Anastasios

Would Gaga endorse Bernie?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would Gaga endorse Bernie?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Anastasios

So guys, Im actually from Germany, but since last year I follow progressive channels about American politics and I absolutely support Bernie Sanders. So, even back then in 2016 I was a fan of Bernie, but Hillary won and I thought, well fine... but I didn't quite understood the criticism about Hillary Clinton (I mean, Gaga endorsed her too, right?) 

Bernie supported Hillarys nomination, even did 39 (!) speeches for her. Now in 2019 she is talking bad about him in Interviews and mocks him for no reason. Even Obama is shading Bernie. Why? The Establishment don't want someone who would change the system, because they wouldn't benefit from it. It's insane and evil.

I hope u get my point. 

So... now, I don't know what to think. I mean, politics is always a touchy subject and I hope it reads as respectful - but I can't stop thinking about what kind of understanding Gaga has in politics now. Who would she endorse? Other artists like Cardi B and Ariana Grande endorses Bernie Sanders (...Kanye probably still likes Trump lol) 

Or wouldn't Gaga talk about politics anymore because its triggering? What do you guys think?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

I'm quite sure she's a liberal overall, but probably not a progressive. Very liberal socially, and economically only slightly liberal (so center-left :green: )

She would probably endorse Warren if I had to pick... I hope she can see through Pete, but he's weasily, so :emma: 

And ultimately, she would get on point with Bernie I'd think. I'm hoping shes not so white feminist as to be like "ugh another old white man?!" - but some people are like that :shrug: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Gov Hooka

Lol no she’s a rich white woman with a mansion in Malibu who performs private concerts for rich software people and who actively supported Hillary Clinton over Bernie in 2016. Love her and her art but she’s out of touch when it comes to progressive politics... She fits in with the rest of the Hollywood establishment/corporate Democrats

Anastasios
3 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Lol no she’s a rich white woman with a mansion in Malibu who performs private concerts for rich software people and who actively supported Hillary Clinton over Bernie in 2016. Love her and her art but she’s out of touch when it comes to progressive politics... She fits in with the rest of the Hollywood establishment/corporate Democrats

I get where you coming from, but a lot can change in 3 years. A lot of people endorsed Hillary in 2016, Ariana Grande for example

Trump did a lot of damage and more and more people understand now more than ever, that there is time for intervention and to act up. And I mean, Gaga stands for kindness and bravery... I quite don't want to believe, she isn't really aware of the failed system for millions of people :omg:

derpmonster
4 minutes ago, August3 said:

Why does it matter? That's the real question. 

Because a lot of us would like to know where someone who many of us feel a connection with stands. Her fans are close to her in a way that other fans aren't to their faves and her message is all-encompassing and inherently political. I didn't stan her for Poker Face. I stanned her for the message of Born This Way and Til It Happens To You. And while there are many who came for Poker Face and Bad Romance, there are probably just as many if not more who came for the message. :)

We look up to her and we'd obviously like to see her have a positive vision for the country and the world especially in these trying times.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ItsTommyBitch

I don't expect Bernie to be her first choice. Hell, she might even endorse Biden with the whole "we just have to beat Trump!" message that hes basing his entire campaign on.

That being said, - and this isnt definitive or anything - most leftists I know are very involved in social movements in general, and care about class consciousness and class based oppression in a way that most liberals don't really.  A lot of social activism on the internet is very focused on race, gender, sexuality, abledness, mental health, and appearance. Very little of it is about class :shrug: So, this combined with the fact that she is rich and wasn't entirely poor growing up from what we know... It seems unlikely that Gaga is a huge class crusader(tm) and I can't see any personal reason in her life that she would see things like urgency in taxing the rich, wealth redistribution/reducing income inequality, getting money out of politics, medicare for all, etc.

Then again, she's a very empathetic person, and class consciousness IMO has its roots in empathy and economic awareness. Even if shes not a progressive, I could see her becoming one easily. Get to work kids :green: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

2 hours ago, Anastasios said:

Trump did a lot of damage and more and more people understand now more than ever, that there is time for intervention and to act up. And I mean, Gaga stands for kindness and bravery... I quite don't want to believe, she isn't really aware of the failed system for millions of people :omg:

The only reason people talk about political corruption today is because they dont like Trump. Nobody cared when it was a charismatic black man in Office for 8 years. The system wont change until people go on the street to protest and demand their rights and not vote for the better of two evils. A Democrat is not that different than Trump or Bush.

Andy McQueen
2 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Sadly, yes. :(

2 hours ago, Saint Jude said:

gaga is rich. rich people are their own political party

Many rich people are progressives. Also, many rich celebrities are progressives like Susan Sarandon and Cardi B 

Reality

She’s only going to endorse the democratic nominee, no matter who that is. If I remember correctly, Gaga only publicly endorsed Hillary when she became the nominee, and not during the primary campaign. She’ll do the same thing here. 

I’d be interested to know who she actually likes though. I could see either it being Warren or Biden, because of her history with him.

🖤👹

Conservative Mom

she is a discreet trump supporter:party: i knew this from my cousin who works for Russian intelligence

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

ItsTommyBitch
1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

The only reason people talk about political corruption today is because they dont like Trump. Nobody cared when it was a charismatic black man in Office for 8 years. The system wont change until people go on the street to protest and demand their rights and not vote for the better of two evils. A Democrat is not that different than Trump or Bush.

The top is conservatives, the bottom is progressives :emma: 

Anyway, the bolded statement is patently false, its just that Trump is a pathological liar and his corruption is basically daily. Obama had many faults, economically, on foreign policy, etc. but to say that that is comparable to what Trump is is... beyond a reach. Fact checkers didnt just come out of nowhere in 2016, they existed before and leftists held Obama to account on his errors all of the damn time. The only difference with Trump now is that arguably many more people are aware of how broken the system is, or feel more personal stake in speaking out about it than in the past, its not that Democrats were purposefully silent before - they weren't. Democrats are annoyingly (but necessarily) self-critical and disjointed.

Also the "better of two evils" thing is a lie. The more marginal, and fringe your identity and ideology become, the more accurate that statement, but for the majority of people in this country, Democrats aren't an *evil* at all in terms of their impact on people's day to day lives because their general mode of operating in the last 50 years is incremental, gradual change... but Republicans are more dangerous for more people. It's like saying MSNBC and FOX News are equally bad. They just aren't on the same level even though they are both definitely biased in their political leanings.

Archived