đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Selena Gomez - "Rare" (album)

IAmNotHere1997

Featured Posts

ProdigyARTPOP

I’m on track 5 and so far she’s done what she always does, which is serve bops. :tony:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic

I enjoyed Selena's previous work but have been really disappointed with her live performances. :oops:

That said, her vocals sound crisp and clear, the production is clean and you can hear the organic live instrumentation which all are lacking in the current top 40. So I'm on board with this album :vegas:

Dominic

That 1 2 3 punch of Vulnerable, People You Know and Let Me Get Me. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

ZiggyZiggs

I went into it expecting to absolutely hate it cuz the singles and the snippets weren’t it

but boy oh boy this is such a great hooky catchy pop album, shocked that I love it tbh

the production is the best part, so clear and crisp wow 

Adrenaliner

Ok I try to listen to the whole album but every single time I HAVE to replay Dance Again

It is that bitch

Versace

Ring did that 

My Top 5

1-Lose You To Love Me

2-Ring

3-Vulnerable 

4-People You Know

5-Kinda Crazy
Honorable Mention: Rare (the song), the video looks interesting can't wait to see it. 

CALL ME DN

I've been a Selena stan for more than 7 years, not gonna lie i was expecting something else, but overall i enjoyed it and it's pretty good, not better than revival, and i wish it had more deep cuts and more ballad, something like Sober, Nobody and Cologne, my faves from Revival, but i like it

REALLY LOVE:

-Rare 

- Dance Again 

- Look At Her Now 

- Lose You To Love Me 

Love:
- People You Know
- Fun
- A Sweeter Place

- Cut You Off

Like:
- Crownded Room 
- Kinda Crazy

- Vulnerable

Didn't Really Get Me: 

- Ring 

-Let Me Get Me

7½ / 10

Replay Value: 75%

Has it fulfilled my expectations: sort of, it's fifthy-fifthy, i like it but it leaves me wanting more

PLUS

If the version of Feel Me on the vinyle is gonna be the same as the leaked one in 2017 it's gonna be in my "really love" category or maybe it's gonna be even better with a different production, we'll see.

:kiss:

This is my least favorite Selena album. When an album fails so tragically to hit me in the feels, I always give it a second listen in the car where I'm in a different headspace. But on first listen, I won't remember any track except "Lose You to Love Me." What is this?

And didn't Justin Tranter work on this album? If he wrote Selena's "Rare" AND Gwen's "Rare," Gwen got the better deal.

My name isn't Timmers

DiamondKing
38 minutes ago, Runway said:

Can’t believe RARE is the second single when Dance Again is right THERE :bradley:

It's her favorite song I think

But I agree Dance Again or Let Me Get Me need to be the next single after Rare :bradley:

Runway
16 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

It's her favorite song I think

But I agree Dance Again or Let Me Get Me need to be the next single after Rare :bradley:

I feel like there won’t be another single :bradley: rare will flop anyway :ohwell: 

nswain1110

I really enjoy Selena's slinky vocals and the super chill grownup vibes she's serving these days. Solid album - hooks for days - will be bopping along for months. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

HausOfHarlow

My first listen was during my workout this morning. I kinda enjoyed it, though I put in the category of cheap / low-frills pop. It's just fun to listen to, but I don't think it's something to fall in love with or anything. 

Noticeable standouts: Vulnerable + Cut You Off 

Honorable Mentions: Dance Again (love the disco vibe), Crowded Room, Kinda Crazy

Forgetful and honestly can't remember a single things after listening 3x through: Fun, Ring

As for the deluxe tracks aka already released previously, I always loved the song (and video) for Fetish!

Archived