question

Most Overhyped Albums

Perfume

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
halcyonpop

Lemonade, for me. It’s a great album but I mean my goodness I see it at the top of every decade list and I just... ???

FRANK1991
9 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

and she delivered :gayhat:

let's hope it's not the best ever or why we even waiting for LG6

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Regina George

I love artists that released this albums BUT I also think that they have much better albums that are not as overhyped as:

LEMONADE

ARTPOP

Thank you, next

Purpose 

ANTI

Astroworld

StrawberryBlond
14 hours ago, seashellplay said:

I do not understand why you expect Katheryn to produce moderately interesting music... I love Pawp-Mooziq, however her songs have always comprised of gimmicky song lyrics (You're gonna hear me roar) and Max Martin's production 

I think her TD lyrics are some of her best written work, especially the intense visual descriptions of LFN and the romantic nature of TOTGA. Prism seemed like it was trying to be a kid friendly version of TD and it was so childish, it was a huge step back for her. With the exception of DH, Birthday and TIHWD, this literally sounds like an album made for children. I think Capitol forced this direction on her, wanting to capitalise on the very young demographic she had and keep their conservative mothers on side so they'd allow their kids to keep listening to her. I partly think this is why Witness failed because after Prism, it was like nobody took this more mature direction seriously and the really young fans didn't get it.

9 hours ago, letsgetdirrty said:

I agree but FF is not overrated when 90% of Britney’s fans hate it 

It wasn't about being overrated, though, but overhyped. As in, there was so much anticipation for it to be great. Britney fans were bigging it up as a massive comeback for her and after the lead single went #1 (remember she doesn't have many #1's), it was getting hyped as going to be one of her best albums ever. What we got was ok, no more, no less.

gagaschickens
21 hours ago, Smith said:

hi, im pinky twinky:vegas:

:excuseu: 

but i guess i made ha trendy, so.. 

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

Omg I can't believe only one person here mentioned Born This Way

I feel like BTW was the most overhyped pop album of the 21st century

Waiting for it felt like waiting for a second coming of Jesus 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

seashellplay
7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think her TD lyrics are some of her best written work, especially the intense visual descriptions of LFN and the romantic nature of TOTGA. Prism seemed like it was trying to be a kid friendly version of TD and it was so childish, it was a huge step back for her. With the exception of DH, Birthday and TIHWD, this literally sounds like an album made for children. I think Capitol forced this direction on her, wanting to capitalise on the very young demographic she had and keep their conservative mothers on side so they'd allow their kids to keep listening to her. I partly think this is why Witness failed because after Prism, it was like nobody took this more mature direction seriously and the really young fans didn't get it.

It wasn't about being overrated, though, but overhyped. As in, there was so much anticipation for it to be great. Britney fans were bigging it up as a massive comeback for her and after the lead single went #1 (remember she doesn't have many #1's), it was getting hyped as going to be one of her best albums ever. What we got was ok, no more, no less.

Prism is definitely more of a 'compilation of random songs' album, and yeah, her fanbase at the time were primarily young children. It has that Max Martin/Dr. Luke production which is just... ndudjssidrtyh

Birthday is a super gimmicky track, the metaphor falls flat, and I get it, the simple production is hypnotizing, but something about the track feels so superficial, and not like Gaga superficial, where it works - but I guess that's the point. The same thing for International Smile, the 'Ooooh!' fx vocal thing ruins the entire album

TIHWD is probably my favorite KP track, the pop-art visuals and whatnot. The production isn't complex, but it is charming. Birthday is just obnoxious and sounds like something you'd hear at the back of a clothing-store, stuck with your mother. 

Witness didn't do as expected (its case is very similar to ARTPOP's, both leads received #4) due to the fact the whole identity Katy crafted didn't age well. It would be hard to modernize that 'bubblegum pop' sound to the GP in 2017, so naturally she went down the political route, and while I found it obnoxious, I thought the courage to go through such a massive image change was admirable. 

'I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong / To crash the critics saying 'Is is it right or is it wrong?" compared to 'Used to bite my tongue and hold my breath, agree politely blah blah blah'. I feel like this sentence embodied why Katy's image wasn't viable in the start

letsgetdirrty
8 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Femme Fatale is not ok, it’s trash 

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

Smother Em Eh

ARTPOP, everyone thought it was gonna be the next coming of Jesus (like someone else said, couldn't of said it better myself) 

Britney Jean! She made it seem like it was going to showcase her artistry and be really personal when it wasn't AT ALL. 

Lover

TUN

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived