Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Liam Payne accused of fetishising bisexuality on new album ‘LP1’

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Liam-Payne-2-1392x884.jpg

Liam Payne has drawn criticism for fetishising bisexual women on his new album ‘LP1’, specifically in the lyrics to his track ‘Both Ways’.

The song, which alludes to having a threesome with his partner, includes the lines: “Flipping that body, go head, I go tails / Sharing that body like it’s our last meal.” One listener pointed out the “uncomfortable” way in which he describes a bisexual woman and “furthers the stereotype that bi ppl are only into that.”

In a two-star review of ‘LP1’, NMEwrote: “‘Both Ways’ is perhaps meant to be ‘LP1’s ‘naughty’ moment – but it comes off as leery instead. His girl likes it “both ways” and “like the way it all tastes” and Payne’s keen to bring things back to his place. It’s actually cack-handed rather than sinister.

“Numerous lyrics emphasise his partner’s agency, hammering home the point that this threesome situation is her idea: lucky ol’ Liam has merely been invited to the party. He even emphasises, at every possible opportunity, that he doesn’t judge or discriminate.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/liam-payne-accused-of-fetishising-bisexuality-on-new-album-lp1-2584820

Jadeykins

People fetishise bisexuals all the time. Like I know (because I am bi) that tonnes of straight men will go onto lgbt dating sites purely because they think bisexual women are sexually insatiable and love threesomes. And yeah....some bi people are very sexual and do enjoy threesomes...but so do a lot of straight girls. 
but tbh the stereotype that bothers me most is that bisexuals are more likely to cheat because we can’t be satisfied. It’s so dumb 

This doesn't make any sense. 

He sings about how he enjoyed having a threesome with his "bisexual" partner and therefore is being shamed for enjoying...having a threesome?

If people didn't enjoy having a threesome, would people...have threesomes?

So as a bi woman the girl in the twitter is denying the fact that there are sexually free bi women who likes threesome? are we back to the middle age?

It's so ego-centric to think that a song is personal and written to admire or to offend you.. it's just a sexual song, just don't listen to it if you don't like it.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Biden Harris 2024

Why are people so overly sensitive? It's his art. It's his world. It's a song. Doesn't have to mean that he feels this way or that way. Whatever happened to artistic freedom. :nails:

this is almost parody bad to me

"like that you're different, yeah do what you want

i won't judge, i won't judge

lovin how she's turning you on"

Internet culture promotes being a wuss and egotism. Not everything is a personal attack on you, not everyone is beautiful, and the world won’t always be exactly to your liking. Get a grip. It’s a song about a threesome with 2 girls, who likely enjoyed the threesome. 

Sickness

The song is called "Both Ways" and the opening line is literally "my girl she like it both ways" how is it not about bisexual girls more than just a threesome :rip:

This is the song version of straights being disgusted by gays but turned on by lesbians because they only see women as sexual objects for their pleasure.

Ryusei

.... can people deal with real issues instead of picking someone‘s song lyrics apart? It‘s not even a single or anything, the only people who will ever hear this are his fans.. also there is no talk of being disgusted by gays here we can have that conversation when it is actually mentioned 

Musery

StrawberryBlond

But there's been so many songs like this already, why get angry at this one? We've heard it all before, it's not even shocking at this point. The only controversy is that he's a former boybander with a lot of young fans who is making very sexually explicit material. It's the big downside of starting your career in a family friendly set-up, you feel under pressure to stay that way forever. I think all the 1D boys have been on a mission to prove that they're adults now with sweary songs with sex and drug references. It's all a bit try-hard. And in Liam's case, when he's still not long out of a relationship with Cheryl, who was all about fidelity and had a baby with him suggest this song is far from the truth. He's been working on this album since 2017, so don't tell me this was all inspired by recent events. Point is, it just seems exaggerated for bad boy credentials.

Thing is, the threesome thing will always be a stereotype for bi people because like it or not, some of them are into it. It's one of the most natural things you'd be into if what's in someone's pants doesn't bother you. It's not accurate for everyone but every sexuality has stereotypes that come with it. I'd much rather people made songs that were accepting of it as opposed to songs making it out to be weird or gross.

Archived