đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

RuPaul Gets Candid About Open Marriage, Calls Monogamy a 'Hoax'

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

Some people say only a Christian marriage is a marriage. They’re not demonizing LGBTQ marriages (unless they vote and donate to homophobic causes.) They are LGBTQ Christians as well as Atheist & Other Religious LGBTQ. They’re not trying to ~invalid~ each other. 

Quit trying to demonize Ru from an interview from November. Y’all didn’t say anything then when it dropped fresh.

These so called “purity tests” for visible LGBTQ & Allies are exhausting.

And another tidbit...y’all hate Cancel Culture or not? Because it seems y’all only hate Cancel Culture when it’s your faves being attacked.

A person who says that only a Christian marriage is a marriage is implying that other kind of marriages are not marriages (=not valid). Sure demonizing other kinds of marriages is a different thing but I don't see how you got that from my post?

I said if this works for Ru, ok good for him. But there are people who would rather have a monogamous relationship and that's ok. Making broad statements like "Monogamy is a hoax" is terrible. I know you'd agree if someone said "all policemen are bad" or "inmigrants are bad". 

Let's just agree to disagree but please don't put words in my mouth. I never implied any of the things you said in my original post. 

underneath the pine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s completely reasonable, though, I couldn’t deal with that level of freedom myself to be honest, as in my mental energy is easily depleted and I can only devote myself to one person at a time (which I get is not feasible to some and the opposite naturally unfolds), and of course, like them, it’s not something I decided, it’s really just part of my spirit and not something that I forced myself into, both monogamy and polygamy check out.

Just go for whatever label adapts to you, don’t adapt to them.

Meruk Holland

Humans weren't necessarily evolved to be either monogamous or polyamarous. It's entirely dependent on the individual. Many people can make monogamy work, while others best flourish with a poly relationship

littlepotter
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

you could've tagged me sis, and I'll take that :fan:

It wouldn't be as funny

tenor.gif

chaeri pls

FlopSlurper
11 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

It wouldn't be as funny

tenor.gif

oh it was supposed to be funny? couldn't tell. maybe if you didn't ignore the subject at hand and came for me personally

D4gQO7-U8AAydOI.jpg

Magneto

I think he means monogamy is a hoax in the sense that everyone is raised to think that it's the norm while it doesn't have to be like that for everyone including him. Just like we're raised men shouldn't wear dresses and some actually like to do just that 

Also, are people actually offended by this? I mean, I'm monogamous myself and even if he were to invalidate it my love for my man wouldn't be any less real :vegas:

Free my mind

Diamond Heart

If you have an open relationship that works for you, then thats awesome! 
but the whole monogamy is a 'haox' 'isnt real' 'doesnt work' is nonsense. There are all different kinds of couples. 

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

When Ru says monogamy is a hoax, he means it is a hoax in the same way gender norms are a hoax. There is nothing in our nature as human beings which suggests men can't wear heels, and that to be in a legitimate relationship you must be monogamous. Those are hoaxes we have bought into.

An open relationship can be just as loving and legitimate as a monogamous one.

littlepotter
42 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

oh it was supposed to be funny? couldn't tell. maybe if you didn't ignore the subject at hand and came for me personally

D4gQO7-U8AAydOI.jpg

Sis delete :bradley: 

chaeri pls

Meruk Holland
37 minutes ago, August3 said:

If you really love someone, why would you want to f*ck someone else? 

It's human imperative. It's baser instincts that tell us to be attracted to more than one person. Sex and Love aren't always enmeshed with each other. 

Only when we apply empathy, logic, and/or social pressure do we consider monogamous exclusiveness.

elijahfan
5 hours ago, D0P3 said:

RuPaul is literally the LAST person on earth I'd ask about marriage but ok...lol

They’ve been together for decades, so maybe you should take notes? :ohwell:

JevyDuty
4 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

nothing worse than not only trying to normalize this mess but also bashing those who believe in loyalty and love, but chile anyways

Your opinion got canceled there. Clearly you're judging what you do not know. As if people in open relationship don't have loyalty and love. I mean, it's a mutual agreement. :oops:

(You clearly wanted to be as controversial as Ru here)

Archived