Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The "i don't remember ARTPOP" Tweet Might have had a Very Deep Meaning

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

NOTE: I am in no way trying to drag Lady Gaga in anyway in this thread, this is just an observation that I made.

To begin, here is a quote from Frieze.:

"In an 11 November 2019 tweet, Lady Gaga wrote: ‘I don’t remember ARTPOP’. The admission went viral as I was writing this article, with fans responding to how well they remembered the album, with love and admiration for its strange effervesence. The tweet reminded me, of course, of David Bowie’s admission that he couldn’t recall recording Station to Station (1976), the album that accompanied the brief transit of his cocaine-addicted, crypto-fascist persona ‘The Thin White Duke’."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/frieze.com/article/was-lady-gagas-ARTPOP-better-you-remember%3famp

From Spin.com in a top ten list, it is revealed that David Bowie did not remember writing his album Station to Station as he unfortunately did a lot of drugs at the time of its recording. Also unfortunate was that Lady Gaga was in a consistently high mental state as she was also doing many drugs at the time. Basically put, I believe that Lady Gaga was trying to say with the "i don't remember ARTPOP" tweet that she could not remember making the album because of the drugs that she was taking.

I am so thankful that she is in such a better mental state now in her life.

he/him/his

Modern Ecstasy2

The possibility that she was being serious and trying to communicate to fans that there are large chunks of that era she doesn’t remember because she was in a lot of mental/emotional pain, while people laughed and dragged her just because they love the album makes me really sad.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Helxig

Omg she was just making fun of Twitter trolls saying she doesn't remember ARTPOP because she rarely performs the songs. That's literally it.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Well we all know the state she was in during the end of the BTWB and the  blackout before ARTPOP so this makes sense tbh. Let's be honest though let's not pretend Gaga isn't a troll lol. 

Chromaticunt
19 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

The possibility that she was being serious and trying to communicate to fans that there are large chunks of that era she doesn’t remember because she was in a lot of mental/emotional pain, while people laughed and dragged her just because they love the album makes me really sad.

Well tbh if that's what she was trying to communicate, she should've just said it plainly rather than leaving it open to interpretation. I fully believe she intended it the way the OP described, but I also believe she kept it vague because she knew it'd go sorta viral. Which it did.

Chromaticunt
13 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Y'all she wasn't on a lot of drugs during the ARTPOP era, her peak drug use was TF-early BTW :saladga:

She was smoking weed constantly to  numb her physical and emotional pain. I also think she probably doesn't remember the ARTPOP era because it was such a professional nadir for her in terms of critical response and behind-the-scenes drama. Anyone would want to block that from their memory. 

FATCAT

I mean it's possible she was on a lot of pain meds after her hip surgery, but I don't know if she's allude to that in a random tweet.. I think we're reading way more into this than it merits haha

Purr more, hiss less.

1 hour ago, Gaga Lazuli said:

We-

so that means that lg6 is the real lg5!!! RedOne’s bops incoming :giveup:

:laughga:

Nikolai Barrow

I actually think she was just trolling nothing more. Sure she was on a lot of drugs at the time . . . But she really stood by the album at the time. I really thinks she was just trolling 100%. Like look at  all her other tweets at the time. She was just trolling and making viral treats at the time. "My fans think everything is cryptic" comes to mind.

Modern Ecstasy2
29 minutes ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

Y'all she wasn't on a lot of drugs during the ARTPOP era, her peak drug use was TF-early BTW :saladga:

I think she was...

but even if she wasn’t, she was going through some dark times in her personal life  and ptsd can really impact a person’s memory. Maybe she was just trolling and I’m reading into it too much idk but from a mental health perspective it wasn’t exactly the easiest time in her life that’s all I’m saying.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

DeanWinchester
36 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I love how ARTPOP’s ambiguity leads to never-ending, revolving door of theories and opinions.

it literally can mean N-E-thing-a :koons: she won :vegas:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived