Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

RuPaul Gets Candid About Open Marriage, Calls Monogamy a 'Hoax'

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

When asked how he and his husband decided to have an open marriage, he answered simply and confidently: “We didn’t decide.” “The hoax,” he continued, “is that monogamy is something that can actually happen.” I mean, I’m as poly as they come, but monogamy is definitely something that can and does successfully happen all the time. He’s entitled to his opinion, though.

Still, the RuPaul’s Drag Race creator’s reasons for believing this are rooted in is deep and abiding love for his husband.

“I wouldn’t want to put restraints on the person I love the most on this planet,” he told the magazine. “Listen, if you get something that you cannot resist and that is gonna make you happy, go for it. Because the truth is, I know in my heart of hearts like I’ve ever known anything before, that man loves me more than anything else in this world.” That’s genuinely beautiful.

https://www.out.com/drag/2019/11/27/rupaul-gets-candid-about-open-marriage-calls-monogamy-hoax

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

RuPaul is literally the LAST person on earth I'd ask about marriage but ok...lol

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

I believe that people CAN be monogamous. Him calling it a hoax is just absurd and it’s unfortunate because a lot of people actually believe that homosexuals, men in particular can’t settle down with one just partner and are just too sexual. But I can see why he’d opt for an open marriage, I mean he’s rich but he’s not cute at aaaaaalllll sis.

littlepotter

A bit not ready for the influx of people who'll probably bash open relationship couples as not being really in love, but I am living this with my boyfriend of one year and both of us couldn't be happier and more comfortable with one another. What he said about not putting restrictions on the man he loved really summarizes why we chose to open our relationship - we know we both adore each other and we know how so many couples fall out of love due to routine and wanting to explore again, so opening that possibility while still loving each other in aspects way deeper than just physical made my love for him grow tenfold. 

That said, Ru's claim is obviously too general. But in the end you always speak of what you know and he's not exactly one to make tame statements, he most probably meant for this to sound controversial.

Edit: I should note that even though we both agreed to have an open relationship, and it's been this way for over half a year, we both remained very much sexually exclusive to one another. For the moment we're not done exploring each other. People must understand that being in an open relationship does not necessarily mean ****ing around; it means being open to the possibility and accepting the other's urge for sexual exploration. 

chaeri pls

I guess asexual people are also a hoax. I don't think he means wrong here, but invalidating other people's relationship because it's not like yours isn't a bit intolerant? Now I haven't seen the video or know the way he said it but based on what's on the OP this is Ru being closed-minded once again.

underneath the pine

I'm gonna be slaughtered for this but I personally prefer monogamous relationships.

Monogamy (especially in LGBT circles) is being seen like some sort of ancient, uncool and now suddenly impossible commitment. 

You get less D, you get less dates and you have to see the same person all the time, but here's why I prefer it:

1. I always prefer 1:1 relationships in all aspects of my life.  Entering into group scenarios with friends and family in general tires me out. :messga:

2. Jealousy. I don't mind my partner doing his own thing, but it would hurt me to see them be in love with someone else. I'd subconsciously compare partners and my life would become a competition.  

3. Time and energy. I don't have time to find others and give them my full energy. I'd rather give someone special my full attention than date 2-3 partners. 

I am being a jealous, old and lazy relationship cow though. :ohwell:

I just wish it wouldn't be presented in a 'popular' or 'trendy' way by celebrities, because some people are gonna get hurt. 

But, if he and everyone involved is happy, then that's great news! Let them get on with it and I wish Ru the absolute best! 

21 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

A bit not ready for the influx of people who'll probably bash open relationship couples as not being really in love, but I am living this with my boyfriend of one year and both of us couldn't be happier and more comfortable with one another. What he said about not putting restrictions on the man he loved really summarizes why we chose to open our relationship - we know we both adore each other and we know how so many couples fall out of love due to routine and wanting to explore again, so opening that possibility while still loving each other in aspects way deeper than just physical made my love for him grow tenfold. 

That said, Ru's claim is obviously too general. But in the end you always speak of what you know and he's not exactly one to make tame statements, he most probably meant for this to sound controversial.

I'm not a fan of open relationships, but only  for myself. Some couples see monogamy as a sign of love by relying on each other, other see it as restrictive to their ability to love.  It's just a matter of perspective.

Nobody should ever be bashing you for being open. :pawsup:

You do whatever makes you and your boyfriend happy! 

RAMROD

He is looking for another enemy after her own belief about trans queen, huh? :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I don't like him never have just get a weird vibe off him but good on him for being open about stuff like this !!!!

FlopSlurper

nothing worse than not only trying to normalize this mess but also bashing those who believe in loyalty and love, but chile anyways

littlepotter

Nothing worse than being notoriously the most judgmental member of this site and that is definitely saying something 

tenor.gif

chaeri pls

FlopSlurper
11 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Nothing worse than being notoriously the most judgmental member of this site and that is definitely saying something 

tenor.gif

you could've tagged me sis, and I'll take that :fan:

ltlmnstr
48 minutes ago, Lumi said:

I guess asexual people are also a hoax. I don't think he means wrong here, but invalidating other people's relationship because it's not like yours isn't a bit intolerant? Now I haven't seen the video or know the way he said it but based on what's on the OP this is Ru being closed-minded once again.

That’s not what RuPaul is saying at all. 
He didn’t say monogamous relationships aren’t valid. His own beliefs is that it doesn’t work for him and his partner based on their own life experiences.

He also didn’t say anything about Asexual people. And there are plenty of Asexual people who are Poly-amorous because Romantic Orientations =/= Sexual Orientations.

Some people say only a Christian marriage is a marriage. They’re not demonizing LGBTQ marriages (unless they vote and donate to homophobic causes.) They are LGBTQ Christians as well as Atheist & Other Religious LGBTQ. They’re not trying to ~invalid~ each other. 

RuPaul isn’t donating to organizations that are trying tear monogamy apart (unless you believe the right wing conspiracies about left-wing people & organizations)

Quit trying to demonize Ru from an interview from November. Y’all didn’t say anything then when it dropped fresh.

These so called “purity tests” for visible LGBTQ & Allies are exhausting.

And another tidbit...y’all hate Cancel Culture or not? Because it seems y’all only hate Cancel Culture when it’s your faves being attacked.

ltlmnstr
52 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

Monogamy (especially in LGBT circles) is being seen like some sort of ancient, uncool and now suddenly impossible commitment. 

Heteronormative values have been discussed in Queer Theory since the 70’s

Many Lesbians paved the way that there’s more than one type of love and more than one way to love.

Archived