💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

On this day: 10 years of Avatar

Newpolitics

Featured Posts

Newpolitics

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCNACELwBSFryq4

Avatar is a 2009 American  epic science fiction film released on 10th december in london and 16th december across the world. The film is set in the mid-22nd century when humans are colonizing Pandora, a lush habitable moon of a gas giant in the Alpha Centauri star system, in order to mine the mineral unobtainable. The expansion of the mining colony threatens the continued existence of a local tribe of Na'vi – a humanoid species indigenous to Pandora. Grossing over $2.79 billion it became of the the highest grossing films of all time. and subjected to massive criticial acclaim  . this was also nominated for over 9  Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director and won three, for Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects.

when did you first saw this movie and how was your experience of watching it :awesome:

avatar.jpegimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6aVb5MXC948j3whVzJRi

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6aVb5MXC948j3whVzJRiimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnUCX81xOtc9QdUDrTFurJames-Cameron-livre-plus-de-details-sur-

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Newpolitics

trailer of the movie Avatar 

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Newpolitics
3 minutes ago, YCHofficial said:

Was thinking of

latest?cb=20121119085519

my childhood the  avatar air bender :messga:

Newpolitics
2 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I've been meaning to watch this since it came out have I really put it off for 10 years? :neyde:

i-

• Admin changed the title to On this day: 10 years of Avatar
StuckInMyMind

Amazing movie! I absolutely love it, just takes a lot of chocolate and wine to get through the 3+ hours

JoanneMonster

I like it but the story is a bit meh

lts just like pocahontas but in blue and without the bops

I See You

KleinGa

Saw this movie so long ago. Reading your synopsis helped jog my memory but I still don't remember anything about the plot :messga:

All I remember is that there was blue people and weird hair sex

It's not my favorite film.  It's overrated. 

I guess it pushed movies to go big but if it doesn't impact people I don't see the point. 

gagzus

I didn’t care much for the movie as a whole but the visuals were stellar and ahead of their time.

im curious how the other films are gonna turn out because this one is basically inspired by America being invaded and slaughtering indigineous people and assimilation which is a touchy subject nowadays, it will receive backlash if people deem it as racist or whatnot- plus the film was special because of the technology it possessed, but in the age of Avengers and other massive blockbusters, this motion capture technology, realistic CGI and the 3D aspect are all basically bog standard in cinema now.

Id say the original is a solid 6.5/10 though in hindsight

I still need to watch it :poot:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived