šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How Gaga can get her Emmy and Tony EASIEST way

Lighter

Featured Posts

Teal Ambition
4 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Lol, those are great ideas, you make it sound so easy. But I wouldn't want Gaga's EGOT to be riding on set design, Michael Jackson, and Selena Gomez :air:Ā 

Selena GomezĀ :selena:

ā–Œā”‚ā–ˆā•‘ā–Œā•‘ā–Œā•‘ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ā•‘ā–Œā•‘ā–Œā•‘ā–ˆā”‚ā–Œ

FentyGa
16 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

In order to be eligible for a Tony, the material would need to be written specifically for the stage. A Star Is Born on Broadway would not be eligible for a Tony for best score and lyrics.

revamp it. it would need more songs to be a musical

3 hours ago, KNJ said:

Ā But...Outstanding Variety Special (Live or Pre-Recorded) IS a Primetime Emmy.

Idk the politics with these categories but I think she has the best shot with Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special (Live) cus they've been giving em out to those corny primetime live versions of Bway shows lately or leaning on the Tony Awards.

J and P Live via Great Performances (or even Netflix) is a STRONG contender

Ā 

Jazz & Piano is easily her best executed collection of performancesĀ and shes ****ing outstanding throughout the whole show! She could easily nab the EMMY for that

PACGAGA

Outstanding Variety Special USUALLY goes to a comedy special or a short film/tv show.Ā 
Ā 

Concert/musicĀ films RARELY win in this category.Ā 

nenhures
1 minute ago, PACGAGA said:

Outstanding Variety Special USUALLY goes to a comedy special or a short film/tv show.Ā 
Ā 

Homecoming deserved :bradley:

2 hours ago, PACGAGA said:

Ā 

Looking at winners and nominees, in the Live category, it seems that if you try to bring something relatively new or fresh to the table, and really produce it for tv-viewing --not just airing a recorded event--Ā  seems to give that winning edge???

It has to be special. It has to make the home audience feel like they are/were there. A good director could do that.....they can team up with Chris Moukarbel again! How he shotĀ  the live perfs in Wig were so engaging!

Even so, sentimentalism and how many balls the production had to have in the air to pull that sh!t off also seems to be a good part of the equation.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

nenhures
7 minutes ago, Lighter said:

That one was just plain racism tho

True.

Traditional award shows? Being bigoted and elitist? *pretends to be shocked*

Lighter
59 minutes ago, nenhures said:

True.

Traditional award shows? Being bigoted and elitist? *pretends to be shocked*

Carpool winning over Homecoming i mean.. sounds like a clown joke

PACGAGA
9 minutes ago, Lighter said:

Carpool winning over Homecoming i mean.. sounds like a clown joke

that's what I mean lol.Ā 

It seems like prefer short, funny, television specials. Over long, musical, documentary-type specials.Ā 

Most of Homecomings losses were from TV shows. (Fosse/Vernon, RPDR) The only "movie" it lost to was to Springsteen for directing which even THAT was a joke.Ā 

Get Gaga on Carpool Karaoke and let them submit that, it'll probably win.Ā 

DeanWinchester
6 hours ago, Borisapillar said:

In order to be eligible for a Tony, the material would need to be written specifically for the stage. A Star Is Born on Broadway would not be eligible for a Tony for best score and lyrics.

where did I say it won't be re-written/adapted for stage? :oops:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

10 hours ago, David Pontrella said:

Either writing the music for a new musical or staring in musical/play!Ā  Rumor on the broadway pages is that shes being considered for "Fanny Brice" in a revival of "Funny Girl" where Barbra Streisand was nominated for the tony and won the oscar!Ā 

Ā 

The Emmy might be tricky, but Im surprised they didn't push her for the Emmy after the Golden Globe win....

this funny girl story was just a joke by Rosie O'Donnell that everyone misunderstood

it would be really desperateĀ and kinda disrespecfulĀ if she remade the two biggest roles of Barbra Streisand in a row

I would love to hear her singing the music that makes me dance though

Borisapillar
18 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

where did I say it won't be re-written/adapted for stage? :oops:

You didn't and that's why I was clarifying.

Archived