Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry not living for charts anymore

Lighter

Featured Posts

AlexanderMagno
4 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I can see behind the marketing too but I want to believe the illusion. It takes the magic away if you analyse it too deeply. 

It doesn't. We can appreciate the art, the concept and the music without the promotion campaign, the charts and the ramblings about their lives and the music industry and whatever. Unless she talks about it through her music, or whatever form of art she will be into next. I can't see how "believing the illusion" makes this any less magical. It makes people live their idols' lives too much, if you ask me. 

Anyway, don't take my words personally or anything. You do you, I do me.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

It doesn't. We can appreciate the art, the concept and the music without the promotion campaign, the charts and the ramblings about their lives and the music industry and whatever. Unless she talks about it through her music, or whatever form of art she will be into next. I can't see how "believing the illusion" makes this any less magical. It makes people live their idols' lives too much, if you ask me. 

Don't worry I wasn't going to. I think you've all made some good points, I just wanted to chime in with mine. :)

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

I can see behind the marketing too but I want to believe the illusion. It takes the magic away if you analyse it too deeply. 

Same. The charts are not real life. Like, I'm a stats grad and yet even I know numbers are there to fool people who read too much into it. Nothing lasts forever - except art. People get impressed by numbers but eventually numbers run out. Art, on the other hand, transcends space and time.

Smother Em Eh

Not living for the charts anymore? 

Then why did she release 4 songs in a row over the basis of like 4 months. :oprah:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

21 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

magine the year 2040. a young gay boy is getting into pop music. he has a fave, she debuted in like 2035 an is currently the biggest pop-star in the world, he loves her and stans her to death. he's obviously heard of the likes of lady gaga, taylor swift, beyonce etc, he doesn't know that much about them, but knows that they are regarded as legends, still release albums that (barely) go number one, they tour stadiums and some of his peers even stan them. he will eventually get really into them and would come to love albums like born this way, 1989, lemonade. he'd even wish he were alive back in the day to witness them in their peak, they must have been unstoppable, he thinks. at the same time he stumbles across a pop-singer by the name of katy perry. the name sound vaguely familiar perhaps but that's about it. this girl peaks his interest and he googles "katy perry discography". he clicks on the wikipedia link and goes through her discography. he sees that her debut song went number one and her first album did decent numbers. he then sees that she actually got 5 number one singles off her second album! Wow, how has he never heard of her? he opens spotify and goes to her page. listens to 2 or 3 of her most streamed songs. Yeah, he knows those songs, but never knew they were sung by this katy girl... he then goes back to her discography page and sees that her 3rd album didn't really sell that much and the songs from it didn't go number one... he thinks to himself "hmmm, I wonder why in the span of 3 years she couldn't get a number one again". he feels it: that was the beginning of the end. then he sees all the other singles she's released: one charted 15 in 2019 ("not great, but not bad either" he thinks), but then everything after that just...... failed spectacularly. he also sees that 2019 is the year in which she failed to chart on the BB Hot 100 with a single for the first time.. he's flabbergasted: this girl that got 5 number ones from an album couldn't even chart 6 years later.... he googles "what happened to katy perry" and starts reading articles from like 2028 that tries to explain it, another one entitled "remember singer katy perry" from 2036 etc, yet he still doesn't understand. how have all of her peers succeeded to maintain enough relevance for him to know them or at least have heard of them, yet this girl seem to have just been erased from the cultural zeitgeist of the 10s almost overnight? he sees that after her 2017 album she continued to release albums: the first one charted at like number 7 on the BB 200, the second one 24, the one after that 89 or smth like that. her last album was released just 6 years ago, in 2034, but it's evidently failed to chart altogether... the same night during supper he asks his parents about her. there is a little pause with his parents seeming a bit confused, but one of them says "oh, yeah, sure I remember katy perry. now that's a name from the past, huh... she got famous with like gaga and swift and beyonce, right? oh, yeah, i remember her know... hmmm, i wonder what happened to her?"

this reads like a prophecy. are u possessed with the spirit of professor trelawney? 

angels forever, forever angels

seashellplay
7 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Idk if you've educated yourself in Warholian theory but ART and POP are intrinsic, they're interwoven... The Artist is only liberated from the POP medium once they embark on a Reverse-Kantian journey through the Netherlands and generate a new medium... the ART-POP movement was an attempt to liberate ARTists who foolishly utilize POP as a medium, and it failed, because POP was borrowing from ART, in POP-ART, Warhol could do whatever he wished, because he had POP fueling his projects, not owning them/exploiting them, etc... AlexxxMagno 

seashellplay

The POPist is also harming himself thru using art as a medium, because he is surrounding himself in a culture dominated by narcissism and an obsession of commentary and idea

Music comes in cycles or genres. Right now it’s hip hop and all that is what’s popular. When pop girls comes back around all these artists plus the new pop stars will be big again. The only reason Ariana and all them are staying relevant is because she’s infused hip hop in her music. Katy tried it with Harley in Hawaii. But I think when the pop we actually grew to love comes back is when all these artists can shine again. 

Archived