💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why doesn’t Gaga release music more often?

SeasonOfTheWitch

Featured Posts

SeasonOfTheWitch
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

We get new music almost every year, or at least a music related event, what are you even talking about? :toofunny:

I’m talking about how half the music she’s made in the past 5 years wasn’t released, how she never releases un-official music anymore, how she dropped a 30 second snippet of Clover and then never mentioned it again, how her collaborators like Tony give collab release periods and nothing comes. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
myusername

Trying to know/understand why Gaga does or doesn't do things is like trying to do the same with the area 51, you know it exist, but you never know what the f**** going on there. 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

Her career is really different from the typical postar. Had ASIB/C2C never happened, she'd  struggle lile Katy. People unfortunately get tired really fast esp if you're not Taylor Swift selling albums like hot cakes.

Let's just hope LG6 will be a return to pop form and shook us.:firega:

Helxig
3 hours ago, nenhures said:

I'm pretty sure The Cure was an ASIB reject and she just wanted to treat the fans. We can speculate all day about the reasoning behind her not releasing more often and none of us are ever going to be right but at end it boils down to either she can't (label impediments) or she doesn't want to (either because she's not happy with it or just not feeling like it). That's it.

The Cure was written about Sonja and when her condition worsened Gaga rushed to release it while she was still alive, hence the surprise at Coachella. But I think it was going to be for ASIB too! It definitely sounds like it. Gives me Heal Me vibes.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

1. She takes her time and enjoys her life in between album instead of just pumping it out. She needs to live her life to have something to write about, right?

2. She does a lot of other things on the side which take a lot of time and creative energy. Being in a feature length film with an entire album of music to write for it is a huge undertaking. And she likes to be very involved in her projects like Haus Labs. 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

LilyLark

I mean, Gaga does release music on a fairly regular basis. Compare her release schedule to Katy, Rihanna post 2013, Adele, and Bey and she is "faster" at putting out music. Sure, she has a ton of music that doesn't get released but that's also pretty typical—Adele and Beyonce allegedly had over 100 songs for their last albums before they cut it down.

There were always "fast" artists, like Rihanna pre 2013, but pre-streaming it was unusual for artists to release like Ariana, etc. And I don't think a lot of the established pop girls necessarily want to change to fit the streaming world. Also, Gaga had an album just over year ago (ASIB) and another album just over three years ago (Joanne).

That said, this is one of the most....difficult and mean fanbases. Fans like to rewrite history, but the online backlash of Gaga's own fans towards Joanne probably hurt the album—I don't think I've ever seen another fanbase react that way and some parts of the media absolutely picked up on the copious negative tweets. And I think she is semi-aware of how critical and demanding this fan base is....and she's probably also in a weird place in what genre (traditional electropop is pretty much dead, more soft rock would p*ss of a vocal part of her fanbase, etc.). So she might be stuck, too? Who knows.

*Not saying people had to like Joanne (I did, tho), but some big fan accounts were shading it multiple times and going way overboard about how much they hated it. They also acted like it got savaged by critics, when it had decent reviews....I get one shady tweet even, but it would have been the time "if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" should have played out on fan twitter.

yes and
4 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

She lost the passion for being an artist in my opinion, she does not look like shes enjoying any of her work for the past couple of years. Even during her life performance and Vegas, she looks pissed and board with everything. She also lost creativity, I havent seen any creative ideas from her.

She also feels stuck with Pop music, I dont think she would do pop music again if it was up to her.

I know people will hate this comment, but this is how I feel.

You're right as heck 
That's literally how things go as for now 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Didymus

Because everything she does now is tied to a very specifically planned marketing scheme :shrug: Her label probably insists on a full-blown era after they’ve hyped her up all over the media. Releasing some music on the side is not a great marketing move for her. It might work for Ariana but that’s because she’s big on streaming and Gaga is not. She needs those album sales. And Gaga and her team want those to be as big as possible so they wait until the perfect opportunity.

This has nothing to do with her being a creative perfectionist lol. Just look at Enigma and tell me she crafted that show over a long period of time to get the details right. We all know she slapped that together last minute. I’m pretty sure she thinks of her pop career as a job now more than a passion. That means the chance of her randomly dropping music is smaller than ever even if she’s recording privately.

Releasing music is not that easy (it’s becoming easier with streaming but still), labels have the final say based in a big number of factors, you can’t just make a song and release it and bam, it’s not YouTube.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

FfFfFfFF
14 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

Technically 2019 is the first year since 2013 we're not getting new music

ARTPOP

C2C

TIHTY/IWYL (video)

Joanne

The Cure

ASIB

:oops:

2013 had ARTPOP :selena:

Archived