💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TIME : Greta is 2019's Person Of The Year

OBEY

Featured Posts

Candy Gaga
11 minutes ago, Jose P said:

She didn’t actually do sh*t but whatever. Or is everyone an eco friendly, global awareness person now because of her :ladyhaha: She has a point and good intentions but I don’t see the appeal about her, she hasn’t done anything really. Tons of environmentalists have actually done good things for the planet but welp.

Good for her I guess, she has potential.

Reese Witherspoon Shrug GIF by Sky

Exactly like a child of two actors preaches about an issue what's her role than talking 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
noisullitcefrep

"She did nothing more than talking", well what is she supposed to do? Solve a problem involving several billion people all by herself?:selena: Delusional

Let's talk about her fridays for future movement, making people all over the world protest for actual change. Let's talk about how she talked in front of the world's most important politicians without caring about sugarcoating it, as a 16 year old girl with autism. Let's talk about the omnipresent discussions she provoced, which eventually lead to green parties having major success all over europe. 

Of course she did not stop climate change, but her impact on the topic, on how we talk about it was undebiably huge. So while there might be other people deserving the title of person of the year aswell, she does so too.

Andreu
30 minutes ago, Candy Gaga said:

Did she did anything other than blah blahing about climate issues. I'm asking cause I don't really know if she took any actions other than talking.

she started the fridays for future thing which was followed by people all around the world. That's definitely more than talking in my opinion.

Jose P
27 minutes ago, noisullitcefrep said:

"She did nothing more than talking", well what is she supposed to do? Solve a problem involving several billion people all by herself?:selena: Delusional.

We’ve had environmentalists doing field research for example, to come up with possible ways to stop certain problems like wasting of natural resources and energy and come up with alternatives to save them. An environmentalist doesn’t just talk and give speeches. She’s done good stuff and sparked debates but at the end of the day she’s nothing special. She’s only famous because she’s a teenager. I know lots of modern environmentalists that have done much more than her.

PunkTheFunk
3 hours ago, Bradley said:

I thought it was Gretchen at first

tumblr_of75j3KTXa1u6n38po1_250.gifv

She's Person of the Millenium :applause:

noisullitcefrep
15 minutes ago, Jose P said:

We’ve had environmentalists doing field research for example, to come up with possible ways to stop certain problems like wasting of natural resources and energy and come up with alternatives to save them. An environmentalist doesn’t just talk and give speeches. She’s done good stuff and sparked debates but at the end of the day she’s nothing special. She’s only famous because she’s a teenager. I know lots of modern environmentalists that have done much more than her.

I agree that there are environmental scientists looking for solutions, however, it does not help if nobody's truly aware of the issue. I would go as far as saying Greta gave a huge platform for environmental science and made people listen to them, made people talk about it and questions themselves. It is very obvious how fridays for future helped green politics in a lot of countries. Of course her being a teenager added a lot to her importance but let's not act like it's a common thing for the world to listen to a teenager. 

And after all, she was probably the most talked person of the year, so she easily deserves to be person of the year, imo. She gave environmental activism a face, which is not to be underestimated

CannaeDrive
2 hours ago, Katharine Hepburn said:

What about the hong kong protesters?

They deserved much better than her, she is just surfing on media hype. Good for her tho.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

noisullitcefrep

Tbh, while I think she deserves the title, we should question the concept of "person of the year".

There's never just someone deserving of that title. I think a list including multiple people/ groups would be much much better. Like that we could honor the bravery of many simultaneously instead of (unporpusely) claiming only one issue os important!

9 hours ago, August3 said:

Yeah put meat eaters and boomers in the same sentence as climate skeptics, because that is somehow reasonable I guess:smh:

it was a joke honey 

xoxo Craig
16 minutes ago, OBEY said:

You lost !

No I didn't, I wasn't competing for the cover of Time magazine, or Time's person of 2019, but I am honoured that you think I could be a suitable candidate :vegas:

End Racism Now

Biggest Fan
8 hours ago, OliG said:

I don’t wanna be rude but how come??😂 Lizzo is only ”big” in US because they don’t play her songs or her #1 song Truth Hurths in europé...

Why they don’t play it

🤖

Archived