đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

BLACKPINK fans make demands at label HQ

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Serial Chiller
5 minutes ago, Mylene said:

In 4 years of being active blackpink only has 13 songs ...

2016 : 4 songs

2017 : 1 song

2018 : 4 songs

2019 : 4 songs 

that's it the fans want more music and the members of the group want that too 

I mean you can't really compare the K-pop standards with other music. 1 song is a huge campaign. That's why I rarely ever hear about full 10+s ong album projects from these groups. It's all singles and 'mini-albums'. Each is meticulously crafted for commercial appeal and maximize success - The choreo, the videos, the performances, etc.  Results speak for themselves, so yeah, number of songs really don't matter here when people are still playing that d-duh song and Kill this love. 

PoshLife
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

What is a “comeback” because I’m confused. Is it not a full project?

And I assumed they were trying to get them at more American awards shows because of the Grammy and MTV Moon Man are on the signs.  :poot:

A "comeback" is just what they call any new release (except your first release, which is your "debut"). It's not like in America where you have a lead single, a second single, an album, more singles from the album later, a big tour... in KPop the promotional period for an entire album could just be a month of promoting the title track and then that's it. They also often release a single that's not attached to anything larger (like a full album) later, it's just the single by itself and that's it.

So while it would be ridiculous for fans of an English artist to demand two albums in a year, it's very common for a KPop group to have two comebacks in one year - cuz that could be as little as just two songs (singles).

I hope that explanation makes sense... I found it SO weird when I first got into kpop. Like, how could you release an entire album worth of songs and barely promote it?? lol

2 hours ago, PoshLife said:

ohhhh my god this is iconic :toofunny: 

2 projects a year isn't unrealistic by kpop standards... it's not like American artists where they promote one album era for like two years. They could release an EP in February and an album in November. I stan some groups with WAY less resources than BLACKPINK/YG and they put out two releases in 2019.

But keep in mind YG is... going through some things right now legally. It's no surprise their groups aren't having a lot of comebacks lately.

And I don't think award show attendance is that heavy a lift, either, for a group backed by YG. One of the big three companies can probably just wave their hand and have all their groups at MAMA or whatever.

So true! actually I think fans would be happy even with just one proper album per year with some mvs and award show appearences, they literally are hardly doing anything cuz of YG ugh

LateToCult
35 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

A "comeback" is just what they call any new release (except your first release, which is your "debut"). It's not like in America where you have a lead single, a second single, an album, more singles from the album later, a big tour... in KPop the promotional period for an entire album could just be a month of promoting the title track and then that's it. They also often release a single that's not attached to anything larger (like a full album) later, it's just the single by itself and that's it.

So while it would be ridiculous for fans of an English artist to demand two albums in a year, it's very common for a KPop group to have two comebacks in one year - cuz that could be as little as just two songs (singles).

I hope that explanation makes sense... I found it SO weird when I first got into kpop. Like, how could you release an entire album worth of songs and barely promote it?? lol

I’m new to the whole kpop release schedule, but isn’t the “comeback” format what’s making BP only release small projects to begin with? Wouldn’t it be better for fans to ask for a more western format instead of more of the same? If the girls want to release more music then I think doing full albums would satisfy that creative desire. This “comeback” style sounds like it’ll either work them to the bone or leave them feeling like they can’t fully explore their creativity (which seems to be happening now).

14 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I’m new to the whole kpop release schedule, but isn’t the “comeback” format what’s making BP only release small projects to begin with? Wouldn’t it be better for fans to ask for a more western format instead of more of the same? If the girls want to release more music then I think doing full albums would satisfy that creative desire. This “comeback” style sounds like it’ll either work them to the bone or leave them feeling like they can’t fully explore their creativity (which seems to be happening now).

Not really. Red Velvet released a japanese EP at the beginning of the year while they were touring, so they didn’t promote it at all. Then, they started teasing their ReVe Festival project and have released 2 mini albums since then with entirely different concepts, and now the girls are dropping a repackaged album to end the project incluiding 4 new songs, so it’s basically their 3rd album. 

But of course I’m concerned for their mental health :messga: They did a lot this year. At least they seem happy. I’m actually pretty worried for some member from NCT, a boygroup from the same agency, because 4 of them have been everywhere this year.

It would be great to get a full album from BP considering the lack of promotions they get. They’ve become models at this point. That system would work better form them I guess. Idk about their creativity tho their concepts aren’t that different. 

The night sky tells all

People should just stop focusing on blackpink. Blackpink has been on decline - music, creativity, etc. Hope they disband soon so that they can get freedom to do whatever they want. 

GagaStefi

this reminds me of Little Mix’s situation 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

LateToCult
28 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

Not really. Red Velvet released a japanese EP at the beginning of the year while they were touring, so they didn’t promote it at all. Then, they started teasing their ReVe Festival project and have released 2 mini albums since then with entirely different concepts, and now the girls are dropping a repackaged album to end the project incluiding 4 new songs, so it’s basically their 3rd album. 

But of course I’m concerned for their mental health :messga: They did a lot this year. At least they seem happy. I’m actually pretty worried for some member from NCT, a boygroup from the same agency, because 4 of them have been everywhere this year.

It would be great to get a full album from BP considering the lack of promotions they get. They’ve become models at this point. That system would work better form them I guess. Idk about their creativity tho their concepts aren’t that different. 

That sounds like such a tiring schedule, for RV though. 

26 minutes ago, Star said:

People should just stop focusing on blackpink. Blackpink has been on decline - music, creativity, etc. Hope they disband soon so that they can get freedom to do whatever they want. 

I don’t think that should happen right now unless the girls want to disband. Blackpink is the only female kpop group that western countries are even remotely interested in. If it’s not them, then I don’t think any girl group will be able to break into the US or any other w country like BTS has.

8 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

That sounds like such a tiring schedule, for RV though. 

I don’t think that should happen right now unless the girls want to disband. Blackpink is the only female kpop group that western countries are even remotely interested in. If it’s not them, then I don’t think any girl group will be able to break into the US like BTS has.

And it is :messga: Idk which year was worse for them, 2017 was pretty heavy and looked tired af, Yeri was really depressed at the time, she didn’t recover till late 2018, and that year wasn’t better considering that their summer promotion lasted months. They seemed to be fine this year. Their promotions for each song lasted like 2 or 3 weeks and then a couple fanmeetings and festivals. I’m glad they didn’t as much promo as any other kpop group. I don’t think their next song will be heavily promoted considering the release date, they are probably getting a break to start touring right after, I don’t see a comeback happening in the next 5 months.

The night sky tells all

sillynate
3 hours ago, Mylene said:

Interscope is totally useless (how surprising) and it's only a distribution deal...

Off to UMG hq we go! 

12 hours ago, LateToCult said:

I don’t think that should happen right now unless the girls want to disband. Blackpink is the only female kpop group that western countries are even remotely interested in. If it’s not them, then I don’t think any girl group will be able to break into the US or any other w country like BTS has.

Eh idk about that.  Loona just became the first kpop girl group to have a #1 album and #1 single on the US itunes chart.  They're the second girl group in general to do this after Destiny's Child, and second kpop group after BTS.   And when they went to LA's kcon this year, tons of people were calling it "Loonacon" instead because the attendees were most hype for them (even a couple staff members joined in lmao).

Archived