💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyoncé’s Self Titled was released on this day 6 years ago!

HoneyB

Featured Posts

HoneyB

On December 13 at midnight, Bey released her visual album Self Titled out of nowhere! It was her most explicit and most personal record yet, where she opens up who she really is and allows us to see a side of her we usually don’t get to see.

fc181af441d4fd0cb6d31efd41aca650.jpg

It explored womanhood, sexuality, empowerment, and her vulnerability and was highly regarded by critics and GP alike:heart: We can see this is where she truly took a different approach in her career and started focusing on quality and improving herself as an artist with every release she does!

Watch the process behind it here!

Whew what an era:flutter: can’t believe it’s already been 6 years!

source.gif

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

FfFfFfFF

A good album. :ally:

Pretty Hurts, Drunk In Love and Heaven are 9/10 and then there's Haunted which is a career highlight. 

Gov Hooka

Legendary. I remember this coming out right during the DWUW video crisis on the eve of the blackout in the ARTPOP era and this site going up in flames of extreme pressed-ness over it. She did THAT. Songs were 10/10 though the visuals were amazing at the time, they now seem meh in comparison to the visuals for Lemonade... but still epic nonetheless 

Rocket is still the best song on the album and Partition/Yonce and Blow still tear up dancefloors 

I can't believe how long ago this was! Feels like yesterday... wow I had just started high school then and now I'm in my junior year at uni! 

VOLANTIS

I'm the gay who wanted Gag on a Haunted Remix :giveup:

This is ART.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Sneaky Oliver

A truly iconic era. The surprise release itself would be iconic enough but No! She had to release a whole huge visual album too. Ugh the iconicness of it 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver

Plus the album has barely aged! It still sounds so fresh! Even fresher than Lemonade does 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

nodandsmile

Wasn't that big of a fan yet but I remember being shook as hell like she released an album just like that with a whole *ss  film and my dramatic *ss sister (beyhive) screaming and jumping like she was possessed  :huntyga:

Chickens in Malibu

**** the Grammy's for not giving this Album of the Year.

That was really the worst snub I can think of this decade.

sillynate
7 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

It was a game changer

Changed the game with that digital drop 

Know where you was when that digital popped 

I stopped the world  

iCONIQUE

Archived