💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Your thoughts on Death Note

StuckInMyMind

Featured Posts

StuckInMyMind

The movie not the anime. I honestly would dub it one of my favourite movies now having seen it enough times, what are your thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagaschickens

oh i hate anime

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

Economy

My mentally ill mind thought this was gonna be a thread about what you think about leaving notes if you decide to commit suicide :madge:

Glad that's not the case but I know nothing about anime :selena:

Pop Music

I knew a kid in middle school who had a notebook with the words death note on it and he would write down peoples names from our school in it in hopes they would die. I stayed as far away as possible from that person :deadbanana:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Bad adaptation. 

Honestly it would have worked better, if tweaked a little, as an entry in the Final Destination series. 

Everything good about Death Note was lost in the adaptation. 

Honestly, if you look at it like an entirely new story, it works. 

However, it's not. 

They just slaughtered Misa's characterization. Also L was literally white in all senses. 

12 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

oh i hate anime

Please don't be that person who comes into threads to say they hate something. Especially if you're not going to explain why. You're wasting your own time and everyone else's who comes into the thread. Your message is short enough to read while skimming. 

sampool

Final destination 2.0, trash. They could've slapped another title on it since it doesn't resemble the anime atmosphere or suspense, cheap cash grab. 

gagaschickens
4 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Please don't be that person who comes into threads to say they hate something. Especially if you're not going to explain why. You're wasting your own time and everyone else's who comes into the thread. Your message is short enough to read while skimming. 

and please oh please, keep calm. there is absolutely no need for you to read my message, and even respond to it.  i do not like being "that" person to hate everything,  i just don't happen to like anime. the comment was made specifically because anime is the first thing to pop up in my mind upon hearing "death note". its just an opinion, and absolutely not to judge anyone who enjoys it.

StuckInMyMind
5 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Bad adaptation. 

Honestly it would have worked better, if tweaked a little, as an entry in the Final Destination series. 

However, it's not. 

They just slaughtered Misa's characterization. Also L was literally white in all senses. 

1 minute ago, sampool said:

Final destination 2.0, trash. They could've slapped another title on it since it doesn't resemble the anime atmosphere or suspense, cheap cash grab. 

I won’t deny I haven’t seen the anime version so based off seeing just the movie adaptation, I do really like it, maybe I’ll like the anime more but I’m not much of an anime fan as much as I am a thriller/horror fan. I like twisted storylines that f*ck with your head and get me thinking. Death Note movie gets me thinking and I like that (don’t worry I’m not about to start killing people) I just find it interesting seeing people’s state of mind 

StuckInMyMind
1 minute ago, gagaschickens said:

and please oh please, keep calm. there is absolutely no need for you to read my message, and even respond to it.  i do not like being "that" person to hate everything,  i just don't happen to like anime. the comment was made specifically because anime is the first thing to pop up in my mind upon hearing "death note". its just an opinion, and absolutely not to judge anyone who enjoys it.

Pay no mind, people will disagree with you and that’s okay, I respect your opinions on topics and if you don’t like anime then that’s fine, as stated in my previous post I’m not much of an anime fan myself but I’m open to it

sampool
4 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Bad adaptation. 

However, it's not. 

It has less to do with his race than his character, L was a very enigmatic, he was reclusive and protective of his identity, smart, grounded and monotoned. They turned him into a generic detective. 

gagaschickens
4 minutes ago, HotWasabi said:

Pay no mind, people will disagree with you and that’s okay, I respect your opinions on topics and if you don’t like anime then that’s fine, as stated in my previous post I’m not much of an anime fan myself but I’m open to it

i dislike anime a lot, but i love doing the naruto run during gym class, guess that makes me less of a hater

sampool
3 minutes ago, HotWasabi said:

I won’t deny I haven’t seen the anime version so based off seeing just the movie adaptation, I do really like it, maybe I’ll like the anime more but I’m not much of an anime fan as much as I am a thriller/horror fan. I like twisted storylines that f*ck with your head and get me thinking. Death Note movie gets me thinking and I like that (don’t worry I’m not about to start killing people) I just find it interesting seeing people’s state of mind 

The anime in a nutshell. You gotta watch the anime, very suspenseful, thrilling and mad characters development. 

1 minute ago, HotWasabi said:

The anime is better in that regard. It's entirely psychological. Plus how the relationships work out is very different but much more enticing. 

Light thinks about having to kill his entire family at one point. Misa has her own shinigami and Death Note. Plus her entire relationship with Light is submissive. Misa and Mia are different as the sun and moon. Light works with the investigation at some point. L is shown as being complementary to Kira. He will do the things that are needed of him. But in far more intelligent moves. 

2 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

i dislike anime a lot, but i love doing the naruto run during gym class, guess that makes me less of a hater

Just asking, what is it about anime you hate? 

Just asking because there's like so much.

Archived