depending on the person. To me it’s one of her best albums, I personally wouldn’t call it iconic like her previous 3, but it’s still a solid album and era, and quite frankly I like it better than anything after 2014 (not that their bad themselves but it’s my personal preference) 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

hughes021

I was 13 when this album came out and I still go HARD to it today.

Don't hate me but Jewels N' Drugs is one of my top 5, and I had the version with the offical DJWS breakdown but deleted the file accidentally :((  Can anyone help an ARTPOP stan out if they have it?

JustTea
3 hours ago, Varys said:

Sis im from europe. The cure was litterally bigger here then applause by okay

The Cure was no way bigger than Applause in Europe, even DWUW was bigger than The Cure here. :icega: