💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

5 Years Ago, What Did You Expect From Gaga

SeasonOfTheWitch

Featured Posts

SeasonOfTheWitch

If you were a fan in 2014, where did you see Gaga’s career going in the next 5 years (what do you think she would’ve done career wise now)? 

thankfully I don’t seriously try to predict Gaga’s future now, because especially in the past 5 years she’s become extremely unpredictable. :ally: But when I was a new monster in 2014 I was crazy. I definitely expected at-least another jazz album, because she had teased plans to record one after CTC was released. I also expected an instrumental rock album because her voice at the time had just finally started to mature (which you could tell from ArtRAVE videos) and she seemed more interested in rock music than previous years. I definitely didn’t predict her releasing a country-tinged pop album or a soundtrack that became one of the biggest projects in her career. 

imitalian

For a minute I really tought it was gonna go downhill into a black hole lol. Thank God for C2C. 

When she did that I Want Your Love cover I was really expecting a disco/funky album with a "Gaga" twist on it but well...  Yee-ha happened instead. 

Actually I loved ARTPOP and everything but world was not cating so much.

So, I really did not know what to expect from world, not Gaga.

Gaga has been doing amazing imo.

SeasonOfTheWitch
21 minutes ago, Steve Harrington said:

ARTPOP Act II :air: 

I lost my ACT 2 hope when the app countdown started going down after it hit zero we

mariomania1234

I thought Joanne would end up being a much more rock inspired album based on her activity in early 2016. The folk/americana sound was a real curveball that no one saw coming and ended up being a really inspired project from her. The sound ended up being a trend in pop culture in subsequent years, so for that she deserves some kudos. She's been totally unpredictable with her projects since 2014 and that's a really exciting prospect when following her career.

Helxig

Early on I I naively thought that ARTPOP was her light and bright era and she would go a bit darker again. I neeeever expected Joanne or ASIB! But I love them both.

52 minutes ago, Saint Jude said:

i just really wanted disco :(

And a bit later I was straight up was convinced she was going experimental disco/rock/pop!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

I thought this was her direction:

Also because of this

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

SeasonOfTheWitch
25 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

I thought Joanne would end up being a much more rock inspired album based on her activity in early 2016. The folk/americana sound was a real curveball that no one saw coming and ended up being a really inspired project from her. The sound ended up being a trend in pop culture in subsequent years, so for that she deserves some kudos. She's been totally unpredictable with her projects since 2014 and that's a really exciting prospect when following her career.

Wait you knew her activity in early 2016 in 2014? Iconic :ally:

Clumsy Monster
28 minutes ago, Helxig said:

I thought this was her direction:

I have never heard these songs before. Thank you so much because these are banging! 

Clumsy Monster
1 hour ago, Saint Jude said:

i just really wanted disco :(

Same. I'd die for a disco/funk/new wave album from Gaga. Imagine the fashion and music videos ahh one can only dream:diane:

Glamourpuss

I think I always knew she was going to make a movie with a soundtrack but I never anticipated she would make an album like Joanne. I really thought she was going to do another kind of ARTPOP album. I also never thought the Jazz music would be so well liked and that she would have her own jazz show. I thought if she was going to do anything different to pop that it would be an album of piano ballads. 

I'm so glad that she doesn't do anything predictable but I do hope we get that piano album one day. I really like her cover of Your Song and I kind of want more like that but maybe that would be best for later on in her career. 

darkchylde
29 minutes ago, Clumsy Monster said:

Imagine the fashion and music videos ahh one can only dream:diane:

i've learned to not set myself up for disappointment and just embrace whatever comes from her and decide if i like it as i go

Archived