Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

92nd Academy Awards Nomininations

Gypsy

Featured Posts

Lextyr97
3 hours ago, Bradley said:

I don't hate Beyonce but I hope this means I'll Never Love Again will win over Spirit at the Grammys.

Praying with all my might :giveup:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

I can sort of agree with that. 2019 was a great year for film in my opinion, and while I want Joker to win a lot of awards, admittedly, it’s only one of a lot of great movies. I mean, Parasite, Marriage Story, and JoJo Rabbit are also great films and they have a good number of nominations as well. 

I think Joker wins Best Actor, Best Score and 1 additional category.

Bradley loses Best Picture, his eighth nomination.

Parasite and Once Upon ... will receive several awards too.

IllusionLover
2 hours ago, Thomas P said:

She deserves it. Her performance in Jojo is amazing. 

I was just wondering because she was in a lot of films last year. 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Runway
3 hours ago, Zander said:

*Let me see what the comments are like on the Best Song tweet*

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-14-15-00.png

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-14-09-49.png

Ah yes, looks like the Beyhive are taking the best Song snub really really well. 

Reveal hidden contents

source.gif

It’s not Gaga’s fault Beyonce’s fraudulent practices in Listen got her blacklisted for life for the Academy

200.gif

Katharine Hepburn
17 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

More oscar losses than Glenn Close :sis:

Hoping Diane finally gets her oscar, this year seems a bit weak but I think Elton could take it which I wouldn't be mad at. Glad Bey didn't get the nom that song was boring - I wonder if Gags voted for it :ally:

xoxo Joanne

Thomas P

My predictions:

Best Picture: Parasite

Best Director: Sam Mendes (the tie last night at CCAs and the win at Golden Globes solidified this)

Best Actor: Joaquin easily

Best Actress: Renée (but I want Scarlet or Saoirse)

Supporting Actress: Laura Dern duh

Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt duh

Original Screenplay: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (but it should be Marriage Story)

Adapted Screenplay: Little Women (that’s me being hopeful)

Cinematography: 1917

Score: Joker

Editing: Parasite

Costumes: Little Women 

Makeup: Bombshell duh

International Film: Parasite duh

Song: Elton 

Production Design: Deserved, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

Special Effects: 1917 (I hope)

Sound Editing: Irishman (not really sure who to give it to here tbh)

Sound Mixing: Ford V Ferrari (same as above)

Animated: Toy Story 4

The other awards I don’t know enough about because I haven’t seen the majority of the movies nominated unfortunately.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Galagala
2 hours ago, August3 said:

I'm disappointed with the best picture nominations. Joker definitely doesn't deserve any noms, apart from best actor, and Parasite; it's was great, but not that great. Swap those two for Us and The Lighthouse instead, both are way more deserving of best picture. 

lol US is awful.

Joker is not that bad at all. Watch it again!

Marriage Story was wonderful and even deserves best picture but Renee was way better than ScarJo. And she will rightfully win her second Oscar soon :staymad:

Queen Bitch
30 minutes ago, Galagala said:

lol US is awful.

Joker is not that bad at all. Watch it again!

Joker is not bad. It's just overrated. Us is way better 

Joker is so overrated ew. I hope Adam snatches the Oscar but we all know that's not happening 

3 hours ago, kyanewest said:

I'm sorry but Once upon a hollywood deserves maybe only cinematography but definitely not original screenplay. It was a snoozefest.

I understand that it must be good for people who study films and are fanatics but for everyday people I just think it was such a disaster nothing happens until the end but then again it's very easy to guess what's going to happen and not entertaining at all. The main purpose of a movie is to entertain and provoke emotions in an audience. I don't care if it's Tarantino or a rookie, that movie doesn't deserve a lot of Oscars

I hate to be that person, but maybe you just didn't get it then. What makes it so good is the construction of Rick's and Sharon's storylines, how they mirror each other, and how the film subvert's the audience expectation of Sharon's murder. It's also a love letter to Hollywood (which the academy loves), and pays homage to Sharon and the career she could have had, which nobody mentions when taking about her murder.

it's definitely not for everyone but it does deserve the acclaim

who will love me when the night is over

also how is Sam Mendes able to get all this acclaim and nominations with what is basically a plagiarized Christopher Nolan film is beyond me :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over

Reality
1 hour ago, Gaby15 said:

I think Joker wins Best Actor, Best Score and 1 additional category.

Parasite and Once Upon ... will receive several awards too.

I think you might be right about Joker. I'm preparing for it to really only win 2, but I could see it winning an additional technical category.

I don't think it'll win Best Picture at all though. 

I want Parasite to win a lot of awards because it's such a fantastic film, but to be honest, I don't know if it can. It's 100% going to win Best International Feature Film, but I have a difficult time seeing it win a lot of the other categories. For example, even though I'd want Bong Joon Ho or Todd Phillips to win Best Director (with more of an emphasis on Bong Joon Ho), I see it going to Sam Mendes.

As for Hollywood, I haven't seen the movie myself, so for all I know it could be the best movie of 2019, but I just don't want to see it winning a whole lot. For example, Hollywood has been winning a whole bunch of Screenplay awards, but Parasite and Marriage Story are just sooo  good!  Like how are those two films losing?!

🃏🖤👹

Reality
2 hours ago, Thomas P said:

If Parasite wins editing then I think it’ll win Picture which I’m happy about, but if it loses that then I think Hollywood will win picture which I’m not so happy about. 

I hope it wins editing, but I could really see it going to a lot of other movies in that category. I want it to win Best Picture so bad, but if it doesn't win Director or Editing (i.e. if it only wins Best International Feature Film), I don't think it's going to win.

I haven't watched Hollywood, but tbh I don't want it to win much of anything either. I think Tarantino is a great film maker, but I've just never liked him personally. 

🃏🖤👹

I swear tg if they give Best Visual Effects to anything other than Endgame I'm gonna be annoyed. 

Why is the Irishman even under that category? Because of the extremely bad deaging?

Archived