Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rate the last album you listened to

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Warrior - Ke$ha

9/10

Definitely Ke$ha's best album to date, not totally sold on her more rock souning songs like Dirty Love (ft. Iggy Pop) but overall I love the direction of the album and it will be the first album I buy from Ke$ha.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Lion Heart

220px-Rihanna_-_Unapologetic.jpg

Rihanna- Unapologetic

Rating: 7/10

You are not going to find tracks with the caliber of "Umbrella,""We Found Love," or "Only Girl in the World" in this album, but that's not necessarily a terrible thing. With the exception of a couple of tracks such as the ba--l and predictable David Guetta collaboration "Right Now" and the underwhelming Eminem duo in "Numb," the album is alright. Unfortunately, the notorious "Nobodies Business" which features the infernal Chris Brown is arguably one of the album's highlights; when this track is released as a single, I am certain Rihanna and Brown will milk the **** out of it.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Arturo

*2aJOy.jpg

*Madonna - Madonna

*10/10

Madonna's self-titled debut is extremely underrated. Although it is no match for her other 3 80's album, Like a Virgin, True Blue, and Like a Prayer, this album still deserves all the recognition it never has among pop music fans. The first track, Lucky Star is one of the highlights of the record along with others such as Borderline, Burning Up, and Holiday. The only underwhelming track on the album is "I Know It", but it certainly isn't anywhere near being a bad song. It's a great record for all pop music lovers. I urge you all to listen to this short, 8-track LP especially if you love dance music. :)

imogen_heap_-_ellipse.jpg

9/10 - a masterpiece of self-production, songwriting, and essence. Electronic yet organic, Ellipse is one of the greatest electro-classical albums I've ever heard.

3 points in and ready for more

StrawberryBlond

girls-aloud-ten-600x600.jpg

6/10.

I've never been the biggest Girls Aloud fan as I felt the quaity of their singles might never stretch to a full album. While Chemistry and Tangled Up were their best work, I could never go as far as to buy them. They're one of those bands who make singles I like, but wouldn't bother with their albums, so maybe a collection of all their greatest hits up until now would be more up my street. And seeing as it's their tenth anniversary and all, I was feeling weirdly supportive of them after all this time and thought that all their singles put together would make for their best album ever, so I considered buying this.

But what really jumped out at me is how many of their (top ten) singles have been omitted from this collection. Life Got Cold, Wake Me Up, See The Day, Long Hot Summer, Whole Lotta History, I Think We're Alone Now and Walk This Way are not on the standard edition, for some reason. Omitting seven singles from your greatest hits collection would be nothing if you were a veteren band with 30+ years in the business, but not when you've only been around a decade, made five albums and only released 21 singles. Sorry, but with that resumee, you can't afford to omit singles, as every hit is meaningful at this point. This is so frustrating, as almost all of those omitted singles are some of Girls Aloud's best work. Not only this, but they were all top ten hits! Girls Aloud's most amazing acheivement is that they had 20 consecutive top ten singles. 20/21 singles going top ten is massive and that means that all their singles deserve to be there. You could argue that some were omitted because they charted in the lower realms of the top ten or didn't have much longevity after they went top ten. But Untouchable is there and it was their only single that didn't go top ten! It's obviously there because it's a big fan favourite and therefore, sentimental reasons were allowed when deciding this tracklist, so why shouldn't genuine hits be there? Walk This Way went to #1, for God's sake! Considering it was one of only four #1's the girls ever had, it had every right to be there. It's odd how all the singles from their last two albums were included but anything before them wasn't deemed as important. No doubt the reason why only one single from Chemistry made it onto the tracklist was because the record label views that album as a failure, even though the fans don't.

However, the deluxe edition contains a bonus disc where the fans were allowed to vote for their favourite tracks that didn't make it onto the tracklist. They could vote for anything, even B-sides, which I thought really admirable. Luckily, two of the singles that didn't make it onto the original tracklisting got voted in, as well as non-singles and B-side gems like Graffiti My Soul, Wild Horses, Swinging London Town, Hoxton Heroes and Memory Of You, so that was a really nice, creative touch. I'm glad that the fans had some sense when voting and 8 out of 10 fan-voted tracks were from Chemistry and Tangled Up, which, as I stated before, were my favourite albums from them, so that was great.

Had the album included all the tracks, it would have got a higher rating from me, but alas, their first collection, The Sound Of Girls Aloud, released in 2006, was better. Say what you like about it being a really premature release, considering they had only made three albums at the time, but at least the album has all their singles up until that point. There's just no excuse for missed singles at this point as they only had one single flop their entire career (and #11 is in no way a flop anyway). They could have released a two disc greatest hits with 13 songs on disc one (11 past songs and 2 new songs) and 12 songs on disc two (10 past songs and 2 new songs). That would have been awesome. Sorry, girls, but if it's true that you really are calling it a day after this, you should have put all your singles on one collection.

Sorry for the rant, everyone. It just really bugs me when greatest hits collections are handled really badly.

misanthrope

kesha-warriorW.jpg

9/10

Surprisingly I loved Warrior. Ke$ha has only recently become a guilty pleasure of mine and I had already written her off as a has-been but she came back with this great trash pop record. I have to say that for what it is I love it.

Fails: Dirty Love=Kidz Bop trying to sound badass, Wonderland=snoozefest, All That Matters=indistinguishable gay club filler

Standouts: Crazy Kids + Warrior=both top notch Ke$ha brand pop tracks, Love Into The Light + Past Lives=the last 40 or so seconds of both of these tracks slays me, Last Goodbye=my favorite potential single,

Edited by leviticus

Dangerous Man

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 2 OST album

6/10

lol... I only loved 1 song and that's A Thousand Years Pt 2. :flop:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Warrior - Ke$ha

So awesome when I write a whole review and it all got erased, so now for a shorter version! I wasn't as disappointed with the album as I was initially, but there still are no "wow" moments on here. The first half is definitely worse than the second half. Tracks like Warrior, Crazy Kids, and Thinking of You made me think the album would bomb, but was saved by the rock edged second half.

It's a weird album with Ke$ha sounding very generic + her rap/sing/talk one minute and then a talented rock edged artist the next. I just wish she stuck with more of the latter, but unfortunately she sold out a bit for radio with the former.

It's a pretty standard Pop album with not many thrills and will probably be just enough for her to continue her top 10 streak. I personally listen to this album and don't feel it is a standout in the crowded pop world.

6.5/10

Standout tracks: C'mon, Dirty Love, Love Into the Light

Duds: Warrior, Crazy Kids, Thinking of You

*I never rate albums with the bonus tracks. They're called "bonus" for a reason.

Edited by Klou

Warrior - Ke$ha

So awesome when I write a whole review and it all got erased, so now for a shorter version! I wasn't as disappointed with the album as I was initially, but there still are no "wow" moments on here. The first half is definitely worse than the second half. Tracks like Warrior, Crazy Kids, and Thinking of You made me think the album would bomb, but was saved by the rock edged second half.

It's a weird album with Ke$ha sounding very generic + her rap/sing/talk one minute and then a talented rock edged artist the next. I just wish she stuck with more of the latter, but unfortunately she sold out a bit for radio with the former.

It's a pretty standard Pop album with not many thrills and will probably be just enough for her to continue her top 10 streak. I personally listen to this album and don't feel it is a standout in the crowded pop world.

6.5/10

*I never rate albums with the bonus tracks. They're called "bonus" for a reason.

5DP9E.jpg

I haven't listened to the album... nor will I... ever.... like ever... frankly I'd rather have sizzling hot corn oil poured into my ears...

Have a great day. Gawd bless.

zBora.jpg

Lotus - Christina Aguilera

christina-aguilera-lotus-album-cover-400x400.jpg

So I finally took time to listen to the full album as whole. And I gotta say it's pretty good, but not amazing. In first listen, there wasn't a single track I didn't like, but some of the tracks lacked something, some of them were too much, and others were just forgettable. There are some jams, and I know the album will grow on me, but this is my first impression.

7/10

Inside_Out.jpeg

Inside Out by Kat DeLuna

Rating: 9/10

RedOne did an amazing job with this album.:legend: Too bad no one paid attention to this album except Belgium.

Warrior - Ke$ha

6.5/10

Did you listen to the bonus tracks though?

Better than the regular edition tracks TBQH

5DP9E.jpg

I haven't listened to the album... nor will I... ever.... like ever... frankly I'd rather have sizzling hot corn oil poured into my ears...

Have a great day. Gawd bless.

zBora.jpg

cookie-bite-web.jpg

Here you go

• Admin changed the title to Rate the last album you listened to