Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

92nd Academy Awards Nomininations

Gypsy

Featured Posts

Ally Campana
24 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Actually not at the Oscars but Gaga won several awards for her acting in other competitions, including AHS and the Golden Globes. Having an Oscar win is something extremely exclusive since there's no genre categories 

Yeah but they were talking about the Oscars. Still, Gaga 3 Noms 1 Win. Bey 0 Noms 0 Wins.

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
58 minutes ago, Zander said:

*Let me see what the comments are like on the Best Song tweet*

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-14-15-00.png

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-14-09-49.png

Ah yes, looks like the Beyhive are taking the best Song snub really really well. 

Reveal hidden contents

source.gif

''The only headline that show made is when she fell off stage.''

OMG I CAN'T I'M DYING :ladyhaha: 

Ally Campana
10 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

To be fair, I did see some little monsters antagonizing the Hive. I honestly don't get why monsters do that at times (even if it's typical stan behavior, it's dumb AF)—it's like they want Gags to be dragged, because the Hive often has their tweets go viral. Either some monsters are so deep into "standom" they don't realize there's no benefit from poking the hive and that it's just straight up immature, or they aren't actually fans of Gags (something...I sort of suspect...as I've seen some accounts which have to be straight up trolls). 

But yeah, even if the Hive starts it the monsters on twitter need to learn to just ignore them. Stan twitter is so toxic and messy—it rarely impacts celebs, but I bet 99% of them still hate stan twitter and regret ever signing up for twitter accounts/interacting with fans on twitter because it gave birth to present day stan twitter.

Yeah it’s always very pointless to engage in it. But I gotta give it to LMs this time, Bey fans were always dragging Gaga for ‘taking a Beyoncé reject’, ‘She’s a 2nd Choice’, ‘She needed a movie to revive her career’, ‘All soundtracks sells well cause they have a big promotion by the movie’ ‘The Lion King will outsell everything Fad did with ASIB’, etc. Plus they kept saying the movie would flop cause it’s the 4th remake and when it succeeded in every way, it suddenly became a ‘safe remake’. It’s just funny to see karma bite them in the ass.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Glittertinks

I am okay with most nominations.

I am very happy for Adam Driver's nomination. Well deserved. I don't think he will win tho, but the nomination is already enough too :heart:

As a huge Animation fan let me tell y'all Frozen 2 being shut out is a kii. Although I would love to exchange it with Toy Story 4 however (I think Frozen 2 was a better direction for the future at the studio than TS4). I am rooting the most for Klaus. International animation needs more love from the Academy instead of throwing the awards at american productions all the time. Klaus was produced in Spain and has a pretty international team and an almost 50/50 ratio of Men and Women working on it. It would also shut up people who claim that people only want to see 3D animation, which is not the case.

I Lost My Body and Missing Link would be interesting choices too however. At the end I think the animation industry is also fed up with the vanilla takes on animation coming from Disney and the basicness that has settled there in the past years. All I gotta say in the past decade, they definitely did not deserve many Oscars. Other projects were more deserving. But since nobody cares about Animation as a legit form of movie making... ugh.

FlopSlurper
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

''The only headline that show made is when she fell off stage.''

OMG I CAN'T I'M DYING :ladyhaha: 

there are some points he has made

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

Thomas P
31 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It's only "overrated" because it's a comic book film and people have this vendetta against anything that has to do with superheroes/comic book movies.

If Joaquin Phoenix played the same exact character, but didn't call himself "the Joker" everyone would be like "Wow! Joaquin's such a phenomenal actor! This movie was amazing!". But because he's "the Joker", people pay attention to that instead of the message about mental illness, the poor/homeless, the growing class divide in America, depression, etc. 

It's a great movie, and if this were last year where there weren’t nearly as many amazing films, I would be rooting for it like crazy. I want Joaquin to win, but in terms of direction, there were movies out there that were simply directed better. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Queen Bitch
33 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It's only "overrated" because it's a comic book film and people have this vendetta against anything that has to do with superheroes/comic book movies.

If Joaquin Phoenix played the same exact character, but didn't call himself "the Joker" everyone would be like "Wow! Joaquin's such a phenomenal actor! This movie was amazing!". But because he's "the Joker", people pay attention to that instead of the message about mental illness, the poor/homeless, the growing class divide in America, depression, etc. 

That's not my problem with it. It's just not that great. A movie doesn't become good, just because it has a deeper meaning. 

Thomas P
27 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Why is Scarlett also nominated as supporting actress?

She deserves it. Her performance in Jojo is amazing. 

Queen Bitch

I'm disappointed with the best picture nominations. Joker definitely doesn't deserve any noms, apart from best actor, and Parasite; it's was great, but not that great. Swap those two for Us and The Lighthouse instead, both are way more deserving of best picture. 

John Wayne

I’m really happy that Honeyland got 2 noms for best documentary and best international film. It’s a Macedonian movie and I believe this is the first time a local movie has got Oscar noms. I really recommend it too!

Thomas P
17 minutes ago, August3 said:

I'm disappointed with the best picture nominations. Joker definitely doesn't deserve any noms, apart from best actor, and Parasite; it's was great, but not that great. Swap those two for Us and The Lighthouse instead, both are way more deserving of best picture. 

Take that back right now

Say sike

Gagaplayer315

So not all lead songs from a movie soundtrack get an Oscar nomination huh

nicki minaj laughing GIF

Archived