Sk8ter guy?

when the party's Complicated?

you should see me With You?

please enlighten me to death

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

After everything Gaga went through being the "new Madonna", I don't see any point in continuing the idea that everybody's gotta be a "new" somebody else lol plus musically they have nothing in common. 

Blastertoyo
4 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

plus musically they have nothing in common. 

But did you even watch the video though :ohwell:

please enlighten me to death

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

But did you even watch the video though :ohwell:

Nope :vegas: I answered your question tho

FfFfFfFF

The original couple were Britney and Avril and in this age it kinda resemble Ariana and Billie.

One is the pop sensual female figure with mass appeal and the other is their counter-point that is liked by the indie community and stands for opposite things. It kinda works but it's nothing more than a silly comparison.

monketsharona
9 minutes ago, Adrenaliner said:

I think her hype is much bigger than what Avrils was. She is huge.

Avril Lavigne had a huge hype when she started her career

OT : 

I don't see why comparing Avril and Billie as both are actually doing very very different type of music and they are considerably different in terms of voice. Avril has a much stronger voice.

migamiga

I’ve thought about making this thread but my threads always flop so I’m glad someone else decided to do this. 
OT: yes, in the sense that she’s the annoying new teenage girl who thinks she’s super punk and edgy and comes off as rude and seen as a tomboy. They both have huge young fanbases and have even been able to connect with adult listeners because of their more mature sounding singles “complicated”, “I’m with you”, “bad guy”, “everything i wanted”. But they also seem to get the eye roll from a lot of the gp for their “try hard” image

Theyre obviously two very different artists with different image and approach but i think they kind of strike the same chord in the pop cultural zeitgeist sense. It’ll be interesting to see how billies career pans out. I don’t see it emulating avrils anymore than it already does (i feel like this is as similar as it’s gonna get). Billie seems much more mature as an artist (even comparing 17 yo Billie to 30something Avril). Billie is the better lyricist by far and i think she’ll end up following lordes path. Someone whos still well known and well respected and seen as an artists artist but might not find the same commercial success as her debut. But you never know with these things!

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, Adrenaliner said:

I think her hype is much bigger than what Avrils was. She is huge.

I disagree, in the 2000s, Complicated and Girlfriend were HUGE songs. Girlfriend was once the most viewed video on Youtube

Daylight Jokers

They're not even in the same genre of music. Billie is alternative pop and Avril is Pop Rock. The only similarity they have is their angsty personality but that's about it.  Even their vocals are complete opposites, Avril's more yelly and loud while Billie's lean more towards soft and whispery.

Billie's more of a hipster Lenka.

Archived