💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Was Gonna Cancel is Kylie's hidden gem

not Chromatica

Featured Posts

Asked why the album struggled, Kylie told The Herald Sun: “Maybe it wasn’t successful because it wasn’t good enough or it didn’t deserve more. Who knows? Even in retrospect, it’s hard to say why something works or it doesn’t. It’s dependent on what else is out there and the way it’s promoted.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/kylie-minogue-2-9-1216353

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPe
23 minutes ago, Spock said:

yeah so basically KMO was going to be more of an electronic pop album in the vein of Skirt. During that time she signed with RocNation, which were supposed to finally help her break in the US, but they forced her to scrap almost everything and to work with "trendy" producers like Pharell and Sia, and record songs she didn't want to. They meddled with everything and limited Kylie a lot so she was really frustrated. Then the album came out and it was kind of panned and didn't do well, the budget for the tour was slashed and she couldn't do what she originally intended, and then she also had problems with members of her team. Kylie has completely swept the era under the rug

Crystallize, Golden Boy and Sparks were tracks in the original album and in those tracks you can hear the direction she wanted to go in

Oh boy, what a mess :saladga:

Crystallize is one of my top Kylie tracks and I didn't know about Golden Boy nor Sparks, but listening to them right now... the album that could have been, oh no :bradley:

Stream The Love Invention

not Chromatica
33 minutes ago, Spock said:

yeah so basically KMO was going to be more of an electronic pop album in the vein of Skirt. During that time she signed with RocNation, which were supposed to finally help her break in the US, but they forced her to scrap almost everything and to work with "trendy" producers like Pharell and Sia, and record songs she didn't want to. They meddled with everything and limited Kylie a lot so she was really frustrated. Then the album came out and it was kind of panned and didn't do well, the budget for the tour was slashed and she couldn't do what she originally intended, and then she also had problems with members of her team. Kylie has completely swept the era under the rug

Crystallize, Golden Boy and Sparks were tracks in the original album and in those tracks you can hear the direction she wanted to go in

Omg I just listened to Skirt and it SLAPS. What a shame. It's sad when labels don't trust the artist on what's best for their own direction. I think Kylie's career was plagued by everyone expecting her  to always be this almost manufactured femme fatale pop goddess. That's what's happening to Katy Perry now, although I wouldn't compare ther bodies of work.

not Chromatica
54 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

I love it :music: 

One of my most played tracks from Kiss Me Once along with Into The Blue, Les Sex, Sexercize, Million Miles and Feels So Good...

My issue with the album is that there's quite a few good songs on it, but they're good on their own and do not compliment each other when taken as a whole.

not Chromatica
Just now, ssslyboy said:

Everyone knows Sexercise is the hidden gem. “Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce” :classy:

Ho. Ney. That one... oof!

It's a bop but it's extremely generic just like the whole Kiss Me Once album, tbh it might be the most generic/basic album I've heard ;)

VOLANTIS
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

For me it's Put Yourself in My Place. Even though it was released, it was a long time ago and has been slept on since. 

This x 1000000

It's honestly so timeless. This Kylie song and Madonna's Rain is perfection and the audience needs to know that. :applause: 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

not Chromatica
15 hours ago, GagaInTheZone said:

It's a bop but it's extremely generic just like the whole Kiss Me Once album, tbh it might be the most generic/basic album I've heard ;)

Yeah I see but there's just something about the song that's quite authentic to me, idk...

If you want to listen to what Kylie represents listen to Light Years, X or Aphrodite. Full of witty lyrics and playful sounds.:firega:

KMO is a generic attrocity and IWGK an abomination. 

Musicisfreedom

I'm a huge Kylie fan and tbh, I really like KMO as an album. It's not half as bad as a lot of her fans make it out to be. Same with MDNA (Madonna obvs), fans just trash it to death when it's actually a great album. I guess that's what happens when you have such a perfect discography tho. They do seem to be albums that they put less work into tho.

Bitch I'm Madonna

not Chromatica
1 hour ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I'm a huge Kylie fan and tbh, I really like KMO as an album. It's not half as bad as a lot of her fans make it out to be. Same with MDNA (Madonna obvs), fans just trash it to death when it's actually a great album. I guess that's what happens when you have such a perfect discography tho. They do seem to be albums that they put less work into tho.

Yeah, it definitely is her MDNA in that the songs aren't bad, as I've said above, they just don't work as a whole. No hate for it tho.

Archived