Most Overhyped Albums

Perfume

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adrenaliner
34 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Some of you have already mentioned the ones on my list. ARTPOP, Lemonade, Blackout, Thank u Next and I also have to agree with Ultraviolence. 

Why would you insult the bible like that?

Reginald
3 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

almost all of the responses in this thread are just sad

@ me wanting to react LMAO, Thanks, Sad, and Paws Up all at the same time :tony:

StrawberryBlond

Taylor Swift - 1989 (her most successful album and it's nowhere near her best)

Britney Spears - Femme Fatale (preceded by a #1 and it was her "big comeback" but it was just ok)

Justin Bieber - Purpose (preceded by 3 massive hits he didn't deserve and how he made a comeback, I'll never know)

Beyonce - Lemonade (again, people buying it just because of the gimmick and being tricked into loving it)

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience (one of the biggest damp squibs of a comeback I've ever seen)

Katy Perry - Prism (the basic-ness of Roar compared to her TD songs was immense, yet it launched another big era)

Drake - Scorpion (I still don't get the love for this guy, never have, never will)

Jessie J - Who You Are (in the UK anyway, she had so much hype but once people bought the album, it turned out to be one of the most regretted purchases of all time as she became irrelevant almost immediately afterwards)

Ed Sheeran - Divide (after X's huge success, this was a given, but a very predictable one)

Adele - 25 (inevitable hit, regardless of how it sounded and for the record, it wasn't better than 21)

Red Velvet

Square Up, when it comes to hyping from artists and/or labels themselves.

Imagine only releasing 5 songs during 2 years then ONLY having 4 songs. I am shocked. Really, DDU DU DDU DU, See U Later and Forever Young are their magnum opus though.

If it comes to a fanbase, Skool Luv Affair. The HYYH storyline on the next albums were better though.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

5 hours ago, Adrenaliner said:

Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, Gypsy Life said:

Everything by Lana Del Ray

lol we wish.

angels forever, forever angels

seashellplay
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Taylor Swift - 1989 (her most successful album and it's nowhere near her best)

Britney Spears - Femme Fatale (preceded by a #1 and it was her "big comeback" but it was just ok)

Justin Bieber - Purpose (preceded by 3 massive hits he didn't deserve and how he made a comeback, I'll never know)

Beyonce - Lemonade (again, people buying it just because of the gimmick and being tricked into loving it)

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience (one of the biggest damp squibs of a comeback I've ever seen)

Katy Perry - Prism (the basic-ness of Roar compared to her TD songs was immense, yet it launched another big era)

Drake - Scorpion (I still don't get the love for this guy, never have, never will)

Jessie J - Who You Are (in the UK anyway, she had so much hype but once people bought the album, it turned out to be one of the most regretted purchases of all time as she became irrelevant almost immediately afterwards)

Ed Sheeran - Divide (after X's huge success, this was a given, but a very predictable one)

Adele - 25 (inevitable hit, regardless of how it sounded and for the record, it wasn't better than 21)

I do not understand why you expect Katheryn to produce moderately interesting music... I love Pawp-Mooziq, however her songs have always comprised of gimmicky song lyrics (You're gonna hear me roar) and Max Martin's production 

FRANK1991
7 hours ago, DeIusional said:

within this fan base, ARTPOP.

overall, probably TuN 

i said what i said

giphy.gif 

yeah ARTPOP for sure

she said it was the best album she's ever gonna make so the stakes were high AF

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

4 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

almost all of the responses in this thread are just sad

Or maybe you need to grow up and realize that people have different tastes than you? :huntyga:

Archived