Harry Styles: not gay, straight or bi; “Who cares”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loathereality
8 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Why people make such a big deal about sexuality?! Just say Ok, I’m bi. That’s it :interestinga: He is starting to sound way too pretentious and taking himself too seriously. 

but the interview has a point. Don’t go out acting all “femme” and then you say you’re a hetero and there’s nothing different about you 

i wouldn't that harsh honestly

over the past 50 years we know many humongous rock stars who have a feminine touch to their moves, clothes etc

I think he has some inspiration from them thats been amplified by the promo team

his style is quite straight imo btw

Sneaky Oliver
4 minutes ago, loathereality said:

i wouldn't that harsh honestly

over the past 50 years we know many humongous rock stars who have a feminine touch to their moves, clothes etc

I think he has some inspiration from them thats been amplified by the promo team

his style is quite straight imo btw

I don’t want to sound harsh. He’s right about not owing us an answer. i get the inspiration behind his looks and flamboyant style but as the interviewer said, he’s been dropping hints.

well not that I actually care about his or someone else’s sexuality. I enjoyed his new album, I’m streaming it right now 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

loathereality
1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I don’t want to sound harsh. He’s right about not owing us an answer. i get the inspiration behind his looks and flamboyant style but as the interviewer said, he’s been dropping hints.

well not that I actually care about his or someone else’s sexuality. I enjoyed his new album, I’m streaming it right now 

im streaming it right now too, and enjoying it

but i think the debut album is much better

Regina George

I really like him and his music but I honestly think this comes of as a straight guy wanting to profit from the LGBTQ community and therefore not saying he’s straight or gay or whatever. This reminds me of Tom Hardy’s reply to the same question. I think it’s totally okay to ask someone about their sexuality and the replies like “I don’t want to label myself” are kinda... questionable. When you think about it Harry’s whole career has been kinda centered around him being this free guy wearing whatever he wants and singing about doing it with boys and girls and when people ask him about his sexuality he’s like “yea I don’t like labels” or whatever.. It’s like me constantly singing about depression and kinda profiting from it and when someone asks me if I’m depressed I choose to stay quiet about the topic.. doesn’t make any sense 

Bloody

I believe he says what he feels, sometimes you just don't want to put labels and that's it. I think many of you are digging into it way too much, you don't have to be so suspicious. 

Also, he doesn't need to profit from the LGBT community to be successful, he's a great musician nonetheless. 

youandi

I understand the point of people wanting to make sure it's not a straight guy exploiting LGBTQ+ people, imagery and such for profit but at the same time, he owes fans NOTHING. If he wants to remain without a label, that's his choice. 

This idea that he needs to come out so people can relate to him or so that there's more positive exposure isn't fair. I get the point about having an open positive role model but he can be that without having to box himself the way his fans or people in general want him to be. 

It's things like reactions to this that keeps ideas on gender and sexuality so rigid

Lemondeduerl

I always thought he was Bi but why can't a straight man dress femenine or androgynous?  Look how they dressed and wore makeup  Kiss, Bowie, Marilyn Manson, Prince...etc

:)

SeasonOfTheWitch
55 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Why people make such a big deal about sexuality?! Just say Ok, I’m bi. That’s it :interestinga: He is starting to sound way too pretentious and taking himself too seriously. 

but the interview has a point. Don’t go out acting all “femme” and then you say you’re a hetero and there’s nothing different about you 

The same reason people make such a big deal about gender we

SeasonOfTheWitch
3 minutes ago, Lemondeduerl said:

I always thought he was Bi but why can't a straight man dress femenine or androgynous?  Look how they dressed and wore makeup  Kiss, Bowie, Marilyn Manson, Prince...etc

Because if they do they’re somehow “profiting off the LGBT community” :ladyhaha:

KleinGa

Okay while I love his music this was so annoying and pretentious. Say what you are and go.

1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Which is great – unless the person behind it happens to be a straight dude, sprinkling LGBTQ crumbs that lead nowhere. Does that make sense?

This sounds exactly like what he's doing :triggered:

KleinGa
2 hours ago, Jester said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just ask him if he ever sucked d*ck

His answer: I don't like to define bodily parts. Who said a d*ck is a d*ck. I could be putting  anything in my mouth honestly, it's like I see it and I immediately want to put it in my mouth, I don't give it anymore thought than that. I just go with what works with my mouth honestly. 

RahrahWitch

This is a tough one, Sexuality is something personal and shouldn't be questioned but at the same time Harry's been blatantly alluding to the fact he might be bisexual but when the question comes it's a "Who Cares" throwaway. If he's not ready to come out I'm not sure why he'd be going out of his way to drop hints.  If he is Bi then what's the harm in confirming something you're already teasing?

I hope I'm wrong and he's not just baiting, Gotta respect the Interviewer for not sugar coating it.

Queen Bitch

I don't care what his sexuality. It would be great if he's straight,  and isn't afraid to dress in a "queer" way. You can be straight and still dress the way he does. It doesn't mean he's bi or gay.

Archived