new music

Selena Gomez - "Rare" (album)

IAmNotHere1997

Featured Posts

Dominic
48 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Did it leak?

Either way I wouldn’t ask for any links :poot:

It's out in some parts yeah but posting or requesting illegal download links is still wearable :)

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

this cover ain’t it tho.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

misunderstood

REALLY LOVE:

- Crowded Room

Love:
- Dance Again
- Vulnerable
- People You Know
- Let Me Get Me
- A Sweeter Place

Like:
- Kinda Crazy
- Cut You Off [Reminds me so much of a Taylor Swift song tho]

Don't Care For:
- Rare
- Ring
- Fun

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

First of all, the cover is not it, literally lack

Second, I'm dissapointed, wtf is this??? 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

I love it :bradley:

It filled with bops. Anyone with huge expectations i- electric chair for you. Dance Again, Vulnerable, Rare and Fun got me bopping :rockstar:

It really is Revival pt2 but I loved Revival (the concert was even better :pray:) am I new selegender?  I want to listen to these high, they're all so chill and good vibes :vegas:

Magneto

I'm halfway and I actually like it. My expectations were low to begin with and all of the songs sound like they could be on Revival and vice versa, but... she just serves chill bops and easy going vocals

Free my mind

gagaxsebert

OMG I got it early and it is so great. It’s so mature, cohesive & just great. It was worth the wait. :firega::firega::firega:
Faves;

Rare

Vulnerable

People You Know

Crowded Room

A Sweeter Place 

Used to be HighRoad

ATRL loves it and I come on this page and some of y'all hate it what's the truth? it's out in a couple of hours in Canada im quite excited I loved revival !

BetrayedSTAN

I just finished listening to the album and tbh I really enjoyed everything so far and this is coming from someone who's not a fan of selina. 

maybe because I felt something nostalgic like it's 2010 all over again  .. the production is sooo clean and light and i'm really surprised cause everything seems sooo heavy and messy those days .

It's clearly there's no much experimentation on this record and i'm more than ok with that .. Sometimes being basic can save ur ass unless u're a Madonna in her Ray of light era or u will end up mourning someone u don't even know through ur music :ladyhaha::teehee: 

nenhures

It's not bad and there's a couple of songs I actually quite enjoyed but overall it just feels kinda lackluster, imo. The combo of the production + songwriting + overall atmosphere of the album just didn't feel enough. You can make minimalist pop work but this is missing something, idk. I'm gonna need a little more time with this to find out if it's gonna grow on me but so far I just don't see myself replaying anything other than a song or two. It was very cohesive tho, I'll give it that.

Personal favorites:

- Dance Again: the bassline is crisp and tasty also am I the only one who thinks that the pre-chorus kinda sounds like the PLL theme song?

- Look At Her Now: I really disliked this when it came out but it grew on me? Despite the questionable chorus, which I have a love-hate relationship with.

- Let Me Get Me: come thru Americano

- A Sweeter Place: def my favorite on the album by far and I knew it as soon as I heard the intro. The instrumental is really nice (with the exception of the post-chorus) and Kid Cudi f*cks.

Least favorites:

- Ring: while I appreciate the fact that it kinda sounds like a 90s detective movie theme song but the lyrics and the song itself were just :awkney:

- People You Know: sounds like Look At Her Now pt. 2 and that people chorus talking about people who become other people is just very people repetitive. People.

- Crowded Room: 

Spoiler

- Fun: wottice dis hunny

HookerOnAChurch
11 hours ago, misunderstood said:

REALLY LOVE:

- Crowded Room

Love:
- Dance Again
- Vulnerable
- People You Know
- Let Me Get Me