Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favorite Cher Album of Each Decade?

Musicisfreedom

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom

Hey Little Monsters!

So I've been listening to SO MUCH Cher as of late, and decided it would be fun to make a thread about her and her many many albums. Cher has had six decades worth of music and has always had an amazingly wonderful voice. So, if you can, choose a favorite album from each decade! If not, choose your favorites from the decades you do enjoy her music from... :)

Here is a list of Cher's solo album discography:

60s:

All I Really Want to Do (1965)

The Sonny Side of Cher (1966)

Cher (1966)

With Love, Cher (1967)

Backstage (1968)

3614 Jackson Highway (1969)

70s:

Cher (or Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves) (1971)

Foxy Lady (1972)

Bittersweet White Light (1973)

Half-Breed (1973)

Dark Lady (1974)

Stars (1975)

I'd Rather Believe In You (1976)

Cherished (1977)

Take Me Home (1979)

Prisoner (1979)

80s:

I Paralyze (1982)

Cher (1987)

Heart of Stone (1989)

90s:

Love Hurts (1991)

It's a Man's World (1995)

Believe (1998)

2000s:

Not.com.mercial (2000)

Living Proof (2001)

2010s:

Closer to the Truth (2013)

Dancing Queen (2018)

Bitch I'm Madonna

berlinforme

Wow, that makes 26 releases! I knew that Cher's been around for ages, but I didn't know she had such a catalogue!

Musicisfreedom
7 hours ago, HookerOnAChurch said:

The real queen! I'm going to do my list later. 

Can't wait to see it! 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Economy

I don't know ALL her music content tbh. 

I'm a bigger fan of her acting for TV movies and also her personnel as well as attitude/stage presence and costumes etc

When it comes to her music itself I only know maybe 1/4 of what she's released tbh

But her old hit "I got you babe" is perhaps my fav I also love Believe, If I could turn back time, Woman's world, Red, I walk alone

Musicisfreedom
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

I don't know ALL her music content tbh. 

I'm a bigger fan of her acting for TV movies and also her personnel as well as attitude/stage presence and costumes etc

When it comes to her music itself I only know maybe 1/4 of what she's released tbh

But her old hit "I got you babe" is perhaps my fav I also love Believe, If I could turn back time, Woman's world, Red, I walk alone

it is a bit overwhelming since she has such a massive catalog to really get to know everything. I'm still getting into a lot of her albums, especially the ones from the 60s. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Economy
6 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

it is a bit overwhelming since she has such a massive catalog to really get to know everything. I'm still getting into a lot of her albums, especially the ones from the 60s. 

Yeah it's a lot to go thru even if ur a fan like me

The only old act I know every single song from is ABBA but that's because I'm literally a super Fan (they are my fav act of all time for music counting both groups and solo artists)... And because they were only active 10-11 years there's less catalogue to go thru :selena:

Musicisfreedom
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah it's a lot to go thru even if ur a fan like me

The only old act I know every single song from is ABBA but that's because I'm literally a super Fan (they are my fav act of all time for music counting both groups and solo artists)... And because they were only active 10-11 years there's less catalogue to go thru :selena:

I'm that way with a few older acts, such as Madonna (obviously), Mylene Farmer, Kylie Minogue, Coven (they only released a few albums though), Iron Maiden, Judas Priest,etc. So I'm trying to get there with Cher. It'll take some time though.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived