Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

92nd Academy Awards Nomininations

Gypsy

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Say hello to a 4 Time academy award nominee who’s only 25

waving saoirse ronan GIF by The Academy Awards

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

I’ve seen and loved all of the best picture nominees. I want Parasite to win but I think it’s gonna be OUATIH, which I’m not outraged at because I actually like that movie a lot, a solid 8/10 for me. I also wouldn’t mind if 1917 won, it was amazing imo. 
Im a little pissed that Little Women is gonna go home empty handed though...definitely my second favourite movie of the year. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Ally Campana
1 hour ago, Zander said:

*Let me see what the comments are like on the Best Song tweet*

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-14-15-00.png

Screenshot-2020-01-13-at-14-09-49.png

Ah yes, looks like the Beyhive are taking the best Song snub really really well. 

Reveal hidden contents

source.gif

‘crying for a Beyonce reject movie, but she won 0 acting awards & only 1 song award’ yet their fave is yet to see at least ONE nomination. Their denial is always impressive to me. :giggle:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Miracle
3 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

‘crying for a Beyonce reject movie, but she won 0 acting awards & only 1 song award’ yet there fave is yet to see at least ONE nomination. Their denial is always impressive to me. :giggle:

Actually not at the Oscars but Gaga won several awards for her acting in other competitions, including AHS and the Golden Globes. Having an Oscar win is something extremely exclusive since there's no genre categories 

Reality
32 minutes ago, August3 said:

That movie is so overrated. It's not bad, just not nearly as great as everyone makes it out to be. 

It's only "overrated" because it's a comic book film and people have this vendetta against anything that has to do with superheroes/comic book movies.

If Joaquin Phoenix played the same exact character, but didn't call himself "the Joker" everyone would be like "Wow! Joaquin's such a phenomenal actor! This movie was amazing!". But because he's "the Joker", people pay attention to that instead of the message about mental illness, the poor/homeless, the growing class divide in America, depression, etc. 

🖤👹

LilyLark
26 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Wow who would’ve thought :vegas:

I love Bey, but really...yikes. The real snubs are Lupita, Akwafina, and JLo—the hive needs to get a grip.

IllusionLover

Ok so;

Why is Scarlett also nominated as supporting actress?

I can't believe Endgame didn't make it to the Original Score category

Star Wars has to win Sound Editing.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Jollibee
2 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Ok so;

Why is Scarlett also nominated as supporting actress?

I can't believe Endgame didn't make it to the Original Score category

Star Wars has to win Sound Editing.

Jojo Rabbit

LilyLark
14 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

‘crying for a Beyonce reject movie, but she won 0 acting awards & only 1 song award’ yet there fave is yet to see at least ONE nomination. Their denial is always impressive to me. :giggle:

To be fair, I did see some little monsters antagonizing the Hive. I honestly don't get why monsters do that at times (even if it's typical stan behavior, it's dumb AF)—it's like they want Gags to be dragged, because the Hive often has their tweets go viral. Either some monsters are so deep into "standom" they don't realize there's no benefit from poking the hive and that it's just straight up immature, or they aren't actually fans of Gags (something...I sort of suspect...as I've seen some accounts which have to be straight up trolls). 

But yeah, even if the Hive starts it the monsters on twitter need to learn to just ignore them. Stan twitter is so toxic and messy—it rarely impacts celebs, but I bet 99% of them still hate stan twitter and regret ever signing up for twitter accounts/interacting with fans on twitter because it gave birth to present day stan twitter.

LilyLark

I'm happy for Antonio Banderas, but most of this list is a big yikes. Awkwafina, JLo, and Lupita are the biggest snubs. Greta should have received a best director nomination along with Pedro Almodovar. Hustlers should have had a best adapted screenplay nod. That's not even getting into the fact that the actors from Parasite, particularly the one who played the sister and the one who played the father, deserved to get into the acting categories.

Anyway, it's a very white and very male list. Ugh.

yASSsss
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

@yASSsssyour voodoo worked :diane: 

It worked for the Golden Globes too(she lost):tony:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

It worked for the Golden Globes too(she lost):tony:

Now please voodoo for LG6 release :ally:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

yASSsss
Just now, RAMROD said: