💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Sexxx Dreams bop or flop

letsgetdirrty

Featured Posts

Chromaticunt

Hate to be that person but the SwineFest version was better. The chorus should've been left alone so you hear the synths. Still a great song but it could've been better. I always prefer to listen to this version:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HotLikeMexico

Bop BUT I prefer the demo over the album version.  

the live version sounded like an 80s rock song. It sounded so dirty and raw which added to the sexiness of the track. I like the album track but Im not gonna lie and tell you I was a little disappointed with the final version after hearing the swinefest version.

that said the Coachella version of SexxxDreams is the version we deserve. 

Emigrante
On 12/15/2019 at 7:26 AM, nenhures said:

Also it kinda reminds me of an Elton John song like Bennie and the Jets, especially the performance she did at Jimmy Fallon. Sooo good.

It’s about sexxx dreams not ARTPOP 😃

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

nenhures
1 hour ago, Emigrante said:

It’s about sexxx dreams not ARTPOP 😃

Idk why I got it mixed up in my second comment, I think my brain just gave up trying :ladyhaha: Well, both are bops anyway :vegas:

JustJames

Definitely one of the bigger casualties of ARTPOP's failure to deliver on its original vision and become a permanent part of Gaga's discography. 

Had it been released as a single within the parameters of the ARTPOP era we received, it would have flopped hard. It needed everything that was never delivered in order for the title, theme, and lyrics to be taken as anyting other than vulgar. But, in an ideal world, where the following was communicated properly and articulately, and where the album was released with visual representations of each song (whether in traditional MV form or via the app), it should have been able to smash as a single. 

--

Promo Single: Aura (the girl behind the excess) | Single #1: Applause (the star who can't let go of the rush of fans' love)

[APP PROMO TRACKS] Venus (the girl who throws herself into love full-steam) | G.U.Y. (the star who can't show any vulnerability at all) 

Single #3: MANiCURE (the girl who thinks love will heal her pain) | Single #4: DWUW (the star that is jaded and broken by being used by the industry, lovers, fans)

Promo Single: ARTPOP (the idea that both the girl and the star - and their addictions, behavior, and humanity - can merge/belong together) 

Single #4: Sexxx Dreams (the girl addicted to affection as the reality of love sets in) | Single #5: Gypsy (the star addicted to believing her story can end well *this time*)

^^ a reversal in the way that the girl/star thinks, but resolving/merging the two in realizing that both have addictions.

--

2 key themes of ARTPOP were 1) its sonic explosion of the adrenaline that comes from indulging (and sometimes overindulging) in pleasure to mask pain, and 2) the corruption of art and pleasure for profit - and, on the flip side, the ability of humans to reclaim that extortion by democratizing art.

- The title alludes to the adult entertainment industry which is used by many to escape into fantasy away from the difficulties of real-life relationships, can and has degraded the thrill/rush of true sexual pleasure when one becomes addicted to it, and is certainly an example of how money corrupts the most beautiful, innate human behaviors (in the way the pop industry can and has corrupted the beauty of art within music). 

- The theme of escaping a lovers' quarrel by fantasizing of sex with another, and the internal battle that occurs from having to balance the temptation and/or regret, is expressed in the back-and-forth lyrical content. 

Without some kind of communication of these, the 'Sexxx' in 'Sexxx Dreams' and verses just seem like "another Gaga gimmick."

letsgetdirrty
8 hours ago, JustJames said:

Definitely one of the bigger casualties of ARTPOP's failure to deliver on its original vision and become a permanent part of Gaga's discography. 

Had it been released as a single within the parameters of the ARTPOP era we received, it would have flopped hard. It needed everything that was never delivered in order for the title, theme, and lyrics to be taken as anyting other than vulgar. But, in an ideal world, where the following was communicated properly and articulately, and where the album was released with visual representations of each song (whether in traditional MV form or via the app), it should have been able to smash as a single. 

--

Promo Single: Aura (the girl behind the excess) | Single #1: Applause (the star who can't let go of the rush of fans' love)

[APP PROMO TRACKS] Venus (the girl who throws herself into love full-steam) | G.U.Y. (the star who can't show any vulnerability at all) 

Single #3: MANiCURE (the girl who thinks love will heal her pain) | Single #4: DWUW (the star that is jaded and broken by being used by the industry, lovers, fans)

Promo Single: ARTPOP (the idea that both the girl and the star - and their addictions, behavior, and humanity - can merge/belong together) 

Single #4: Sexxx Dreams (the girl addicted to affection as the reality of love sets in) | Single #5: Gypsy (the star addicted to believing her story can end well *this time*)

^^ a reversal in the way that the girl/star thinks, but resolving/merging the two in realizing that both have addictions.

--

2 key themes of ARTPOP were 1) its sonic explosion of the adrenaline that comes from indulging (and sometimes overindulging) in pleasure to mask pain, and 2) the corruption of art and pleasure for profit - and, on the flip side, the ability of humans to reclaim that extortion by democratizing art.

- The title alludes to the adult entertainment industry which is used by many to escape into fantasy away from the difficulties of real-life relationships, can and has degraded the thrill/rush of true sexual pleasure when one becomes addicted to it, and is certainly an example of how money corrupts the most beautiful, innate human behaviors (in the way the pop industry can and has corrupted the beauty of art within music). 

- The theme of escaping a lovers' quarrel by fantasizing of sex with another, and the internal battle that occurs from having to balance the temptation and/or regret, is expressed in the back-and-forth lyrical content. 

Without some kind of communication of these, the 'Sexxx' in 'Sexxx Dreams' and verses just seem like "another Gaga gimmick."

That’s genius honey! Can you become Gaga’s manager already?

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

On 12/15/2019 at 7:42 AM, dancewithnobody said:

The song is amazing, but it would've flopped as a single. Despite the perfect music production, the lyrics are too controversial :emma:

During the time Rihanna, Miley, Nicki, trap was owning the radio? It would have saved us the dreaded R Kelly drama too.

BYE

On 12/15/2019 at 12:23 AM, AJRocketMan said:

It's a total banger. I love it. What I especially love about it is that unlike most songs on ARTPOP it isn't too fast (114 BPM). In an era where most EDM songs were 125+ BPM and still are, Sexxx Dreams is refreshing in comparison. And it has more of a black flair to it. It's so groovy and fun. The demo is too chill and dreamy for such a funky song. The vibe was definitely different and it changed for the better.

Yup, the song is VERY Janet Jackson/Prince/MJ. For that alone, it is a bop.

i only wish the mixing were slightly different so the vocals were somewhere between the preview before swine fest and the final version. I really liked how hazy and obscured they were and I think it added such a mystique to the song, but obviously they need to be comprehensible so making it slightly less muddled.

Archived