Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Miquela the robot

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

Teal Ambition

Has anyone heard about her? :air: 

I saw this video going around on Twitter:

I'm so weirded out :triggered: As the top comment says "Girl what the Black Mirror is going on"

I did a google search and this is what wikipedia says :messga:

Spoiler

Miquela Sousa, better known as Lil Miquela, is a virtual influencer created by Los Angeles-based company Brud. The project began in 2016 as an Instagram profile. The account details a fictional narrative which presents Miquela as a sentient robot and model in conflict with other digital projects, while marketing a variety of brands, primarily in fashion. As a marketing tool, Lil Miquela has featured product endorsements for streetwear and luxury brands such as Calvin Klein and Prada. By April 2018, the account had amassed more than a million followers.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

I can't take her seriously, she looks like a sim :smh:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

dynamite
Just now, Red said:

I can't take her seriously, she looks like a sim :smh:

Put her in a pool and remove the steps :neyde:

Just now, dynamite said:

Put her in a pool and remove the steps :neyde:

They fixed this in Sims 3 :flop:

Teal Ambition

Some of her music :laughga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

AlexanderMagno

So, wait.

First question, is she a robot? A real, physical robot? Or just a digital figure?

Second... Does she post and talk all by herself, or is there anyone controlling her? I don't really understand AI this advanced, I have so many questions about it.

1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

So, wait.

First question, is she a robot? A real, physical robot? Or just a digital figure?

Second... Does she post and talk all by herself, or is there anyone controlling her? I don't really understand AI this advanced, I have so many questions about it.

No and no. She is literally a HD Sim.

Newpolitics

giphy.gif

sophie is shaking

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Economy
3 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

So, wait.

If she is a real robot she's probably like Sofia... Her answers are still mostly pre-programmed

But it looks digital tbh

AlexanderMagno
1 minute ago, Red said:

No and no. She is literally a HD Sim.

oh ok ok, I wasn't really understanding if she was some sort of Sophia. 

Still... AI will become so advanced in the next twenty years, I'm already scared of it.

Newpolitics
6 minutes ago, Teal Ambition said:

Some of her music :laughga:

GAGA WHO? i only stan miquela now:trollga:

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Economy
7 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

oh ok ok, I wasn't really understanding if she was some sort of Sophia. 

Still... AI will become so advanced in the next twenty years, I'm already scared of it.

I don't think there's anything to be afraid of anytime soon

I'm not convinced AI will ever be able to fully think for themselves and will always be limited to what they are programmed to do

For them to go out of step they would need some kind of free will and we don't even understand what allows that in humans much less reproduce it... 

Even animals which have far more complex brains than anything we can make in the foreseeable future only have some degree of free will and are still heavily held back by instinct

In addition to free will there's also contiousness which would be an even earlier feat that would need to be replicated first... Again don't think we will accomplish that anytime soon

Zander

Her body + voice is a real person and to an extent her face is but it's mostly digitally created.  There's two other "people" created by the same company but she's been the most successful one on instagram (which is why I think they invest more into  bringing her to "life" in videos as the others only appear as stills).

Bermuda;

Blawko;

Archived