💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

92nd Academy Awards Nomininations

Gypsy

Featured Posts

Thomas P
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

I hope it wins editing, but I could really see it going to a lot of other movies in that category. I want it to win Best Picture so bad, but if it doesn't win Director or Editing (i.e. if it only wins Best International Feature Film), I don't think it's going to win.

I haven't watched Hollywood, but tbh I don't want it to win much of anything either. I think Tarantino is a great film maker, but I've just never liked him personally. 

Hollywood is a really good movie. It’s been getting retroactive criticism that I don’t feel is warranted, but it definitely deserves a couple of the awards it’s nominated for (namely Pitt for Supporting and production design). I have a feeling it’s gonna win a lot of stuff it shouldn’t win though. 
I bet it’ll win screenplay which imo is unbelievably undeserved considering it’s up against the screenplays for Marriage Story and Parasite. I also think it could win Picture which would feel like last year’s Greenbook win. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Spock said:

Joker is so overrated ew. I hope Adam snatches the Oscar but we all know that's not happening 

I hate to be that person, but maybe you just didn't get it then. What makes it so good is the construction of Rick's and Sharon's storylines, how they mirror each other, and how the film subvert's the audience expectation of Sharon's murder. It's also a love letter to Hollywood (which the academy loves), and pays homage to Sharon and the career she could have had, which nobody mentions when taking about her murder.

it's definitely not for everyone but it does deserve the acclaim

I dont care about Hollywood and the storyline well... there's barely any of it. As for Sharon, she has minimal scenes which mean nothing to the overall story (if there are any). I really didn't get it at all. I wonder if it would have the same effect on people if Leo Dicaprio was played by Mark Ruffalo and Brad Pitt by  Kevin Bacon and it was directed by a C list director

Reality
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Hollywood is a really good movie. It’s been getting retroactive criticism that I don’t feel is warranted, but it definitely deserves a couple of the awards it’s nominated for (namely Pitt for Supporting and production design). I have a feeling it’s gonna win a lot of stuff it shouldn’t win though. 
I bet it’ll win screenplay which imo is unbelievably undeserved considering it’s up against the screenplays for Marriage Story and Parasite. I also think it could win Picture which would feel like last year’s Greenbook win. 

Well in terms of production design, sure I think that's deserving. I haven't seen the film, but a lot of people say Pitt is great in it, so sure, I'll give Supporting Actor to him.

My biggest problem is it winning so many Screenplay awards. Again, haven't watched the movie, but a lot of the criticism I see from Hollywood is the fact that the writing is not very good. Parasite and Marriage Story, however, are incredibly written films. The writing and acting are the aspects that make Marriage Story such a good movie. It deserves to win. 

🃏🖤👹

1 hour ago, Katharine Hepburn said:

More oscar losses than Glenn Close :sis:

Hoping Diane finally gets her oscar, this year seems a bit weak but I think Elton could take it which I wouldn't be mad at. Glad Bey didn't get the nom that song was boring - I wonder if Gags voted for it :ally:

Gaga may have voted on an artistical basis because there were at least three songs from her friends on the short list.

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well in terms of production design, sure I think that's deserving. I haven't seen the film, but a lot of people say Pitt is great in it, so sure, I'll give Supporting Actor to him.

My biggest problem is it winning so many Screenplay awards. Again, haven't watched the movie, but a lot of the criticism I see from Hollywood is the fact that the writing is not very good. Parasite and Marriage Story, however, are incredibly written films. The writing and acting are the aspects that make Marriage Story such a good movie. It deserves to win. 

The screenplay win at the Globes surprised me more than Missing Link winning animated. 
Tarantino is loved by writers guilds, that’s why his only Oscar wins are for his screenplays, and the screenplay for Hollywood is actually quite compelling, but in a year where a movie like Parasite (one that does something that hasn’t been done before in film) and Marriage Story  (one that is a literal showcase in screenplay writing in the vein of a play) are nominated against it, it really bugs me. 

15 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

As for Hollywood, I haven't seen the movie myself, so for all I know it could be the best movie of 2019, but I just don't want to see it winning a whole lot. For example, Hollywood has been winning a whole bunch of Screenplay awards, but Parasite and Marriage Story are just sooo  good!  Like how are those two films losing?!

I have seen Hollywood, Brad Pitt was really good. The story itself and the nuances came less to me, but I'm from Eastern Europe, so I probably know a lot less about this age and what happened (of course I heard about Manson and the Sharon Tate murder).

Gov Hooka

trash awards show per usual

I think either Joker or Parasite should win Best Picture and Best Director should go to Parasite but probs won't happen. 

StrawberryBlond

Shocked that Beyonce didn't get nominated for Spirit. I thought there wasn't much competition this year for original songs, but turned out there was. I knew Taylor wasn't going to get there but it's still a shock for me. Her music doesn't even do it for me but Beautiful Ghosts was gorgeous and so Oscar worthy. I would've thought Taylor Swift and Andrew Lloyd Webber on a song would be a sure-fire Oscar nom but perhaps the academy thought it was trying too hard for that. Maybe that's the way they looked at Spirit in the same way? I've got the feeling the academy don't want Beyonce to ever go down in history as an Oscar nominee, even if it's just for a song. Kinda the same way they feel about Madonna. Whatever, karma got the Beyhive good. Looks like having a song on a soundtrack and being a big name and tied to a huge movie isn't all it takes for an Oscar nom after all!

Thomas P
34 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Shocked that Beyonce didn't get nominated for Spirit. I thought there wasn't much competition this year for original songs, but turned out there was. I knew Taylor wasn't going to get there but it's still a shock for me. Her music doesn't even do it for me but Beautiful Ghosts was gorgeous and so Oscar worthy. I would've thought Taylor Swift and Andrew Lloyd Webber on a song would be a sure-fire Oscar nom but perhaps the academy thought it was trying too hard for that. Maybe that's the way they looked at Spirit in the same way? I've got the feeling the academy don't want Beyonce to ever go down in history as an Oscar nominee, even if it's just for a song. Kinda the same way they feel about Madonna. Whatever, karma got the Beyhive good. Looks like having a song on a soundtrack and being a big name and tied to a huge movie isn't all it takes for an Oscar nom after all!

I genuinely think that the reputation of the movies (how both movies are garbage trash) really hurt the songs chances. Lion King got other noms but they were almost necessary noms. 

Also, I stan Bey and Taylor HARDDDD bit both songs imo are just so lacklustre (beautiful ghosts is much better than Spirit though)

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't think there is any conspiracy or anything. She just hasn't done anything worthy. Even "Listen" was pretty lackluster. The real writers were lucky to get that nomination.

If Joker wins best picture then Bradley will win an oscar :bradley:

for the ones I care about hmm..

bp: once upon a time

actress/supporting: idk! / florence pugh

actor/supporting: joaquin phoenix / brad pitt

animated: toy story 4

vfx: the lion king

BLACKOUTbritney

J.Lo and Beyonce really thought they were going to be awarded for mediocrity :diane:

If Beyonce worked with her Lemonade collaborators she could've snatched a nom, but no she made spirit instead :saladga:

and J.Lo should've never believed the fake oscars hype surrounding Hustlers :awkney:

JazzGa
12 hours ago, JennyWayne said:

I wonder who out of Beyoncé/Taylor/Ariana will get in BOS.

I might not be the first person to reply to your comment, but it was none of them :bradley:  Can u believe it? :bradley: The pop girls really lost. I think it's because they didn't schmooze the industry up and work closely enough with them to get the votes-- not only starring in a hit movie but also doing a great press campaign helped Gaga, a film industry outsider, nab BOS. 

What was Ariana's movie song she released last year?

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

JazzGa
41 minutes ago, BLACKOUTbritney said:

J.Lo and Beyonce really thought they were going to be awarded for mediocrity :diane:

If Beyonce worked with her Lemonade collaborators she could've snatched a nom, but no she made spirit instead :saladga:

and J.Lo should've never believed the fake oscars hype surrounding Hustlers :awkney:

I really thought J. Lo would get a nom, she's been doing a GREAT press campaign and I loved Hustlers :diane: But I guess it's not the sort of movie that generally gets Academy attention :diane: It's a rather strippery

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

malazam

And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to... Jojo Rabbit! 

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived