Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Vanity Fair releases their Hollywood Issue

freebit

Featured Posts

freebit

Kinda awkward for J.Lo (and Eddie). Kind of like Saorise and Timothy covering it last year. 

Dying @ the random inclusion of Lily-Rose Depp. It's like she's been copy pasted in Laura Dern's photo. 

EOPcXnyXsAAenS9?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anyway, this photoshoot sucks for the second time in a row.

Teal Ambition

I'm obsessed with JLo's sequin blazer :flutter:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

JLo looks so awkward on the cover but I like the large spread mostly. just seems too empty lol

freebit
21 hours ago, Joshuaaaa said:

I still don't understand why Gaga wasn't a part of this issue last year ! 

IKR? I was really expecting her to be on the cover last year because she's been on Vanity Fair twice before, but that was under the old editor Graydon Carter. The new EIC is Radhika Jones. She's been highly critized about the magazine becoming boring and losing sales, so I don't think she'd been oposed to her having her on the cover (she put Miley on the cover recently if that says anything, lol). So I'm guessing Gaga was busy with Enigma or whatever. 

2 hours ago, freebit said:

IKR? I was really expecting her to be on the cover last year because she's been on Vanity Fair twice before, but that was under the old editor Graydon Carter. The new EIC is Radhika Jones. She's been highly critized about the magazine becoming boring and losing sales, so I don't think she'd been oposed to her having her on the cover (she put Miley on the cover recently if that says anything, lol). So I'm guessing Gaga was busy with Enigma or whatever. 

I forgot the old editor had left ! its true i was shocked when she wasn't on the cover last year, then again Glen Close and Olivia Coleman weren't if i remember correctly. She also should have been on the W Magazine as well.

freebit
On 1/15/2020 at 10:26 AM, Joshuaaaa said:

I forgot the old editor had left ! its true i was shocked when she wasn't on the cover last year, then again Glen Close and Olivia Coleman weren't if i remember correctly. She also should have been on the W Magazine as well.

I feel like the editor (or former as he was fired recently) didn't like her. She never once convered W in the past decade. The only feature she's had in W is the article about her before she was famous. I mean, I could be wrong, but the most random of people (as well as actors they were trying to promote but nobody was here for) have covered W. But it doesn't matter anymore as W has been on its last legs for a long time &  has very low circulation anyway. :koons:

StevieNicks

Magazine editors don't care about who they like. They want sales and attention (see Anna giving Kim K the cover)  They would all kill to have a Gaga cover.  I think she is just very picky about who she does interviews with now. She seems to be friends with the people from V magazine for instance. 

She probably just didn't have time and/or want to do it. 

54 minutes ago, freebit said:

I feel like the editor (or former as he was fired recently) didn't like her. She never once convered W in the past decade. The only feature she's had in W is the article about her before she was famous. I mean, I could be wrong, but the most random of people (as well as actors they were trying to promote but nobody was here for) have covered W. But it doesn't matter anymore as W has been on its last legs for a long time &  has very low circulation anyway. :koons:

Exactly ! i despise W these days, so bad and another publication going down the drain. Tbh, Gaga doesn't need magazine covers these days same as Beyonce, T Swift etc. they hardly do her style any justice, excluding V Magazine obvs ! i bet it won't be long before she's on the cover again ! i :heart: it !

freebit
52 minutes ago, StevieNicks said:

Magazine editors don't care about who they like. They want sales and attention (see Anna giving Kim K the cover)  They would all kill to have a Gaga cover.  I think she is just very picky about who she does interviews with now. She seems to be friends with the people from V magazine for instance. 

She probably just didn't have time and/or want to do it. 

Great point, I feel like most editors are like that, but I believe there's bias from time to time too. For example, there's no reason J.Lo shouldn't have covered Vogue during her peak of stardom (98-02). Those years were  insane for her and everything she did was gold. Yet, Anna didn't cave until 2005 (when J.Lo had entered a very boring phase of her career and was less popular). Miley also got a US Vogue cover taken away from her at the peak of her career and media attention, so sometimes personal feelings trumps everything else. That Tonchi dude is kind of messy, so if he didn't like Gaga, I 100% believe he wouldn't give her a cover. That said, could be untrue and she just didn't have the time for W in the 10+ years she's been around as you said. 

Archived