💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Marriage Story (Netflix)

mamo

Featured Posts

So it's that time of year again when the 2020 awards contenders drop their films and today we're talking about 'Marriage Story' written and directed by Noah Baumbach, starring Scarlett Johansson and Adam Driver which was released on netflix worldwide yesterday. 

Have any of y'all watched it yet and what do you think?

Personally, it's one of my favourite films released this year - I watched it last night and my heart is literally still recovering from it. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Reality

I didn't know it was out yet! I've been meaning to watch this; it looks really good. 

đŸ–€đŸ‘č

Newpolitics

idk maybe i would but i,m honestly not really am a fan of romantic movies :neyde:

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

11 minutes ago, Newpolitics said:

idk maybe i would but i,m honestly not really am a fan of romantic movies :neyde:

it's not necessarily a romantic movie - it's about a couple going through a divorce and how the process of it affects their relationship. 

Newpolitics
2 minutes ago, mamo said:

it's not necessarily a romantic movie - it's about a couple going through a divorce and how the process of it affects their relationship. 

oh okay thanks :vegas: . maybe i,ll watch it now

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

Thomas P

A masterpiece. Deserves all the acting awards and a screenplay award.

Im still behind 1917 I think for best picture (haven’t seen it but it looks incredible)

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

androiduser

didn't know it was a Netflix movie! Apparently Scarlett Johansson is a strong contender for an Oscar nomination, and Adam Driver is even predicted to be one of the possible winners.

sampool

And people think that everyone will cancel Netflix for Disney+ 💀 Nostalgia can only get you so far. I don’t think people are into Disney new shows as much they’re into Netflix shows and documentaries.

34 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

A masterpiece. Deserves all the acting awards and a screenplay award.

Im still behind 1917 I think for best picture (haven’t seen it but it looks incredible)

THIS. 

I watched marriage story last night and I'm still thinking about it - what a film! 

also I'm not sure what's going to sweep for best picture next year, the oscars in the last few years seem to choose an alternative. I think Adam Driver is going to sweep and win for best actor, Johansson will get nominated but not sure if she'll win although based on her performance she deserves it. 

Thomas P
15 minutes ago, mamo said:

THIS. 

I watched marriage story last night and I'm still thinking about it - what a film! 

also I'm not sure what's going to sweep for best picture next year, the oscars in the last few years seem to choose an alternative. I think Adam Driver is going to sweep and win for best actor, Johansson will get nominated but not sure if she'll win although based on her performance she deserves it. 

She’ll probably lose to Renee Zellweger, but both gave PHENOMENAL performances so I’d be happy either way. 
Adam is definitely winning, and I’m 99% sure Laura Dern is gonna win for supporting.

12 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

She’ll probably lose to Renee Zellweger, but both gave PHENOMENAL performances so I’d be happy either way. 
Adam is definitely winning, and I’m 99% sure Laura Dern is gonna win for supporting.

Zellwegger was phenomenal in Judy but I think someone else could pull of a surprise upset, like how Olivia Colman  won over Glenn Close. Johansson and Charlize Theron are her closest competitors at this point, also maybe Saoirse Ronan for Little Women? 

I think Dern has supporting actress on lock unless the HFPA/academy favour Margot Robbie in bombshell or JLo. 

djBuffoon

Saw it this morning. Lacerating and even tough to watch at times, but also very human and funny. Beautiful script. Johansson, Driver, and Dern are all worthy of their accolades. 

wow I've never heard of it but now I definitely will watch it! Maybe tonight

Thomas P
26 minutes ago, mamo said:

Zellwegger was phenomenal in Judy but I think someone else could pull of a surprise upset, like how Olivia Colman  won over Glenn Close. Johansson and Charlize Theron are her closest competitors at this point, also maybe Saoirse Ronan for Little Women? 

I think Dern has supporting actress on lock unless the HFPA/academy favour Margot Robbie in bombshell or JLo. 

I think it’s time we face facts...this year in cinema was INCREDIBLE. So many fantastic movies, the Oscars this year will actually be really fun to watch. 

Archived