💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Megarate: Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits (Part 1)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

p05slrcg.jpg

Hello Everyone! :hug:

I know it's been a long while since I have done a Megarate, but Artist Arena (shout out to @Mikolaj) has inspired me to make this megarate.

With a career spanning 6 decades, icon Dolly Parton has a fair number of songs in her discography. In this megarate, I have attempted to narrow it down (which was very stressful :bradley:) to 25 tracks which could be considered her "biggest hits". If there is enough demand, there are certainly enough hits to do another megarate... but we'll see how this goes :heart:

0faacc4dab68ef2a2728f51b408b1eee.jpgbb48140b3b70f423a1c7122a137e6f8b--countr

The Tracklist

Spoiler

1. Joshua (1970)

2. Coat of Many Colors (1971)

3. Touch Your Woman (1972)

4. My Tennessee Mountain Home (1973)

5. Jolene (1974)

6. I Will Always Love You (1974)

7. Love Is Like A Butterfly (1974)

8. The Bargain Store (1975)

9. Light of a Clear Blue Morning (1977)

10. Here You Come Again (1977)

11. It's All Wrong, But It's All Right (1977)

12. Two Doors Down (1977)

13. Heartbreaker (1978)

14. Baby I'm Burnin' (1978)

15. You're The Only One (1979)

16. Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle to You (1980)

17. Starting Over Again (1980)

18. 9 to 5 (1980)

19. But You Know That I Love You (1980)

20. Islands in the Stream (w/ Kenny Rogers) (1983)

21. Tennessee Homesick Blues (1984)

22. Think About Love (1985)

23. Wildflowers (w/ Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris) (1987)

24. Why'd You Come In Here Lookin' Like That (1989)

25. Rockin' Years (w/ Ricky Van Shelton) (1991)

In general, here are the Criteria for participating in the Megarate:

1) Re-listen to album

2) Rate each track on a scale of 1-10 and your favorite an 11 (if you'd like). Feel free to add commentary to explain your ratings if you'd like!

3) 0's are not allowed.

4) Feel free to use decimals in the values

5) Please don't participate if you didn't listen to the album or if you hate it without reason. Any ratings that demonstrate this will be erased from the calculations.

6) PM me your ratings (send to @rumours).

If you aren't tagged below, feel free to join in! Moreover, if you know of anyone else who may be interested, feel free to tag them.

Due Date for Ratings: Jan 8th (this could change)

Date/Time for Ceremony: TBD

How To Listen to the Songs (Spotify Playlist):

How To Listen to the Songs (Apple Music Playlist):

People Who Might Be Interested:

Spoiler

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @The Louvre @Oriane @loathereality @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @KinneyUnderYou @Live4TheARTPOP @That J @maxblac @StarryNight @PerfectGUY @Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @datlastfam @Punktious @ARPiT @lucca @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @Lonely Lolita @badgirlmeat @lost in limbo@mister max @Kween@blackcoffee @JGD @Jeroen Bloeming@AlexKing4 @PrincessVenus @Blue Madonna @raginchristians  @warholagaga @Marges9 @Trepadation @AlejandroooO @HorusRa2 @Davian @NNES@HosedDownGypsy @TopazBlue @DiamondKing @Lazz Monster @CautiousLurker @Luv u Sum @Jorget @AndrewMac95 @Alex Spade @Oscar Snatcher @Widows Kiss @KatieJudasGaga4 @slayo @Possibly Maybe @WarriorPhoenix @GagaSkeletonWay @TeenIdle @SamanthaC @maxmore @Donna Noble @theadamcreator

@calmar@datlastfam @EvilRegal @MarlonBrando7@warholagaga@The Louvre@Jus @DaftFameMonster @ARPiT @ThaFame @Danny Milk @GovHooker @kihlophix@Punktious @Ronk @SolidSnake@PunkTheFunk @GypsyBabe @KyliesChild @Oriane @GypsyHeartGaga@BBhomemaker @highongaga @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians  @TEAWHORE @Jeroen Bloeming @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea@memomemome@slayo@that juju @Edge of Fame @fayecuntaway @The Bling@blackcoffee @Kandy life @Aubbie @badgirlmeat @That J @ssslyboy@gabrielflorin01@ryanripley @Noah @TheShameMonster @kihlophix @GaGaSwift @kyanewest @Disco Chapel @Ninten Ann @Chic @ARealWildMan @Widows Kiss @TeenIdle @Pantera @Dutch @Phoebe Buffay @Queen of Venus

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @GypsyBabe @The Louvre @Oriane @loathereality @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @KinneyUnderYou @Live4TheARTPOP @That J @maxblac @StarryNight @PerfectGUY @Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @datlastfam @Punktious @ARPiT @lucca @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @teawhore @Lonely Lolita @badgirlmeat @lost in limbo@Gagalderone @mister max @Kween@blackcoffee @JGD @Jeroen Bloeming @radioactive @AlexKing4 @PrincessVenus @Blue Madonna @raginchristians  @warholagaga @Marges9 @Trepadation @AlejandroooO @HorusRa2 @Kimmo @Davian @Lazz Monster @corvus albus @DelusionalGaga @NNES @LaLuna @Maleficent @OG Gaga Stan

@SamanthaC @Gimme More @Blue Madonna @Mirages @Glamourpuss @rumours @DiamondKing @TeenIdle @Davian @Anveeroy @KatieJudasGaga4 @A Hybrid @dllcll @hausofcy @Florian @Nuggets @teawhore @Haus Swiftie @Talenti @AlexTheMonster @Dutch @Glittertinks @lifeasgeorge @Ryusei @Ronk @PerfectCure @DesertWolf @Sherloid Bai @Animal Claws @Lanadelduck @alextruper17 @Varys @Lazz Monster @OG Gaga Stan @HighRoad @Ally Campana @Taylucifer @Smith @Marges

Also, if you'd like to be added to a taglist for which I'll send out reminders for the megarate, please comment below. I'll then add you to the formal taglist if you are interested in participating. :heart:

Formal Taglist:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian

Yaaass, I’m in!:heart: Really excited to hear more from her:diane:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Chromatica

This will be the first megarate I participate in. I’m so excited that you finally decided to do this.

Two Doors Down coming for the #1 spot. :giveup:

HoneyB

I’ll join! It’ll help expand my catalogue:sis:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

edengowon

I'm not too familiar with Dolly but I'm in

Maybe I'll discover some new faves :firega:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• rumours changed the title to Megarate: Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits (Part 1)

Archived