Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Selena Gomez - "Rare" (album)

IAmNotHere1997

Featured Posts

So sick of this Revival sound she's been doing for almost 5 yrs now. She needs to re-invent !! Shame bc she seems to have a good taste for catchy production.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Versace

I don't get the Revival Comparisons 

Revival to me had a lot of rnb influences, it was a very chill sounding album that mainly stayed in mid-tempo. Rare is mainly electronic dance/club music to me.  Her collab with DJs makes sense now, she was gearing up to release her own EDM album. Both albums have exceptions to the main sound they're going for though, notably Lose You To Love Me. 

People who find the album basic are likely to find all of Selena's albums basic or same-sounding. I don't stan her but I find that she gets unfairly criticized for things she never owned up to begin with, ie: strong vocals, diverse sounds. 

GagaUnderYou

Not worth the wait. 

Her standalone tracks from 2016-19 were all bangers. 

I expected lots from this album. It does seem like she started over a few times in the creative process. 

I know I'm late to the party, but I just listened to it in full and idk 

The production is cool, some songs are nice but it just sounds SO generic. Literally any Spotify plant could have released this 

This girl is three solo album in, more than a decade in the industry, and she still has no identity whatsoever 

who will love me when the night is over

I actually quite enjoy this album. I know this site loves to drag her lol but I genuinely feel she found her "sound". She usually gets compared to artists quite often but when I started listening the first thing I thought was this is her lane. People love to call her a "whisper queen" imo she just has a soft and a low register. Not every singer is Beyoncé or Mariah idk why people act like everyone should be belting and doing vocal acrobatics. She's never claimed to be a vocalist seems like she just likes making music and performing lol.

Versace
1 hour ago, Spock said:

I know I'm late to the party, but I just listened to it in full and idk 

The production is cool, some songs are nice but it just sounds SO generic. Literally any Spotify plant could have released this 

This girl is three solo album in, more than a decade in the industry, and she still has no identity whatsoever 

Didn't she pave the way for whispery bops :selena:

Biden Harris 2024

It's a good album but maybe not great. I like Vulnerable and that would be the 3rd single choice. Didn't really hear a 4th one. All in all, she'll probably have a great era with it.

selena gomez GIF

• 5 weeks later...

my favs are:
Look at her now
Ring
Vulnerable
Let me get me
Crowned room
Kinda Crazy
A Sweeter Place
People you know 

Rare and Dance again are half good half not for me.

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

Archived