💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Was Gonna Cancel is Kylie's hidden gem

not Chromatica

Featured Posts

not Chromatica

Seriously, the song is so underrated I had to make a thread about it. I think it got lost in the mess that is Kiss Me Once and as a single it went under the radar due to the lack of hype for the album / Kylie in general at the time. But it's SO GOOD. So sweet and personal, but most importantly a BOP! I feel like it's the last of her classics. Anyone agree?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

For me it's Put Yourself in My Place. Even though it was released, it was a long time ago and has been slept on since. 

ew I'm sorry but no. Everything about this song is a mess, and represents everything that is/went wrong with Kiss Me Once. Kylie absolutely hates it, and for good reason

who will love me when the night is over

not Chromatica
4 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

For me it's Put Yourself in My Place. Even though it was released, it was a long time ago and has been slept on since. 

I have just listened to it. It's really nice! Kinda sad how underappreciated she's been throughout her whole career, even after she established herself as a pop goddess in the early 2000s.

not Chromatica
1 minute ago, Spock said:

ew I'm sorry but no. Everything about this song is a mess, and represents everything that is/went wrong with Kiss Me Once. Kylie absolutely hates it, and for good reason

Where did she state her hate for it?

not Chromatica
5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I know the song because it came on shuffle once. It's pretty good. 

Yeah it caught my attention a few years ago (it was released in 2014) and I don't think I'd heard it before.

not Chromatica
12 minutes ago, Spock said:

1 minute ago, PatrickMonster said:

Its barely listenable, but I was sad when it flopped

Why do y'all hate it sm? :messga:

4 minutes ago, highlyreductive said:

Where did she state her hate for it?

She hasn't publically (though she kind of did drag the album), but it's not secret she was miserable during KMO. Insiders and people from her team said she hated everything about the era, and she was forced by RocNation to work with Pharell and promote IWGC as a single when she didn't want to. Then there were all the problems and lawsuits with the music video.. so yeah it was a mess

ARTPOPe

I love it :music: 

One of my most played tracks from Kiss Me Once along with Into The Blue, Les Sex, Sexercize, Million Miles and Feels So Good...

17 minutes ago, Spock said:

Can you elaborate on this? 

Edit: Nvm, you just posted the answer :enigma:

Stream The Love Invention

1 minute ago, ARTPOPe said:

Can you elaborate on this? 

yeah so basically KMO was going to be more of an electronic pop album in the vein of Skirt. During that time she signed with RocNation, which were supposed to finally help her break in the US, but they forced her to scrap almost everything and to work with "trendy" producers like Pharell and Sia, and record songs she didn't want to. They meddled with everything and limited Kylie a lot so she was really frustrated. Then the album came out and it was kind of panned and didn't do well, the budget for the tour was slashed and she couldn't do what she originally intended, and then she also had problems with members of her team. Kylie has completely swept the era under the rug

Crystallize, Golden Boy and Sparks were tracks in the original album and in those tracks you can hear the direction she wanted to go in

PlanetChromatica

Into the Blue is the only half decent song from the album and the music video for IWGC is the most dizzying, headache inducing thing I've ever seen, the constant flow of people walking in different directions in front of Kylie, it makes me dizzy every time I watch it :sick:

Hidden Kylie gems are songs like The One or Confide in Me.

ChromaticaPunk

kiss me once actually has some bops and it got shaded by kylie not including anything from it on her new compilation album.

Archived