Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nikkie Tutorials Comes Out As Transgender

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

darkchylde

rude as hell that you're commenting on what surgeries she's might had/had not.  or wether she "looks trans" or not. you wouldn't make these comments if someone came out as gay so please keep your vicious curiosity to yourselves. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagzus

My AFAB best friend is taller than me and I’m 6’0 so it’s not uncommon I believe it’s referred to as “super model height” typically. Every super model is almost if not 6ft tall.

Plus whether she “looks trans” or not is irrelevant the fact is she’s a woman who happens to be trans and is part of the community and we should be so lucky to have more and more positive, inspiring and out and proud members in our community. I thought GGD of all places would know this tbh.

ltlmnstr
2 minutes ago, Saint Jude said:

rude as hell that you're commenting on what surgeries she's might had/had not.  or wether she "looks trans" or not. you wouldn't make these comments if someone came out as gay so please keep your vicious curiosity to yourselves. 

Transgender People always have this problem.

They’re only seen as a spectacle of medical science. And that’s all people want to discuss unfortunately.

Like Laverne Cox has said before, Trans People are more than their transitions. There’s different personalities, different walks of like. Change the conversation to where it doesn’t feel like objectification. 

It does make me sad because Nikkie even ended the video with “I am me”
Because now she has to deal with all these public prodding.

Like GGD has said that being gay isn’t a personality and those gay people that pit emphasis on being “ohmygod I’m so gayyyy” is super annoying and makes the community look like morons to straight people.

It’s a similar situation. People don’t want to get to know us as people. They want to ask super personal questions like we’re a medical mystery freak show. We’re not zoo animals.

nenhures
8 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

Yeah I’m tired of the comments in this thread.

The one comment that says her voice is “suspicious” is transphobic.

What these comments do is “other” transgender people.

Like Nikkie said, I am me and to work towards a world with no labels. But sadly, heteronormativity and Cisnormative values will always be there to uphold “us vs them” tactics.

Yeah, unfortunately these threads always span from best case scenarios where people are just ignorant to worst case scenarios where they're straight up vile with no regards for others, it's very disturbing.

No one here would be comfortable if people started speculating on what medical procedures they underwent or not and pointed out "suspicious" things about themselves but suddenly it's okay because we're talking about a trans woman and her body is public property apparently :koons:

It's not an easy task dismantling the status quo but hopefully we can slowly but surely get to it, no matter how uncomfortable it may make certain someones.

ctherainbow

I’m thrilled that she is able to openly live as her true self now, and I’m really glad that most of the feedback I’ve seen so far has been positive.

That being said, is it just me, or is anyone else hoping that she comes to more awareness of how damaging it is to promote this “I’m just me/I’m more than my gender identity” attitude?  We live in a society that, like it or not, categorizes people, and though we’re all out here working to change that, the pace of change is glacial.  Setting up her younger viewers, even unintentionally, for disappointment when they realize that not everyone will pass as well as her, or be recognized as “just themselves and not their identity”, is a disservice to them.  I get that the younger generation has been running full tilt away from queer community identity towards queer individual identity, but not everyone lives in a big city where queer people are normalized.  A lot of us are out here trying to enact radical queer liberation in the countless small towns where we face discrimination, and it really rubs me the wrong way when younger queer celebs (probably unintentionally and not meaning harm, but still) distance themselves from their realistic position as members of an oppressed community with a “don’t worry, you guys, nothing’s going to change, just keep treating me like before, please, because I want to be open but not really have you recognize that my queerness sets me apart in our world” attitude.  Again, I don’t think Nikkie meant to have that effect with her attitude towards her own queerness, but... it just screams assimilation and wanting to be liked by the cishets.

But then again, I may just be a bitter old queen who’s tired of seeing all the progress we made erode because we don’t fight like we used to.

Regardless, any queer person finding the courage to come out and experience the liberation that brings should be applauded, and I’m happy for her.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Giorno Giovanna
1 hour ago, ltlmnstr said:

Yeah I’m tired of the comments in this thread.

The one comment that says her voice is “suspicious” is transphobic.

What these comments do is “other” transgender people.

Like Nikkie said, I am me and to work towards a world with no labels. But sadly, heteronormativity and Cisnormative values will always be there to uphold “us vs them” tactics.

this is like the first time I agree with you :wtfga:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Beanybb

To everyone  who saying her voice is suspicious and that she  looks like a boy in makeup is idiotic and I've only ever seen these things being said once Nikkie came out (Which just proves ya'll are being petty). She 110% passes as a woman, my jaw dropped when I found out. Same with Kim Petras, all I see is woman (regardless of what surgeries that may or may not have been had).

NORMANDIE

Nobody talks about the mother's heroic role. She, unlike other parents, supported Nikkie from the start.

androiduser
12 hours ago, JonathanHolland1 said:

That's not unusual in the Netherlands tho. I have some female friends who are as tall as Nikkie

she mentions her height in the video, that she needed to start taking hormones to control her height

Jonathanholland
40 minutes ago, androiduser said:

she mentions her height in the video, that she needed to start taking hormones to control her height

Because she was still growing back then. You mention her height and make it seem like it's something abnormal for a girl which it isn't. What does it matter anyway

Before there was love, there was silence

androiduser
2 hours ago, JonathanHolland1 said:

Because she was still growing back then. You mention her height and make it seem like it's something abnormal for a girl which it isn't. What does it matter anyway

of course it's not abnormal, there are a lot of tall girls, but 189 is still a well-above-average height, and in her case, it's because she's trans

8 hours ago, androiduser said:

of course it's not abnormal, there are a lot of tall girls, but 189 is still a well-above-average height, and in her case, it's because she's trans

And because she is Dutch, we're tall bitches :huntyga:

Craven Moorecox
22 minutes ago, Bat said:

And because she is Dutch, we're tall bitches :huntyga:

You Dutch people really are giants. I'm 5'10, and I lived in Rotterdam, Netherlands for a year and a half and I felt short. My study abroad buddy I got assigned too was a girl and she was at least 6,3.:enigma:

Archived