opinion

Rate the last album you listened to

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

220px-The_Heist_Macklemore.jpeg

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis- The Heist

Rating: 7/10

In "Thrift Shop" Ben Haggerty (Macklemore) effortlessly mocks consumers with a penchant for materialism, self-image/ product image congruency, and brand clothes,"Yo, that's 50 dollars for a T-shirt.." "Fifty dollars for a T-shirt - that's just some ignorant b---h (****)/ I call that getting swindled and pimped (****)/ I call that getting tricked by a business." At first glance, Haggerty comes across as another disposable cocky rapper who'll have one or two hits and then disappear all of a sudden, but upon further inspection, we learn that he's a pretty serious guy who tackles pivotal issues such as same-s-x marriage, religion, and the difficulties of being an up and coming artist. The first half of the album starts out great with "Same Love" being the album's highlight without a doubt, but afterwards the album becomes somewhat of a bore-fest, and not to mention that there are one or two instrumental tracks that pretty much do nothing for the album. Still, the album is alright, and if time is an issue, at least listen to the first 5-6 songs on the album.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

220px-One_Direction_%E2%80%93_Take_Me_Ho

5/10

220px-Boys%26Girls.jpg

7/10

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

BellaDonnaDiana

Muse_2nd_law.jpg

1. "Supremacy" 5/5

2. "Madness" 5/5

3. "Panic Station" 4/5

4. "Prelude" 4/5

5. "Survival" 5/5

6. "Follow Me" 5/5

7. "Animals" 4/5

8. "Explorers" 3/5

9. "Big Freeze" 3/5

10. "Save Me" 4/5

11. "Liquid State" 3/5

12. "The 2nd Law: Unsustainable" 4/5

13. "The 2nd Law: Isolated System" 5/5

I really adore this album by Muse. To me they have really shown their growth as a band, and have really pushed themself to keep it modern. the perfect description is from Matthew himself "christian gangsta rap jazz odyssey, with some ambient rebellious dubstep and face-melting metal flamenco cowboy psychedelia"

It sums it up 100% whilst you have to wait half way through the song for it to completly shine it is worth the wait. I really adore their influences and the production. For me this Album will go down in history as one of my favourites. I recommend it to anyone who has not heard much of Muse as a gateway into their work.

misanthrope

Sharon Needles PG-13

tumblr_inline_mh1r2tKVOg1qd3czk.jpg

5/10

Its a drag queen album so obviously its not meant to be received as something serious. But I liked Dead Girls Never Say No, Let's All Die, I Wish I Were Amanda Lepore, and Drink Till I Die. I always liked the idea of a new drag or tranny pop star and so far all we've had is Jeffree Star and he sucks both image wise and musically. Sharon Needles is like the better version of Jeffree Star, what he wishes he could be. Maybe Sharon Needles is the drag pop star i've been waiting for :P This album isn't that great but we'll see what comes of him...or her?

Edited by misanthrope

Recently checking Dawn Richard's and Solange's latest albums, they're pretty good. Much more than I expected. Reviews coming soon. :P

Paul-Banks-Banks.jpg

8/10

MUCH better than his solo debut. Can't wait for a new Interpol record though.

That cover. That's my city :eek: how unusual!

I need more info about this album. Name of the artist, for example. :sweat: Please!

Edited by Hugo

misanthrope

That cover. That's my city :eek: how unusual!

I need more info about this album. Name of the artist, for example. :sweat: Please!

Its Paul Banks recent second solo album! Hes the lead singer of the band Interpol ;)

Its Paul Banks recent second solo album! Hes the lead singer of the band Interpol ;)

Thank you! Already googled it and whoa, it seems like he did the whole 'photoshoot' in my city for his album. :sweat:

Music is great too. :)

• Admin changed the title to Rate the last album you listened to