Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rate the last album you listened to

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

misanthrope

Ellie Goulding - Halcyon 4/10

ellie-goulding-halcyon-album-cover-1343649813-custom-0.jpg

I generally find her voice to be powerless and her music as well. It all just sounds like something i've heard before that was already done more effectively. Sonically I consider this your typical indie tinged female electro-pop album. Everything you'd expect with absolutely no surprises. She's not terrible but I refuse to give anyone extra credit solely for not sounding like other bull**** artists that are currently on the Top 40. Even if this sounds more evolved than We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together or even Bad Kids (which quite honestly isn't a difficult feat), i've still heard better than this.

Standout tracks (imo): Halcyon, Only You

Edited by leviticus

Glassheart-Deluxe-Edition.jpeg

Leona Lewis - Glassheart (Deluxe) - 7/10

A great third studio effort from Leona, wasn't sure what to expect with the release of 'Collide' and then the 'Hurts EP' but this album is a great medium between those two pre-album releases. Plenty of typical mid-tempo pop songs with catchy choruses and Leona's distinctive vocal as present as ever. A few more up-tempo songs to bring the album in line with what her contemporaries are doing, something probably most of us expected was that inevitable 'dub/pop' track.. and it's there in the form of 'Come Alive'.

The vocals are great, the only downside I find with Leona in general is she can sometimes come across as too 'shouty'. Beautiful acoustic versions included as well.

Don't Panic by All Time Low = 7.5/10

Not as good as their previous albums but still ownable.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

24276-300.jpg

200km/h In The Wrong Lane by t.A.T.u.

Rating: 10/10, 5/5 stars, A+, 100/100

One of the greatest masterpieces of the last decade :legend:...I also like the Russian version of the album, the song Robot is funny :worship:

ellie-goulding-halcyon-album-cover-1343649813-custom-0.jpg

7/10

In my opinion not as good as everyone is hyping it up to be.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Phantomhive

Kylie_Minogue-Light_Years-Frontal.jpg

~Light Years - Kylie Minogue~

8/10

Nice disco europop record, as expected from Kylie. :heart:

In I fly on wings of winter.
  • Like 1

misanthrope

The Presets - Pacifica 7/10

The-Presets-Pacifica1.jpg

This came out like a month ago I think?..and i've been listening to it since. Apocalypso and their Blow Up ep are still my favorite of theirs, but Pacifica is quite good.

Standout tracks: Fall, Push, I'm Cool, Surrender

Edited by leviticus

Godspeed-You-Black-Emperor-Allelujah-Dont-Bend-Ascend.jpg

Godspeed You! Black Emperor / Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!

The two twenty minute tracks here are really dynamic and pretty incredible. They really feel like they sonically take you somewhere; they're layered and rousing. The two six minute tracks, however, mostly feel like a waste. They're not bad, per se, just mostly they don't add anything. They're both basically drones. Tastefully done, artful drones, but they still just don't have much substance.

7/10

220px-Electraheart.jpg

I see a lot of her around here, so decided to listen to the album. Some of her lyrics are somewhat daring and refreshing, but the sound of the album is incredibly generic and absolutely nothing original here. Generic is okay as long as it's good, but I struggled to find any song on this album that was pleasing to my ears. I would even go as far as saying Teenage Dream is more diverse and interesting.

I think Marina has the lyrical prowess to be the superstar a lot of people want her to be, but she needs to find another producer to make her stand out from the pack. It's not always about the lyrics... Music should sound good, too.

4/10

taylor-swift-red-album-cover-pic.jpg

Red by Taylor Swift

Rating: 6.5/10

Not as good as Speak Now and Fearless but there's a couple of enjoyable tracks on it like: I Knew You Were Trouble, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, 22, Red, Say Say Say, The Last Time...

• Admin changed the title to Rate the last album you listened to