💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

It's actually impossible for Blackout to be overrated/overhyped

mzncb

Featured Posts

In the words of a use on another pop music message board almost a dozen years ago pointed out in explaining out how Blackout is obviously far superior than FutureSex/LoveSounds:

"Blackout however is a work of pop/dance/electronic artistry. It never fails and it always offers the listener something different in terms of variety. It plays to Britney's strengthens and is a solid work that embellishes all of Britney's strength which has always been her charisma and her adventurous versatility into different genres of music. The album offers strong dance cuts like "Gimme More", "Radar" and "Break The Ice" while also offer introspective songs like "Piece Of Me" and "Why Should I Be Sad". It also offers versatility in the forms of "Get Naked", "Freakshow" and "Toy Solider". It also offers a nice change of pace and gives on fluffy love ballads to keep the album from sounding like a hard dance album with the pieces of "Ooh Ooh Baby" and "Heaven On Earth". This album has everything and above all the record sounds realistic and sincere. We don't doubt Spears portrayal and performance in these works because she sounds the part. We can easily see her in these roles and her performance is charismatic and she delivers the hooks with ease and grace. Compare this to Justin's performance in his album and he comes off looking desperate, insincere and like he has no idea what he is talking about. Justin most likely has no clue about a crack addiction, loss of ones self or the darkness one would feel after being on top of the world to being a nobody.

Britney wins hands down in terms of quality, believability, performance, versatility and overall freshness. None of the songs on Blackout burn out. I can't say the same for FS/LS...

I say Britney sounds sincere because she can easily play the role of a woman who wants to have fun, is enamored by a man or is fed up with fame. She easily plays the roles and I never doubt what she is singing about. She sounds like she has lived threw all of these things and she sounds each and every bit as the character/person she is portraying. Her performance on Blackout is spot on and it hits all of the emotional notes it is supposed to. She doesn't sound trite or contrived (ala Timberlake) when she sings about falling in love in Heaven On Earth it is believable, when she sings about flirting with a guy in Ooh Ooh Baby we believe it, when she sings about seducing a man in Radar it's believable, when she sings about everyone following her and looking at her every move in Gimme More and Piece of Me it's not a falsehood. She sounds sincere, charismatic and she sells it all to the hilt.

Timberlake sounds forced, contrived and like he is protesting too much. When someone talks about Sex, sex and more sex it makes it sound like they're not getting it rather then they're getting a lot of it. Yes Spears album has a lot of talk about sex but it's subtle. It isn't as in your face as Timberlake. If you just look at the track list you see what one means. You have the first three song titles with the word "sex" in it while Timberlake doesn't even sound sincere in his seduction. He sounds cold and calculative and formulaic. Like he is painting by numbers it's not organic or natural (like when Spears coo's "I'm going to blow your mind") it sounds trite and uninspired like he is looking for something to follow.

I don't believe him in his love songs either. I don't buy his performance on Until The End Of Time, Losing My Way or Another Song All Over Again. It all sounds uninspired and tired. A role of clitche's littered into slow songs in an attempt to feign love feelings. I don't believe his deep love. It's much easier to swallow Spears infatuation in Heaven on Earth then it is to believe his endless dribble during the end of FSLS"

http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/58362/futuresex-lovesounds-blackout

Perfume

See.. it’s comparing it to Justin. In that case, obviously it’s better. but in terms of all of Britney’s albums, it’s most definitely not. 

an angel held me like a child

xoxo Craig

It sounds like everything that was out at that time... like this track

So I dont really get the hype for it. I only liked maybe 3 tracks? 

But if you like it then thats cool, its your opinion like what I stated is mine

End Racism Now

FfFfFfFF

It's actually possible and very real that is overhyped. People talk about it like it's the bible of Pop when it's really ordinary  and has a number of fillers.. It's one of Britney's best but not even the best album she put out. 

Jose P

The amount of Blackout haters in here :bradley: I mean I personally find it her best because I just love dark-sounding, claustrophobic, electropop sexy anthems, and this album is stocked with those. Britney actually had way more control over this album than her previous ones and she knew exactly what she wanted to put out. She gave no f*cks during this era :tony:

Ryusei

it's not the best britney album. #JusticeForGlory 

I also don't see the need to trash talk it though like: a pop girl getting praise for an album that is generally regarded as a good album and it has a lot of bops. Like what is wrong with that? That's a win for the gays :vegas: 

Musery

beaublue
46 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I also don't see the need to trash talk it though like: a pop girl getting praise for an album that is generally regarded as a good album and it has a lot of bops. Like what is wrong with that? That's a win for the gays :vegas: 

I agree, Glory is her best. From the stylistic choices to its cohesive quality throughout its easily one of my fav albums. Not to mention Britney actually explores different areas musically on Glory unlike Blackout despite OP saying so. She pushed herself with Glory vocally & sonically, “What You Need” was literally a triumph for Britney fans proving once & for all she can sing her ass off & hit better notes than most of her contemporaries. The only issue I have with Glory is the concept behind the album artwork. I thought it felt cheap & boring to literally take images from the reshot Make Me vid & pass it off as the official look.

59 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

glory??? :lmao:

I mean, compared to Justin of course it’s gonna be better. But in my opinion it is definitely an overrated album. It is supposed to be Britney’s best work (even though I think In The Zone is way better) but  it doesn’t even compare to Madonna’s or Gaga’s best albums, for example.

Archived