Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Stephen King Says Horror Is Considered A Ghetto Genre

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, weed said:

isn't the location (aka 'a ghetto')  the actual meaning of ghetto? or what do you mean?

"A ghetto, often the ghetto, is a part of a city in which members of a minority group live, typically as a result of social, legal, or economic pressure. Ghettos are often known for being more impoverished than other areas of the city."

He's not saying that Horror films are worse than other films, or that they're lacking in someway, just that people in the film academy overlook it & force it into a separate box. 

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nenhures said:

I mean I know what he's trying to say but I'm sure that, as a writer, he should've known to word it better.

no actually it’s the perfect word. Ghetto also means “restricted or segregated”. 

Furthermore, it was historically used to describe Jewish neighbourhoods...so idk why black twitters all up in arms 

Nikolai Barrow
4 minutes ago, mxnster said:

i was about to comment isnt he dead because i thought this was about that dead scientist named stephen lmao

Stephen Hawking 

zakariah

to me, he’s simply using a word that most academy members & awards voters would most probably would use to describe horror/superhero films

so, he’s just stating straight facts

if the academy weren’t so biased against genre films, Lupita Nyong’o would be the frontrunner in next year’s Oscar race right now :madge:

Serial Chiller
40 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Imma seriously start throwing hands if they try to cancel him :madge:

1 hour ago, Doot said:

Lol give it a good try Twitter. 

Y'all will never be able to cancel Stephen King. 

Litrally since when has Twitter outrage managed to cancel any celebrity lol. 

LilyLark
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

"A ghetto, often the ghetto, is a part of a city in which members of a minority group live, typically as a result of social, legal, or economic pressure. Ghettos are often known for being more impoverished than other areas of the city."

He's not saying that Horror films are worse than other films, or that they're lacking in someway, just that people in the film academy overlook it & force it into a separate box. 

Eh, it's original meaning was basically an "isolated/restricted area" and then it started being used sometimes as a term to refer to minority groups. So yeah, as you said "separate box" is the original meaning more or less and it's still used that way in some cases.

He should have known better than to use it that way because of how words can be misconstrued, but twitter also needs to put down their pitchforks and think about context.  It is interesting, tho, how quickly things can change—ten  years ago, no one blinked an eye at the word "ghetto" unless it was directed towards POC in a racist context. Now, people don't even think about the context.

Gov Hooka

More importantly, why do artists crave validation for their work in the form of these stupid awards ceremonies?

ltlmnstr
8 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

More importantly, why do artists crave validation for their work in the form of these stupid awards ceremonies?

Halsey speech at the AMAs tea

ltlmnstr
1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

no actually it’s the perfect word. Ghetto also means “restricted or segregated”. 

Furthermore, it was historically used to describe Jewish neighbourhoods...so idk why black twitters all up in arms 

You do realize Jews were in Ghettos outside of Rome for not being Christian and therefore treated as second class 

You have to be tone deaf to not realize this after using the word "segregated"

People still view ghettos as a place where second class poor people live which is stereotyped hugely as Black communities. 

FameHookah
2 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Its symbolic, idk ask gaga and her 8188391 crying speeches, after ARTPOP she pandered HARD to these type of events.

I think it solidifies your legacy and work.

WTF is MDNA

He obviously did not mean it the wrong way and we all know it, but Instead of informing him, they will attack and accuse him of being a racist. 

Chromaticunt
10 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

He obviously did not mean it the wrong way and we all know it, but Instead of informing him, they will attack and accuse him of being a racist. 

s reactions gaga GIF

Archived