Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Six Female Musicians cleared the way for women in 2010's

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Gaga, Pink and Kesha cleared the way for women in the 2010s: The way these six artists weathered the music industry's shifts defied conventional wisdom about how women in the spotlight can hold on to their status.

Lady Gaga kicked off the decade with the audacious “Born This Way,” which included powerhouse singles, like the Clarence Clemons-assisted "The Edge of Glory" and the drama-heavy "Marry the Night.” But on its followup, 2013’s “ARTPOP,” she seemed to lose the plot, its halfhearted songs backed by her puddle-deep proclamations of being a serious artist. This foray into performance-piece gibberish wound up being a perfect setup for her rise back into capital-a Authenticity, though, beginning with 2016’s “Joanne,” which wasn’t as countrified as the pink 10-gallon hat she wore on its cover implied but which did contain a couple of stirring piano ballads.

Her efforts at remaking herself then crested with the 2018 remake of "A Star Is Born," which contained the world-conquering power ballad "Shallow." Those triumphs — as well as her collaborative record with Tony Bennett and her Las Vegas residency "Enigma," both of which showcased her ability to channel old-school crooners — put the indulgent “ARTPOP” era far in the rear view mirror. (She's also franchised her name with her Amazon-distributed makeup line Haus.)

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/taylor-swift-beyonc-rihanna-gaga-pink-kesha-cleared-way-women-ncna1107886

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

Pop music underwent a lot of sweeping changes in the 2010s. The way these six women, all of whom are still considered capital-p Pop Stars, weathered its shifts defied conventional wisdom about how women in the spotlight can hold on to their status — and laid the groundwork for late-10s world-beaters such as Lizzo and Grande to upend expectations with even more gusto.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Thomas P

Talent on talent on talent 

gay hearts GIF

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

nenhures

Glad they're acknowledging their impact (and what an impact) but can these publications talk about Gaga's discography without feeling the need to discredit ARTPOP at least once :saladga:

GreenDiamond

there is slight Beyonce shade

Indeed, over the 2010s, when she definitely was one of pop's most mega of stars, she only hit the Hot 100's top 10 twice — and her lone No. 1 hit came when she hopped on a track by jack-of-all-trades moppet Ed Sheeran.

Chromaticunt
4 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I'm so over people shitting on ARTPOP all over again :triggered:

Right? I would like to know just what the ever-loving f*ck is "half-hearted" about songs like Aura, Venus, Do What U Want, Swine, and Gypsy.

Edonis

Kind of over the backhanded compliments publications love to give her, but I'm always here for Born this Way appreciation and purpose. Anyways, mark my words hunnies, ARTPOP will reach cult status in due time. 

ANTI WP
55 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

maus lab on maus lab on maus lab

maxresdefault.jpg

giphy.gif

Gaga keeps winning while liddos keep loosing their shhit 

Archived