Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Your early 2020s music predictions

artpopsexual

Featured Posts

artpopsexual

So, what do you think music will sound like in the first years of this new decade (considering the 2020s = 2020-2029)?

Which genre could possibly rule the charts (or keep ruling it)? And artists?

(I mean early 2020s by 2020-2023)

johnwayne1993

I can see disco and funk is on its way in - not necessarily full blown, but influences. At least for now...

See Dua’s new era, recent The Weeknd, Jessie Ware, Alicia Keys etc etc

An 80s synthpop revival will happen in the first years, also the hip-hop / rap will decline again and disappear near the of the decade  from the mainstream.

FfFfFfFF

I think the minimalist/ trap sound of the last year will keep being popular a few years but fade and give space to a new direction. The same way the club sound of the late 2000s transformed into trap and chill pop, there is going to be a new direction. Maybe the sound will become again more excessive and synth heavy to make the circle complete.

Also, after the the 80s and 90s nostalgia during the previous the decade, it's likely now for more songs and artists to reference the 2000s and some already do (Kim Petras etc).

I think PC music has potential to extend its popularity and if LG6 does draw influence from it... :giveup:

COOOK
10 minutes ago, johnwayne1993 said:

I can see disco and funk is on its way in - not necessarily full blown, but influences. At least for now...

See Dua’s new era, recent The Weeknd, Jessie Ware, Alicia Keys etc etc

KYLIEkylie jenner kiss GIFnot you.

style kylie GIFYou

artpopsexual
4 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I think the minimalist/ trap sound of the last year will keep being popular a few years but fade and give space to a new direction. The same way the club sound of the late 2000s transformed into trap and chill pop, there is going to be a new direction. Maybe the sound will become again more excessive and synth heavy to make the circle complete.

Also, after the the 80s and 90s nostalgia during the previous the decade, it's likely now for more songs and artists to reference the 2000s and some already do (Kim Petras etc).

I think PC music has potential to extend its popularity and if LG6 does draw influence from it... :giveup:

Now you made me think that like, in the last few years, nostalgia sells a lot, isn't it? I don't know if in the 90s or 80s or any decade before, taking back some elements and trying to reproduce music of the past was so popular. I know in the 2010s we had a lot of characteristic music genres ruling the scene, but we've tried to recover a lot of the music of another decades.

I hope in the 2020s we try something different (even though I also want some old genres back in the mainstream lol)

TEANUS

80s/ 90s nostalgia will continue to flourish in the first half of the decade and eventually people will transfer their nostalgia energy to the 00s

Hip-hop/ rap/ trap will begin to morph and what we know now will fade away

Pop music will assimilate to a new genre (R&B, electronic in the 90s, hip-hop, Euro dance-pop in the 00s and early 10s, and EDM, tropical, and Latin in the mid-late 10s)

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

moonboywow

Taemin and the other members of shinee will release music and break through internationally and have a number one hit on us radio. 

Or maybe ateez. 

Or a nice girl group. Maybe someone like apink. 

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, ARTPOPsexual said:

Now you made me think that like, in the last few years, nostalgia sells a lot, isn't it? I don't know if in the 90s or 80s or any decade before, taking back some elements and trying to reproduce music of the past was so popular. I know in the 2010s we had a lot of characteristic music genres ruling the scene, but we've tried to recover a lot of the music of another decades.

I can see why you'd think that the borrowing from other decades only happened in the last years but I think it's just the fact that we live in this time so we can see and pick up those influences. Looking back at a 70s music we only see 70s music but to someone that lived those years and experienced the music and trends live they would probably pick up 50s or 60s influences in their decade's music as well.

10 minutes ago, ARTPOPsexual said:

I hope in the 2020s we try something different (even though I also want some old genres back in the mainstream lol)

Borrowing from a decade doesn't mean creating a straight up replica, sometimes is actually a way of evolving. For instance the 2010s songs that were influenced by the 90s had those influences but updated. Synthwave is a genre highly referencing the 80s but at the same time is something new. I can see nee sounds emerging this decade but using influences from previous decades. 

COOOK

00’s nostalgia’s kicking in an we’re already getting pop-tinged 00’s r&b so I’m expecting this in the pop scene

River

LG6 2nd single will be replaced by a promo single and that single era will be doomed.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived