Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gypsy should've had a key change

DC

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, seashellplay said:

An ideal single schedule (imo) would follow (Though in reality this would only function if her hip was diagnosed earlier, and Interscope was more lenient and wasn't so strict in terms of money): 

Applause: May 2013, Friday release to potentially reach #1 

Venus & Sexxx Dreams (Promotional Singles): June 2013, With beautiful lyric videos by 'Mr. Gabriel Marquez' (Brilliant artist who has worked with Marina before)

DWUW (Lacking R.Kelly): August 2013, Likely to reach approximately #7-8 (With a music video, of course.)

Gypsy: October 2013, Friday release, #7 (Generic music-video with her travelling across the globe or something, general public cry a river over these sorts of things) 

G.U.Y.: February 2014, Friday Valentines release, reaching ~#50-60, I understand why Gaga wanted this as a single, plus the ARTPOP Film: G.U.Y. was probably one of the only triumphs during this era (Other than Applause)

Aura: June 2014, Release during Gemini season, this song would likely do horrible on the charts, with it being such a strange EDM track, but this is an 'ideal' single cycle, and Gaga evidently wanted some form of separate release for Aura with an accompanying visual - Though the era would conclude in controversy with the 'Burqa' references. 

Only reason why I don’t agree with DWUW as single was because it was always planned to be on the album with Kelly. So even if we speculate she would have recorded it with someone else, the main reason it was released as a single was because of R Kelly. She only performed with Xtina when she was promoting it on the voice and by then new R Kelly information was released. I just think they should’ve avoided the single altogether, as Gaga didn’t even want it in the first place.

Otherwise I like your plan and I wish her team planned ahead for ARTPOP because even though it didn’t have the best songs, technically most of the songs were radio friendly (Gypsy, Donatella, Fashion, Dope, Manicure) and the songs that weren’t, would’ve have great videos (Aura, Venus, GUY and the title track). There was tons of opportunity here.

BYE

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived