💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Artist Arena: Absurd

A Hybrid

Featured Posts

A Hybrid

Don’t worry guys, I’ve got the songs saved on my laptop, I’ll post once I return home. Told you guys if you didn’t all submit early I’d have to postpone a few hours :ally:

No family’s safe when I sashay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Hybrid

The songs are here! 

I must say all of you did so much better than I expected you to do, of course none of these songs are specifically about this theme but they fit very well regardless! Let me remind you of a few things:

- You shouldn't give any proportion of your score based on how much you liked the song, it should be mainly theme fitness.

- Although these brief explanations should help people get an overview of other players' interpretations of the theme, you should still probably write a promo post to talk about how your song fits the theme as much as you want to. It'll help the game and the scores to be fair.

- There is (for the first time in Arena history I assume) an artist that doesn't write songs in English in the game. Please read the translation of the song before giving a score, it is available on Genius lyrics.

ALSO ATTENTION: Due to Christmas, the ceremony will take place on Friday, December 27th on 2 PM EST. You have time to vote until 2 hours before that.

The following submissions aren't on Spotify. Listen to them here:

Spoiler

D020-F3-C6-7-EE1-40-AB-9-DA0-6-AAC4-D6-B

1. @Mikolaj - Karma by MARINA

''You haven't been good recently. So good it would be no surprise if Karma hit you faster than the Rah rah bitch hitting the delete button on the original LG5. And when your beloved granny added you on Instagram where she posts gingerbread photos found on Google Graphics and tags you in embarrassing childhood photos, you knew your Karma has arrived and now the only way is downhill''

2. @DiamondKing - breathin by Ariana Grande

‘’Don't throw your phone out of the window, don't change your name, don't leave the country... she's your grandma after all... just keep breathin and breathin and breathin...’’

3. @Animal Claws - Leave Me Alone by Michael Jackson

‘’The song tells you about being bothered by the presence and comments of people about you that don't let you have a normal life. The song tells you about being bothered by the presence and comments of your grandma about you that don't let you have a normal life‘’

4. @Marges – I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift

''It‘s about regreting that you accepted ha on instagram since imo everyone can relate how embarrassing it can be when family members comment on your photos''

5. @dllcll – Good Years by ZAYN

''I’d rather be anywhere, anywhere but here. That’s how the song starts and it perfectly explains how I would feel in this situation.''

6. @Mirages - Didn’t Mean To Turn You On by Mariah Carey

''I mean why else would your grandma comment on your bathing suit photo if it didn't turn her on?''

7. @Jose P - I’m So Stupid by Madonna

‘’If this happened to me I’d feel stupid because I’m not used to posting this type of pics. Now that my grandma has seen it I feel mortified and regret having done this in the first place. I just wanted to be like the pretty people and have pretty pictures, like the song says, but now I’m just embarrassed’’

8. @Davian - Mercy On Me by Christina Aguilera

‘’Having your grandma comment on your shirtless Instagram post would be one of the most awkward situations for. The only thing that would play in my head is a little prayer. Looorrd, haaaveeee, mercyyyy ooooooon my souuulllll’’

9. @Nuggets - Unconditionally by Katy Perry

‘’I'll go with Unconditionally because even though i'm ugly as heck, i know she will always love me unconditionally no matter what and will write only good stuff about me’’

10. @Florian - Proud by Todrick Hall

My grandma liking my speedo thirst-traps would just remind me I need some Jesus in my life just like she used to told me. The voice in my head would keep singing about my grandma and wishing she was "proud of me". And finally I would thank her for her unconditional love, because "People like to let you know just how different they thought you were. They called me 'weird', 'punk', '*******', 'sissy'. But my mama just called me 'special'" And to all the contestant who still have the chance to have grandmas, remember to cherish them as much as you can. Especially in this period of xmas where you get time to spent some with them. (I only allowed this long because I had no chance to oppose -AH) 

11. @Ryusei - Gramma by Lana Del Rey

‘’When I think about how I would react to this situation, I would think about my Grandma because I see her comment. And that thought brings up the word "grandma" or "gramma" which I associate with this song. So this song literally plays in my head when I think about my own grandma or whenever I hear the word.’’

12. @Bloody Grammys - Ribs by Lorde

“All your friends are laughing in a bar at your grandma's comment.

But you aren't. You are spacing out. Thinking about how time has passed, about all the memories you have created when you were only having fun. Your grandma is right, you have grown a lot.“

13. @Sechito - Dead To Me by Melanie Martinez

‘’If my grandma commented on a swimsuit post, knowing I wanted to show off my body, I'd be embarrassed. This results in my grandma being 'Dead To Me' because of commenting.  The lyrics in the song apply too because they have the theme of being dead to me and wanting to kill them, also, she's old, she's gonna die soon.’’

14. @Varys - Rock That Body by The Black Eyed Peas

‘’My song choice is Rock that body. Thats also the very thing she posted on my instagram pic.’’

15. @loathereality - Lest We Forget (blood) by Esperanza Spalding

‘’Well in a moment of shame i feel the blood moving all through my system, and this song is pretty much about that. Also the title is mood!’’

16. @SamanthaC - As Long As You Love Me by Backstreet Boys

''This song is about unconditional love and who doesn’t love you more unconditionally than your grandma? Especially when you may have unflattering pictures of yourself in a swimsuit on Instagram.''

17. @HighRoad - Dinosaur by Kesha

‘’I chose this song because it sums up the theme pretty well, old people being creepy. Minus the old man part, it fits the theme grand I think.’’

18. @Talenti - Sally I Can See You by Kimbra

‘’The lyrics mention Kimbra how she is changing physically and emotionally, which remind me of those introspective Instagram posts people write. The lyrics also sounds like a grandma is commenting on her granddaughters page talking about how she’s grown/changed.’’

19. @Gimme More - I'm A Slave 4 U by Britney Spears

''Grandma needs to understand I may be young but I need to do what I feel like doing. I’m a Slave 4 for the hotties on Instagram  Grandma needs to embrace the new me.''

20. @Musicisfreedom - Miss Subway Of 1952 by Cher

‘’Even though it is a different take than I think most would instantly assume, how embarrassed would you be if your grandma was a fabulous diva back in the day? Maybe her comments could even be flattering to you.’’

21. @Ally Campana - Castle by Halsey

‘’Well I hate people sneaking their snide comments especially a family member so this is my message to them. ‘Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise
Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised‘’’

22. @Antonio - Did It Again by Kylie Minogue

*Grandma_4352 commented on your post: ...*

"You did it again", grandma. Asking you to stop has no use anymore, your inner urge to embarrass your grandson in front of his 241 followers is evergrowing, and you must be stopped before you take over the entire galaxy. "Won't you listen to me when I'm telling you it's no good for you?" You never listen, you never care about anyone but yourself, and so I must take this business into my own hands. I'm sorry, but it's the only choice I have left.

23. @BLACKPINK - Goodbye by 2NE1

‘’The lyrics of the songs are about memories and betrayal. Like how the ****ing grandma comments on the post, it's like a betrayal which soon leads to the Thanksgiving table.’’

Short List:

Spoiler

Mikolaj - Karma by MARINA

DiamondKing - breathin by Ariana Grande

Animal Claws - Leave Me Alone by Michael Jackson

Marges - I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift

dllcll - Good Years - ZAYN

Mirages - Didn’t Mean To Turn You On by Mariah Carey

Jose P - I’m So Stupid by Madonna

Davian - Mercy On Me by Christina Aguilera

Nuggets - Unconditionally by Katy Perry

Florian - Proud by Todrick Hall

Ryusei - Gramma by Lana Del Rey

Bloody Grammys - Ribs by Lorde

Sechito - Dead To Me by Melanie Martinez

Varys - Rock That Body by The Black Eyed Peas

loathereality - Lest We Forget by Esperanza Spalding

SamanthaC - As Long As You Love Me by Backstreet Boys

HighRoad - Dinosaur by Kesha

Talenti - Sally I Can See You by Kimbra

Gimme More - I’m A Slave 4 U by Britney Spears

Musicisfreedom - Miss Subway Of 1952 by Cher

Ally Campana - Castle by Halsey

Antonio - Did It Again by Kylie Minogue

BLACKPINK - Goodbye by 2NE1

Spotify Playlist:

Ryusei

Round 1 Promo - Gramma by Lana Del Rey

My explanation is already there so here's some fun trivia: 

This song is from Lana's first ever album which was only on iTunes for about 3 months in 2010 when barely anyone knew her. They pulled it off iTunes after that period. A shame really because it's a good album :diane: that fact also means this isn't an unreleased song just a more little known song due to the album's rarity. 

’When I think about how I would react to this situation, I would think about my Grandma because I see her comment. And that thought brings up the word "grandma" or "gramma" which I associate with this song. So this song literally plays in my head when I think about my own grandma or whenever I hear the word.’’ it's pretty self-explanatory. 

Musery

Jose P

The verses fit in perfectly for this type of situation and I would think if this happened to me.

Cause I used to live
In a fuzzy dream
And I wanted to be
Like all the pretty people

I'm so stupid
'Cause I used to live
In a fuzzy dream
And I used to believe
In the pretty pictures
That were all around me
But now I know for sure
That I was stupid

I feel stupid for deciding to post a shirtless pic on insta when it’s not even my thing anyways. And now my grandma commented on it? I feel extremely embarrassed and stupid. I just wanted to be like the pretty insta people :selena:

Further emphasizing on  my emotions in this situation:

Stupider than stupid
Stupider than stupid
Stupider than stupid

Many lines don’t fit in entirely in this context, but most do, especially the verses and the constant repetition of the line “I’m so stupid”.

Animal Claws

Round 1 Promo - Leave Me Alone by Michael Jackson

You post a picture on Instagram, everything is going well until you see your grandma just commented ... How would you feel?  I would be embarrassed to know that my friends would mock me in such a situation like this :selena:

She needs to leave me alone and let me have a normal life like the other people on Instagram! :ladyhaha:

So just leave me alone
Leave me alone
(Leave me alone)
(Leave me alone)
Leave me alone
(Leave me alone)
(Leave me alone)
(Leave me alone)
Leave me alone-stop it!
Just stop doggin' me around
(Just stop doggin' me)

@DiamondKing @Davian @Mirages @Marges @SamanthaC @Varys @Gimme More @Ryusei @Mikolaj @Ally Campana @BLACKPINK @loathereality @Talenti @Musicisfreedom @HighRoad @Sechito @Bloody Grammys @Jose P @Florian @Nuggets @dllcll

gagaxsebert

Round 1 Promo - Dino$aur

giphy.gif

“D-I-N-O-S-A, -U-R a dinosaur” That’s right ladies Kesha is letting Grandma know how she’s being an old creep stalking your insta pics. Embodies the very “different” theme and I can’t see why you wouldn’t give this a 10.

@Mikolaj @DiamondKing @Animal Claws @Marges @dllcll @Mirages @Jose P @Davian @Nuggets @Florian @Ryusei @Bloody Grammys @Sechito @Varys @Juanlittlem @loathereality @SamanthaC @Talenti @Gimme More @Musicisfreedom@Ally Campana @Antonio @BLACKPINK 

Used to be HighRoad

bloody g

I totally forgot!! I'll send it right now :selena:

edit: done :lolly:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Round 1 Promo - Good Years by Zayn

Well, in my mini explanation I was talking about the opening lines of the song, but the bridge also suits the theme:

Need a chance just to breathe, feel alive
And when the day meets the night, show me the light
Feel the wind and the fire hold the pain deep inside
It's in my eyes
In my eyes

:vegas: And a special reenact of the events: 

DqDQtdQXQAMr1CL.jpg

(the ig post)

Later that day Zayn is casually checking his ig...4A7862D500000578-5535807-image-m-18_1521

When suddenly he sees the reply...

4A7862DA00000578-5535807-image-m-20_1521

4A78609D00000578-5535807-image-a-40_1521

I’d rather be anywhere, anywhere but here”

And scene! :legend:

Spoiler

III

Gimme More

Round 1 - Britney Spears - I'm A Slave 4 U 

giphy.gif

Grandma needs to realise, i'm no longer that innocent child she once knew, it is time for me to embrace myself. She needs to stop thinking of me as I used to be :selena: I'm ready to express my sexual/sensual side.

I'm on insta to Get it get it, get it get it (oh) Get it get it, get it get it (oh) 

source.gif

'All you people look at me like I'm a little girl
Well did you ever think it'd be ok for me to step into this world' 

It's time for me step into this world of adulthood, embracing my hot body :poot: I won't deny it, I'm not trying to hide it 

giphy.gif

i'm not ashamed of showing my body 

tumblr_n3zom2FBqf1tt9qkjo1_500.gif

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Red Velvet

Round 1 - Goodbye - 2NE1

December 24, 2019

Don’t go
Don’t say you'll leave me here
Don’t leave me in this memory

CL is literally getting crazy and now she's begging that this sh*t ain't real. 

Even if things get rough, it will be okay
Come find me when you need someone to lean on

But even she is scared of my grandmother, she is still her grandmother and will love her.

Goodbye goodbye
Until that day we meet again
Goodbye goodbye

And now she wants to disappear because of this embarassment.

Her reaction:

happy bye bye GIF

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

ROUND 1 PROMO - DEAD TO ME - MELANIE MARTINEZ

So, grandma's commented on your pic. You want to look cool and she's made a fool of you. 

"I need to kill you

That's the only way to get you out of my head

Oh, I need to kill you"

The rational answer, of course, is death! She's old anyway it's not like she matters to you!

"To silence all the sweet little things you said

I really want to kill you

Wipe you off the face of my earth

And bury your bracelet

Bury your bracelet

Six feet under the dirt"

EXTRA:

HER REACTION TO THE COMMENT:

k-12 teaser GIF by Melanie Martinez

Antonio

Why is everyone doing promo

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, Antonio said:

Why is everyone doing promo

It’s kind of a traditional that that’s carried over from Album Arena. Debatable if it actually helps your scores though. It’s just kind of a fun thing. 

she/her/hers

A Hybrid

@Mikolaj @DiamondKing @Animal Claws @Marges @dllcll @Mirages @Jose P @Davian @Nuggets @Florian @Ryusei @Sechito @Varys @loathereality @SamanthaC @HighRoad @Talenti @Gimme More @Musicisfreedom @Ally Campana @Antonio @BLACKPINK

Attention everyone! The missing song is here :enigma:

@Bloody Grammys - Ribs by Lorde

“All your friends are laughing in a bar at your grandma's comment.

But you aren't. You are spacing out. Thinking about how time has passed, about all the memories you have created when you were only having fun. Your grandma is right, you have grown a lot.“

Short list updated in the song reveal post

A Hybrid

also while you have until Friday to vote, you can totally discuss the submissions here in the thread :huntyga:

Archived