💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga on Pope's views on homosexuality

Americano

Featured Posts

As someone who was raised a Catholic, this makes me slightly uncomfortable.

I am an atheist now, but my issue with the prohibition of gay marriage is that marriage is not an exclusive Catholic, Christian or even Religious ceremony. Marriage is a civil issue.

Catholic's have always been rather consistent about their views on marriage. Marriage is a holy sacrament to Catholics, it is not only about the union of two people in love, there is great emphasis put on the process of procreation.

That means a couple that knows they are infertile are unable to marry, elderly couples are unable to marry and gay couples are unable to marry.

Marriage to me however, is not about procreation. The emphasis of marriage for me is love.

Make gay marriage legal, but let the religious do what they want. Their marriage has a different sort of significance and a different emphasis.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how is it sad? i've read it in the bible with my own eyes.

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

is that supposed to be metaphorical or what?

http://bible.cc/leviticus/20-13.htm here's a bunch of translations, which all seem to say the same thing. am i missing something?

And also on Leviticus, kids that disobey their parents also should be put to death. If Leviticus was to be taken seriously, we should kill half of the world's population, that includes you, me, and probably even our mothers

--------

Also, as far as I'm concerned, a Christian is the one who follows the steps of Christ, and he never said anything about gays. It's all in the old testament, when you could go to hell for eating pigs, and sorry but I can't agree with anyone that believes bacon is a sin.

Well in the bible (Leviticus 11 10) there is even written that is a sin to eat seafood, but as we all can see everyone (even the Pope) eats them

I think that is not important to follow step by step everything written in the Bible. For me God is something completely apart of the Bible.

Just follow your heart and believe in what you think it's right. :)

i think it's important to be consistent in your beliefs if you want them to be taken seriously. scriptural consistency is impossible and we all know that if we were to follow the bible to a tee we'd all be dead by now. to say that homos-xuality is an abomination but seafood is insignificant because it's tasty is quite fatuous when it is so written! but i don't think we should follow our hearts (though i know what you mean), i think we should follow truth and evidence and "do unto others as you would have them do to you", which is not a coherent biblical teaching since we've just discussed its contradiction. :)

Woolfsmck

how is it sad? i've read it in the bible with my own eyes.

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

is that supposed to be metaphorical or what?

http://bible.cc/leviticus/20-13.htm here's a bunch of translations, which all seem to say the same thing. am i missing something?

Which Bible...? It's not 'one' book. .... The passage you refer to was written by an individual 'claiming' to have heard the words of god.

Plus, holding Cristian ideology as the only view is tunnel vision IMO ... The native American population , (before European settlement) had gay marriages ... As to numerous other cultures. . . . .

You can be for it or against it, but Cristian beliefs aren't even the most prevelant...

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

lol

Which Bible...? It's not 'one' book. .... The passage you refer to was written by an individual 'claiming' to have heard the words of god.

the judeo-christian bible, also known as The Bible.

all of the bible was written by individuals claiming to have heard the words of god or written about the alleged life of god on earth, then meticulously edited over thousands of years.

Woolfsmck

Marriage to me however, is not about procreation. The emphasis of marriage for me is love.

Make gay marriage legal, but let the religious do what they want. Their marriage has a different sort of significance and a different emphasis.

Depends , modern society doesn't have an issue with having enough population...so I tend to agree to put marriage in the context of 'loving' partners....

However, marriage at the time the Bible was written, was indeed a union for family and procreation, as well as insuring the survival of a nation in times of war when people are slaughtered regularly.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

WarriorPrince

Can i just say that i love her. :flutter:

The Pope is stupid. But the people who give him power are even MORE stupid.

How can you give so much credit to a ****ing old man who knows **** about nothing?

Everytime he visits a country in Europe it's like Jesus comming to land for Christians, it annoys me so much.

My country had to pay 37 million euros for his holyness to put his ass here in 2010.

His just a old man for god's sake :coffee:

Woolfsmck

lol

the judeo-christian bible, also known as The Bible.

all of the bible was written by individuals claiming to have heard the words of god or written about the alleged life of god on earth, then meticulously edited over thousands of years.

'edited' cough cough ... By whom.? It's how the text is interpreted that causes most religious argument....follow god in your heart if you have faith....the bible or The Bible is up for interpretation ....

That nazi pope needs to be tried for crimes against humanity... Prick... He's actually telling Africans that using condoms will increase the risk of getting HIV while he transfer his molesting priest to different congregations to protect them... And the person above me... the bible was edited by dozens of Vatican councils, perhaps uve heard of them? Or perhaps the apocrypha? Books that were put in or taken out that we're deemed too dangerous by the church? Do some research before opening your mouth to defend the bible...

CannaeDrive

Also, as far as I'm concerned, a Christian is the one who follows the steps of Christ, and he never said anything about gays. It's all in the old testament, when you could go to hell for eating pigs, and sorry but I can't agree with anyone that believes bacon is a sin.

:tea: You're right, because bacon is awesome and slays all other flop foods.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Woolfsmck

:tea: You're right, because bacon is awesome and slays all other flop foods.

Yep, the bible is wack cause it's says bacon sucks....8-/

The pope is just an old hag. :troll: I mean cmon, we need someone YOUNG! Someone smart, who has the ****ing energy and is from our generation, not some 1950s.

Archived