Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

POP! FICTION - Album Out Now! (Not LG6)

Daylight Jokers

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers

Hey guys, I have just released my very first album on Spotify, iTunes, and other music streaming services (hey there, Deezer). I have worked on this album for almost an entire year and I'm so  relieved and excited to finally share it to the world. 

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/album/0NCGtskiQd5UmccZJ14IAH

Album  cover/art:

Spoiler

ELqkIraVUAE4Y2E?format=jpg&name=4096x409ELqkIraUYAANOLN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Teaser: 

Let's talk about the songs:

The Concept of Pop! Fiction is writing popular societal topics such as identity crisis, romance, break-ups, depression, domestic abuse, and prejudice into different types of narratives. I consider the songs fiction not because I don't believe these things don't exist or true to life, but because they were written through a fictional character's perspective. The "pop" part of the title is there because these things, I believe, are relevant in pop culture as people relate to it.

1. Midnight Blue

This is probably the very first happy love song I've ever written. It's a straightforward honeymoon pop song that has a little bit of RnB to it. It's an erotica delivered via a song.

2. Love's Not Love Like Before

I haven't been in a romantic relationship before, but I do get the feeling that when you enter one, there will be times where it's inevitable to doubt your partner's love, as well as your love for your partner. There will be what ifs along the way because we don't really have a clue of what the future has in store for us. After all, being in a romantic relationship can only lead to two things: it's either gonna end or it'll last forever in a lifetime.

3. MEAN.ING.LESS

I decided to make the title that way simply because of the line "I can't seem to find the night you treated me right on the dictionary - your love is meaningless." (Carly teas). This is probably the most pop-sounding break-up song in the album and I almost scrapped off it just cuz I feel like the lyrics were pretty shallow and personally, I believe it's not my best. But the song grew on me so here we are.

4. Bruises

I wrote this through the perspective of a domestic abuse victim. While I do want to spread awareness regarding people being stuck in abusive relationships, I still want the song to end on a positive note.

5. Psychedelic F*ckboi

To some, sex and drugs are ways to take a break from reality. These serve as a coping mechanism to keep their sanity intact. We live not just to survive, we also live to be happy. Sometimes, we are too busy searching for happiness that we don't realize we're hurting others along the way. This song is about a guy suffering from depression who spends his nights on drugs and meaningless sex.

6. DISCOntent

Adulthood can be very ****ing exhausting. The moment we start getting jobs is the moment we start living like robots. Sometimes we're so focused on our jobs that we forget to work on what we love and are passionate about. This is the 2nd lead single of the album.

7. He's Mine

I was a little unsure on whether or not I should work on this song. The memo for the melody has been on my phone's recorder for months but I wasn't feeling it. Not until I decided to give it a try and was genuinely surprised by how nice the production ended up sounding. It reminds me of a The Script track and I love that about it. He's Mine is a song about losing one's identity.

8. More Than Just Concrete Walls

The song that started it all and also the lead single of the album. Honestly, I was so proud of this song that I decided to write the other songs (except  tracks 1 & 2, they were here first). I was surprised at myself for coming up with the hook. I usually don't have hooks in my songs before this. This is also the song that I worked on the longest (one month for producing it and another for recording and re-recording it). This song is written like a memoir - a memoir of a mentally-challenged guy who ended up murdering his parents.

9. 8:7

The title is taken from the infamous bible verse, John 8:7, "So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.". This song talks about the hypocricy of some religious people who do nothing but judge those who live their lives differently to how the bible tells them to. I do believe in a higher power but I also don't think the bible is something that I should really base my faith on to. The fact that some Christians use verses from the old testament to justify their hate towards the LGBTQ community is disgusting.

10. Why Is It Easier to Cry In The Night?

The title itself is just a thought that crossed my mind when I was on my way home staring outside the window of my Grab (kinda like an Uber) at around 2:00 in the morning (you know, acting like I was in some kind of music video or smth). That thought never left my mind so I decided to write a song about it.

If you have time, I hope you give this album a chance.  If you did, let me know which song you liked the most. Thank you!

People  who might be interested

Daylight Jokers
1 minute ago, loathereality said:

tag me to your every release from now on please :)

Awesome, thank you! :kiss:

letsgetdirrty

Can’t wait to hear it baby 

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

Daylight Jokers
15 minutes ago, letsgetdirrty said:

Can’t wait to hear it baby 

It's actually out now. :kiss:

Daylight Jokers
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Could you tag me too ? :kara:

There is so many talented people on this site ! 

Sure thing!  And thanks!

Omg! I NEED to listen to this! :firega:

Oh my god YES! I LOVE the production on these songs! 8:7 sounds so ominous and the new Psychedelic F-Boy sounds amazing! :firega: 

Daylight Jokers
2 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Omg! I NEED to listen to this! :firega:

Spotify link's up on the OT. :kiss:

1 hour ago, LGs LM said:

Spotify link's up on the OT. :kiss:

I’m on my phone and I don’t have premium ;-;

I’ll just use YT on my phone, at least I can control the songs :laughga:

For now

7 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Thanks I got it! So far I’ve only listened to 8:7, Psychedelic F-Boy (which just has to be a single :cryga:, it’s a Scheiße situation :air:), Concrete Walls and like the first 15 seconds of MEAN.ING.LESS. I’m at school :laughga:

Daylight Jokers
3 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Thanks I got it! So far I’ve only listened to 8:7, Psychedelic F-Boy (which just has to be a single :cryga:, it’s a Scheiße situation :air:), Concrete Walls and like the first 15 seconds of MEAN.ING.LESS. I’m at school :laughga:

Yep, that's probably gonna get Scheisse'd :derpga::selena:

1 hour ago, LGs LM said:

Yep, that's probably gonna get Scheisse'd :derpga::selena:

:selena:

Well it was a good promo single while it lasted :selena:

Archived