Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Associated Press - Best of the 2010's Deacde

PACGAGA

Featured Posts

Edonis
5 minutes ago, Oyster said:

great album but it wasn’t really acclaimed by the gp, def a fan favorite though 

Born this Way was well received by critics though...sure it was incredibly divisive and polarizing AF, but it did have an element of acclaim and deserves to be on the list. 

It's not even my favorite Gaga album and yet the message and themes on that record are so relevant in today's political climate. It's both sad and scary when you think about how little things have changed :bradley:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PACGAGA
7 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Born this Way was well received by critics though...sure it was incredibly divisive and polarizing AF, but it did have an element of acclaim and deserves to be on the list. 

It's not even my favorite Gaga album and yet the message and themes on that record are so relevant in today's political climate. It's both sad and scary when you think about how little things have changed :bradley:

Agreed but it was not well received by critics. I remember BTW getting more mixed/negative reviews more than positive/average. Didn't a critic literally give it a 0?? 

Edonis
Just now, PACGAGA said:

Agreed but it was not well received by critics. I remember BTW getting more mixed/negative reviews more than positive/average. Didn't a critic literally give it a 0?? 

Not necessarily as high as TFM I agree, but it was certainly rated much higher than ARTPOP for instance. I think that album and the image she had during 2011 impacted the way people perceived Gaga at the time (hence the hyper-pretentious zero given to the record). 

Plus, the record is so incredibly queer and bizarre, far stranger than ARTPOP tbh. It was bound to be as polarizing as it was. 

To be very honest.... ANTI as number 2 of the decade?! Maybe of that year but Decade?!? It wasn't even that great. Music is subjective I guess. 

Archived