Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you like/hate albums' deluxe and special editions?

Bambino

Deluxe and special editions  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel when artists release special and deluxe editions of their albums?

• I love it.
    • I hate it.

Featured Posts

Ryusei

Yeah I hate getting more songs that are potentially better than the ones on the regular. And a lot of people still put 2 different versions on streaming..

judge judy eye roll GIF

Musery

A Hybrid
42 minutes ago, SeasonOfTheWitch said:

I think the only purpose for a deluxe album should be if artists want to share alternative versions/demos of songs on the standard or even new songs that weren’t finished in time for the “real” standard album.

Florence did this

and it makes a lot more sense than shoving finished songs on a deluxe (why couldn’t they be in the standard?). In other words: Standard should be for finished songs, deluxe for demos/live versions/remixes etc. 

Which Witch needed to be finished :enigma:

what I hate is that I can’t listen to the Target Exclusives in full quality, we deserve them:

No family’s safe when I sashay

March34th

As someone who likes collecting music and different editions of albums that I love, I love when artists release deluxe versions of albums.

But when it's the same exact album, same artwork, same tracklist, with like one or two remixes added as a "deluxe" version, that's kinda annoying

NewUsername
4 minutes ago, March34th said:

As someone who likes collecting music and different editions of albums that I love, I love when artists release deluxe versions of albums.

But when it's the same exact album, same artwork, same tracklist, with like one or two remixes added as a "deluxe" version, that's kinda annoying

indeed.

Long live Gaga for TFM with 8 new songs and Angèle for Brol La Suite with 6 new songs and an orchestral version of a previous song :vegas: 

Archived