đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you like/hate albums' deluxe and special editions?

Bambino

Deluxe and special editions  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel when artists release special and deluxe editions of their albums?

• I love it.
    • I hate it.

Featured Posts

Bambino

Idk about you guys but I ****ing hate it when artists reissue their already released albums as deluxe or special editions only to include one or two songs. I mean I know it's a strategy from the record label but c'mon, just include all the songs you want in one standard edition or just save the newely added tracks to something else.

For example, Paulina Rubio's album, Brava!, included only 10 songs on the standard edition but a few months later she released a reissue that included only three new songs, followed by another version for the US, and yet another edition for Latin America. Was it so hard for her label to include all the songs, which in total are 14, in one standard edition instead of 4? :fail:

Some artists released whole albums again only to include a remix or a featuring. No me gusta :nails:

I feel like with streaming that’s a part of the past

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

SeasonOfTheWitch

I think the only purpose for a deluxe album should be if artists want to share alternative versions/demos of songs on the standard or even new songs that weren’t finished in time for the “real” standard album. Florence did this and it makes a lot more sense than shoving finished songs on a deluxe (why couldn’t they be in the standard?). In other words: Standard should be for finished songs, deluxe for demos/live versions/remixes etc. 

I think Madonna released 3 types of Deluxe editions, cause she can boost the sales, her hardcore fans buyin all of them. 

10 song are enough for an album. (Music) 

Hope Gaga won't release LG6 deluxe Japanese and taiwan edition

9 minutes ago, Red said:

I feel like with streaming that’s a part of the past

This. 

It made more sense from a collectors point of view, but the world has basically slowly but surely switched from that now that streaming is the standard. 

I don't like tbh, it's a cash grab for no single reason, just let me buy the whole album and not less of it.. also in the charts it makes a mess because both versions are charting at the same time instead of merging the sales and streams to one version.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bubblegum Bitch
23 minutes ago, ropi said:

I think Madonna released 3 types of Deluxe editions, cause she can boost the sales, her hardcore fans buyin all of them.

She put Rebel Heart, a title track, in Deluxe Version of album, I can't... :sharon:

Just release a strong album with 12-14 songs and move on. That's what I would do if I were an artist tbh.

Smother Em Eh

I really only like it when it gives us another cover like TFM & BTW

But overall not really tbh. Just give me a strong 14 track album and it’ll be fine. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

FentyGa

i dont mind tbh

just get the version you prefer:laughga:

sometimes songs just don’t fit the regular edition. with taylor’s red, while tmik shoulda been a regular track, cb...bh and gah wouldnt have fit the original album thematically and made sense as deluxe tracks

i also love alternate cover work

Archived